The online racing simulator
Chaps, is the update anything to shout about, not downloaded yet, as just got home.

Fordie
It's not, so far.. didn't give it very much testing though.
-
(Wenom) DELETED by Wenom
Why I can't see any custom apps like RSR livetiming?
" In-game apps must now be enabled in the game's launcher under Options > General"
:ices_rofl Just download and got a funky intro....it made me put some 1970's outfit on, with big hair....the music, it just reminded me of 1970's crime fighting....here look

Fast forward to 1m 40secs PMSL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrGBrV8fRZg

Fordie
Quote from DejaVu :" In-game apps must now be enabled in the game's launcher under Options > General"

Cool, that list was getting unmanageable.
Nevermind some causing slowdowns as well.
i hate mercs but this drives amazing. tons of fun. it does not like bumpy tracks tho
Right...being realistic here and would like all your opinion.....is AC a "racing simulator" or now a posh blonde women's shopping simulator? This is a car I would associate with a lady, that is married to somebody with loads of money, and doing a shop at Marks and Spencer's. Ok I know this is the pace car for a lot of series, but do we want to race at pace car speed?

This car, I would more associate with the game Test Drive, driving around, wind in your hair, catching some rays....not sweating your ass off, trying to beat the next lap record...call me cynical but this is seriously a women's car driven at the speed limit and has shopping bags in the boot....if it has a boot.

Personally, I am getting the feeling that AC is loosing it's grip in where it wants to go and in what direction. To me, the void is being left to the modders, the people that don't get paid to excite everybody else with "real" racing cars.

I am actually not degrading the RWD...for a change, I am giving this a fair chance, but just given you all, my honest opinion.

Fordie
racing simulator...

racing is just racing to finish first.. it doesnt matter what cars you use.. lawnmowers, shopping trollies, etc..
Quote from R3DMAN :racing simulator...

racing is just racing to finish first.. it doesnt matter what cars you use.. lawnmowers, shopping trollies, etc..

Including a stop off at a Tesco's Express on the way then

Assetto Corsa. your one stop shop for everthing you need.....HA HA

Fordie
Given the cars you listed as suggestions for fwd cars to include, I think you're asking for it by calling the sls a woman's car.

Although I suppose you've deleted all those suggestions because they're all slower than "pace car speed"

It's a road car, a GT, not sure what else you'd expect, or why it's a bad choice for the game.
Quote from e2mustang :i hate mercs but this drives amazing. tons of fun. it does not like bumpy tracks tho

Must say i have to agree. been struggling to get a feel with AC for a while now, but this car (probably due to tyre and ffb tweaks in the patch) feels much more natural to drive.
Apart from the slightly weak sound, the car feels great and is a joy to drive/drift.
Quote from sinbad :Given the cars you listed as suggestions for fwd cars to include, I think you're asking for it by calling the sls a woman's car.

Although I suppose you've deleted all those suggestions because they're all slower than "pace car speed"

It's a road car, a GT, not sure what else you'd expect, or why it's a bad choice for the game.

Sin...I love your opinion and always respect you, but did you read my post....properly? I am not flaming the car, just where does it fit in AC. My examples is from only what I see in real life...trust me, there is a few Merc's around here with, no offence, women drivers that have just come out of having their hair and nails done and loaded with shopping bags. I am not saying the car handles badly, I wouldn't know, don't own one, so was just asking where does this sit with AC, a racing Sim or drive around looking posh sim, that's all.

Jeez, I get flamed for saying a car is shit, I get flamed for saying nothing about a car....I also get flamed for even mentioning anything that might even be contractive or asking opinions. I give up

Fordie
Quote from robt :Must say i have to agree. been struggling to get a feel with AC for a while now, but this car (probably due to tyre and ffb tweaks in the patch) feels much more natural to drive.

Same feeling. I haven't liked FFB in this game but that SLS have best feeling of all cars imo. Feels closest to LFS FFB.
indeed, I get quite a nice feeling when driving this car (no ffb ). Very natural (the opposite of the 458 ) and pleasant. The mighty engine is quite smooth and the rear wheels are not spinning frenzy too easily which is good
The cockpit view display the D all the time (gearbox), while we are not using it in automatic mode btw
-
(Wenom) DELETED by Wenom
Quote from Fordman : where does this sit with AC, a racing Sim or drive around looking posh sim, that's all.

It's still a sports car. It's not like it's a ****ing Mercedes SUV or some other trophy wife vehicle. Of all the cars to get annoyed over AC adding, a SLS is not one of those.
Yeah, the SLS is definitely a proper sports car, not a wifey toy. I kind of understand, Fordman, why you might think that though if you don't know much about the car - it really is quite a beast. Faster around Laguna than the 10cyl viper by quite a bit, even though it's 400lbs heavier (because it's engineered properly unlike that silly Dodge)

Funny enough, I have some friends looking at Mercedes vehicles so I had the chance to have a look at the SLS AMG in the showroom just this week, and talked to the sales guy about it quite a bit. For a change, he actually knew a lot about the car, how it's built etc, was quite interesting. Too bad it was rather out of my budget at $225,000CAD

Supposedly they're not going to make them much longer. Which apparently could've netted me 100k if I would buy one now and sell it next year when it's not available! (yeah, let me get my wallet...:really
Quote from CardsetCrazy :Same feeling. I haven't liked FFB in this game but that SLS have best feeling of all cars imo. Feels closest to LFS FFB.

Try some other cars, too. They actually changed the entire set of tire models & FFB interactions I think, and things are pretty great all around now. Did a 20 lap race in the 312t @ Imola and felt right at home swinging the ass end around and pounding over curbs even with all of Imola's tricky sections.
Quote from Wenom :I honestly think that the variety will make a difference even if one does not like 4WD, AWD, FWD or RWD in particular. It is always refreshing to see different kinds of cars in a racing simulator.

This.
Variety is the spice of life, and driving almost anything at the limit can be fun.
New FFB feels awesome to me.
Because feel is well... feel.

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG