The online racing simulator
iRacing - chapter III
(1141 posts, started )
The car highlights everything wrong with iRacing physics. I'll be honest it's not as bad as I first thought but it's still absolute shite.

rF2's historic f1 cars feel much more like they are driving on rubber and not plastic.

You get sideways and if you don't get teh car straight within a second or to the outside rear decides to die on you.

I don't know how people can put up with that shit and not ask questions or seemingly give a damn.

Really annoys me that people will happily settle for lacklustre physics considering the price of it all.

1.19.5 and it feels like junk. The car feels like it has too much power. Lap record at Mosport was like a 1.22 or something.

BTW Jack if you watch 60's pre-wings they actually look alot more planted than you'd think, but then again, they are using RUBBER tyres and not chocolate ones.
Quote from BlueFlame :1.19.5 and it feels like junk. The car feels like it has too much power. Lap record at Mosport was like a 1.22 or something.

Lap record was a 1:22 in 1967 correct, but it was done in the wet. Rain both days.
Quote from JackDaMaster :Lap record was a 1:22 in 1967 correct, but it was done in the wet. Rain both days.

Seems like the harder you push the better it gets in this thing, which is completely backwards, as it doesn't have any wings :S
Quote from JackDaMaster :Lap record was a 1:22 in 1967 correct, but it was done in the wet. Rain both days.

The track wasn't always wet. The 1:22 was a dry lap.
But todays track is much wider. Most series gained about 4 seconds running on the wider track.
I'm enjoying the Lotus alot.

And not to mention Long Beach. Tech track or not, after a couple laps banging around in the Vette right on someone bumper, I totally forget about the missing scenery. Long Beach is alot of fun.
Quote from jrd.racer :I'm enjoying the Lotus alot.

Actually me too, seems like they got Huttu to help with the Lotus, which basically means you have to drive it like a GH2 GPL set.
Help? He's just an alpha/beta tester. They don't 'ask' for the tester's help with the cars, trust me.
God Kaermer knows best. AM I RITE?
Give it a rest you muppet.
It's a blast at Montreal. Really enjoying that track with every thing I've tried so far.
i had a go at spa..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJMJQsKoMKM

seems like there should be more grip tbh, really does feel like im driving on rock hard gone off tyres, although the longer i stay out the better they feel.. still shite tho.
Give it a shot at Montreal. It is very hairy at Spa.
Well I'm having fun in the L49. But, it's great when you jump back into the L79 after a session in the 49 ass you feel godlike driver in comparison, the L79 is basically far superior in my opinion.

The L49 is a beast to take out on Sunday drives only for me. With H-shifter with heel and toe It's the first car that I'm faster in than using no clutch on some of iRacings more crap transmission models. Still you don't need to clutch on up-shift which is a bit disappointing. Also the rear view mirrors...what's the point where they are positioned? Need smoke from the tyres also.

Had a couple of shots at Montreal in the Radical. The out of car sounds in the Radical are very much improved. Montreal will take some getting used to for me I think, but seems decent enough.

Not got around to playing around with the weather but have heard decent reports on very different lap times depending in the weather type. So this is a t least a start to dynamic weather.
Has anyone else tried the 49 at Watkins Glen yet?
I had a practise session at oulton park in 75% fog..

Holy **** nuggets it was hard! Lol
Quote from AlienT. :Still you don't need to clutch on up-shift which is a bit disappointing.

Why? They could not to use and usually haven't been using clutch in real life when they wanted to change the gears fast.
Quote from R3DMAN :I had a practise session at oulton park in 75% fog..

Holy **** nuggets it was hard! Lol

What sort of effect does the fog have on frame rate?
Quote from Rappa Z :Has anyone else tried the 49 at Watkins Glen yet?

Yup, I hosted a session yesterday. It's sublime, a great combo....but then again, the 49 is sublime everywhere I've driven it

Quote from Rappa Z :What sort of effect does the fog have on frame rate?

Made no difference to my fps on the couple of occasions i've driven in it.
The fog is silly, makes no difference to track conditions at all. Well probably can't feel it anyway because of iRacings derpstone tyres. At least when its foggy the grass behaves realistically.
Lol.

Going to do a 1hour race at oulton park with 100% fog, cars to pick from are the skippy, star mazda, L49 and L79..

Ive chosen the L49, i can see this ending in disaster! Lol
Quote from Rappa Z :What sort of effect does the fog have on frame rate?

If anything it would increase your frame rate, as there would be less things to draw on your screen.

Ran Corvette at Spa with like 25% fog. Was quite nice.
Quote from BlueFlame :The fog is silly , makes no difference to track conditions at all. Well probably can't feel it anyway because of iRacings derpstone tyres. At least when its foggy the grass behaves realistically.

Can't feel it? What you want? The fog jumps out of screen and bites your nose? How does fog feel in real life? Or do you talk about feeling?
"Oh your a shitty wannabe cloud Fog, **** off!" *Fog gets depressed*.

I am curious, how does fog feels?
Quote from The Very End :Can't feel it? What you want? The fog jumps out of screen and bites your nose? How does fog feel in real life? Or do you talk about feeling?
"Oh your a shitty wannabe cloud Fog, **** off!" *Fog gets depressed*.

I am curious, how does fog feels?

Quote from R3DMAN :Lol.

Going to do a 1hour race at oulton park with 100% fog, cars to pick from are the skippy, star mazda, L49 and L79..

Ive chosen the L49, i can see this ending in disaster! Lol

That race is being streamed

http://pitlanes.com/teamview.php

iRacing - chapter III
(1141 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG