The online racing simulator
iRacing - chapter III
(1141 posts, started )
I can easily sustain the drift with that car. It's a kinda mind-game with the FOV showing you a lower slip angle than you actually have and what I mentioned above, about steering lock.
Show me a video, do 1 small circle with full opposite lock, or close to that, not some 2 degrees angle like Phil sowed some pages earlier.
Quote from kars19 :Show me a video, do 1 small circle with full opposite lock, or close to that, not some 2 degrees angle like Phil sowed some pages earlier.

Kars: There's no point. You cannot make the blind see.
Lol, got a call from protest head hahaha woops it was not a telemarketer or a prank call
Quote from CrAZySkyPimp :Guys, why are you making a hen out of a feather, I'm sure mouseman heard the price-argument more times then you think. It's his choice to join the fun, or sit on the sideline and watch it.

all he does is sit on the sidelines, even on LFS. Countless times.
CBA to rent it, I'm clearly not that serious about it..I just want to buy the whole game completely and enjoy it as it is..not rent it once in a while just to enjoy myself. o_O
-
(Töki (HUN)) DELETED by Töki (HUN)
Quote from kars19 :Show me a video, do 1 small circle with full opposite lock, or close to that, not some 2 degrees angle like Phil sowed some pages earlier.

2 seems a bit harsh, I'll take 20.

Show me a real life example with those requirements and I'll try to replicate it.
Pretty pathetic that slip angles are still a "hot topic" Everyone knows iR slip angles isn't the best out there, but if you know how to wheel it and work like the average person with an income - then it's one hell of a fun sim.
Quote from CrAZySkyPimp :Pretty pathetic that slip angles are still a "hot topic" Everyone knows iR slip angles isn't the best out there, but if you know how to wheel it and work like the average person with an income - then it's one hell of a fun sim.

If it ****s up having proper responses to a slipping tyre, how can it say that it has a realistic tyre model. It has a realistic model, it will perform correctly at all slip angles, not correctly within a small small window of parameters.

Again, I wouldn't expect anything other than deceit from lieRacing and nothing put pure denial from the fans who have bought in.
Just crawl back under your rock you troll, though I will never get tired of seeing the way you try to make your miserable life feel better by spitting constant crap out of your mouth Not even going to waste any time on a proper resonse, 0/5 troll, nothing to see here.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :
Quote from CrAZySkyPimp :Pretty pathetic that slip angles are still a "hot topic" Everyone knows iR slip angles isn't the best out there, but if you know how to wheel it and work like the average person with an income - then it's one hell of a fun sim.

If it ****s up having proper responses to a slipping tyre, how can it say that it has a realistic tyre model. It has a realistic model, it will perform correctly at all slip angles, not correctly within a small small window of parameters.

Again, I wouldn't expect anything other than deceit from lieRacing and nothing put pure denial from the fans who have bought in.

Yeah, they should advertise themselves as Massively Multiplayer Online Racing With Shitty Tyre Model But It Is Fine, that would help boost the sales. clearly not
The thing is that they could fix it but don't want to. Realism = difficulty after all. And I'm pretty sure that punchline also appeals a lot to the old gtr1/2/rf players who had cars that spun in similar manner.
Since I saw an 'update' about the new fence rendering system, I was just utterly ashamed of LFS for some reason and felt like i was waiting for years just to get a couple of new turns and some new fence rendering system to gain a couple FPS for win95 users... So I went searching for an alternative for the time being and i paid 15$ for 3 months of iRacing.

Compared to LFS the multiplayer functionality is different but its also new to me. I've bought Bathurst for 13$ which didn't make a big dent in my account even if i only work part time and get close to minimum wage. I think of the investment as not buying crap loads of beer when i go out with friends and instead putting some of that cash into iRacing and see what comes of it.

I got my Class D license within a week and i must say its clean and really competitive racing all the way, the rolling start system is well done and it requires patience. I remember it was my first rolling start and i didn't know proper procedure of which car to let through and which car to stay behind so i passed a leading driver before the green light went on. Afterwards i got a private message form the same driver welcoming me to iRacing and understanding I'm new and even gave me a link to the sporting code after telling me tips on how to get a good start in the rolling start procedure.

That was my introduction to the iRacing community, seems like a mature and intelligent bunch that just gets together for some clean decent racing for the evening. In my opinion, physics wise at least with the Pontiac Solstice and Mazda MX 5 Cup car really fun to drive and gives good FFB response and you can feel the car like in LFS except without the massive give of tires and slipping all over the place if your not on slicks. Of course people might say something about the slip angles or whatever. Yes, if you loose the car mid corner there's a 80% chance you're going to not regain control, I think it depend on the FFB settings, steering lock and of course the drivers reaction time, I've managed to do some drifts on the MX 5 cup car myself although they weren't done on purpose but it is possible. but you don't buy iRacing for drifting anyways so I don't see why anyone would complain about drifting in iRacing.

I still love LFS and will forever be subsribed to the forums and enjoy the new Westhill version whenever it comes out. LFS tire physics simulation has not been beat yet from competitors but the lack of updates and lack of new people on the LFS team just shows that further progress will be as slow as before and every update after Rockingham, Westhill and etc will just take even more time to complete. So i suggest using your free time wisely and see and experience new simulations, software. It really is a fun little Sim aside from the money being spent if you take it seriously enough. Just thought i'd share my experience with you guys, hope it wasn't too long of a read
-
(Töki (HUN)) DELETED by Töki (HUN)
Dont want to sound like a big douche here but atleast they don't advertise on other websites in a desperate attempt to gain customers, like Oculust rift vr with pictures of the scirocco and rockingham that haven't been available to actual users for 6 years. lol
Quote from Danas :Dont want to sound like a big douche here but atleast they don't advertise on other websites in a desperate attempt to gain customers, like Oculust rift vr with pictures of the scirocco and rockingham that haven't been available to actual users for 6 years. lol

I don't think Scawen has done what you've described. All the OR images are from current version of LFS, not the "S3" fork (as I'd presume it's done).

As for your complaint about fence rendering, it's actually a bigger deal than you think. It's the addition of graphics engine features that will allow more complex geometry (instead of poor alpha textres) for various structures, without putting a strain onto the graphics card. What Scawen has done is effectively implement geometry instancing, which was touted as some huge DX10 feature (but supported in DX9).

It might seem small for the uneducated, but for those who do understand graphics engines and the complications that programming can bring, the fences are a pretty nice update to the graphics engine.

Quote from CrAZySkyPimp :Just crawl back under your rock you troll, though I will never get tired of seeing the way you try to make your miserable life feel better by spitting constant crap out of your mouth Not even going to waste any time on a proper resonse, 0/5 troll, nothing to see here.

Because you don't have a response, as I'm correct. If we're allowing something to be called a sim when it works within very specific parameters, then NFS and even GeneRally are "sims" as they correctly simulate a stationary car without any problems. Further evidence to me being correct is instead of ignoring the post, you needed to insult me demonstrating that you genuinely have no counter argument and instead need to attack my character.
Let's put it this way. Lfs only releases screenshots about things that will never get released. Iracing releases screenshots about stuff that will be in the game during the next 3 months, usually sooner. If getting 10 screenshots in 6 years is your idea of racing sim then lfs is the perfect sim for you.
Yeah LFS isn't even in the discussion. I'm not an iRacing fanboy and have plenty of reasons to hate it, but right now for me it seems to be the only choice where you get regular updates and new content and good racing.

I would say if there's any flaw they release too much new physics and content and I would imagine it's difficult to motivate people in the community to test it properly because of that.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Because you don't have a response, as I'm correct. If we're allowing something to be called a sim when it works within very specific parameters, then NFS and even GeneRally are "sims" as they correctly simulate a stationary car without any problems. Further evidence to me being correct is instead of ignoring the post, you needed to insult me demonstrating that you genuinely have no counter argument and instead need to attack my character.

Hahaha keep going, this is hilarious Starting an argument with a first troll post then thinking one is winning it because troll couldnt be more obvious, I always laugh at this one. Can't fix stupid.
Quote :I don't think Scawen has done what you've described. All the OR images are from current version of LFS, not the "S3" fork (as I'd presume it's done).

Actually check this: https://share.oculus.com/app/live-for-speed-s2

I'd call it false advertisment, knowing that the devs put that up themselves.
Quote from Danas :
Quote :I don't think Scawen has done what you've described. All the OR images are from current version of LFS, not the "S3" fork (as I'd presume it's done).

Actually check this: https://share.oculus.com/app/live-for-speed-s2

I'd call it false advertisment, knowing that the devs put that up themselves.

The two pictures that are of the Oculus Rift display are from currently available to the public content. The ONLY content that is there that is not yet available to the public is the Volkswagen Scirocco video. So what you quoted and challenged is in fact a true statement, because nothing they posted is "S3" content, and also the still images are of already available content.
-
(Bmxtwins) DELETED by dekojester : yeah, let's not start this again plzkthxs
-
(CrAZySkyPimp) DELETED by dekojester : yeah, let's not start this again plzkthxs
-
(dawesdust_12) DELETED by dekojester : yeah, let's not start this again plzkthxs
-
(Töki (HUN)) DELETED by dekojester : yeah, let's not start this again plzkthxs
-
(dawesdust_12) DELETED by dekojester : yeah, let's not start this again plzkthxs
Quote :The iRacing Black Friday Special is back and we are starting early this year.

Now through December 4, 2014 we have cut the price of a one-year renewal membership in half. That’s right, you can renew your membership for just $49! (regularly $99)

You can use this code up to five times!

Use promo code PR-49RENEW2014 to take advantage of this offer. Simply click "View Cart" at the top of the page, then enter the promotion code from above and click "Apply". Finally, complete the checkout process.

Act fast as this offer expires December 4th at 23:59 GMT. Valid on existing active accounts only.

Don't forget that when you renew early the extra year membership gets added to your existing membership. For example, if you are set to expire on January 31, 2015 and you use this promotion you will now expire on January 31, 2016.

One year for half the price. Would like to buy it but I'll probably stop playing it because of horrible tire physics.
Quote from CardsetCrazy :
Quote :The iRacing Black Friday Special is back and we are starting early this year.

Now through December 4, 2014 we have cut the price of a one-year renewal membership in half. That’s right, you can renew your membership for just $49! (regularly $99)

Use promo code PR-49RENEW2014 to take advantage of this offer. Simply click "View Cart" at the top of the page, then enter the promotion code from above and click "Apply". Finally, complete the checkout process.

Act fast as this offer expires December 4th at 23:59 GMT. Valid on existing active accounts only.

Don't forget that when you renew early the extra year membership gets added to your existing membership. For example, if you are set to expire on January 31, 2015 and you use this promotion you will now expire on January 31, 2016.

One year for half the price. Would like to buy it but I'll probably stop playing it because of horrible tire physics.

The tyre physics really are not that bad. It depends which car you are on.
-
(Kristi) DELETED by Kristi : Wrong topic
-
(dawesdust_12) DELETED by dawesdust_12 : Kristi posted in wrong thread.
-
(Kristi) DELETED by Kristi : Not this topic
Quote from Bmxtwins :

Tyre physics combined to those bloody incident points are always killing me. It's not enjoyable when you have to drive so careful. Can't drive normally because you get off-track very often on the exits and get scared to death every time your rear starts sliding.
Quote from Bmxtwins :

Tyre physics combined to those bloody incident points are always killing me. It's not enjoyable when you have to drive so careful. Can't drive normally because you get off-track very often on the exits and get scared to death every time your rear starts sliding.

Incs are fine, some road tracks are a bit more lenient with the offtracks than others though.
Quote from Mustangman759 :Incs are fine, some road tracks are a bit more lenient with the offtracks than others though.

At Spa they're f**king bullshit. They're not even consistent corner to corner - makes a complete mockery of the SR system. I saw in the forum someone did an average CPI by series, would be interesting to see an average CPI by track!

iRacing - chapter III
(1141 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG