The online racing simulator
Formula 1 Season 2014
(1760 posts, closed, started )
Consider the source, guys. Wouldn't be surprised if Hamilton heard what he wanted to hear.
Sounds like Nico decided to not avoid the contact, rather than hitting him on purpose. When you consider the amount of times Nico has had to avoid Lewis this year, because Lewis style is Senna, I think he's had enough, just like Prost. Eventually people do snap.

Fun times.
Alonso, here is your chance.
Quote :Nico felt he needed to hold his line. He needed to make a point, and for Lewis, it was clearly not him who needed to be aware of Nico," said Wolff.

"[Rosberg] didn't give in. He thought it was for Lewis to leave him space, and that Lewis didn't leave him space.

"So they agreed to disagree in a very heated discussion amongst ourselves, but it wasn't deliberately crashing. That is nonsense."

http://www.autosport.com/news/ ... it&utm_medium=twitter
I dont know what to believe anymore...

I don't know what Nico thought... Lewis in the leader car chose his line and indicated he wouldn't leave him space, yet Nico kept his nose there. That was just stupid.
Nico looks second rate during virtually every wheel to wheel fight.
Ricciardo WC 2014! \o/
Quote from sinbad :Nico looks second rate during virtually every wheel to wheel fight.

This. To "prove a point"? Point that you're stupid and don't know the racing rules..
Good for Nico, IMO.
Very close Redbull battle.

Quote from przemek21061995 :

Well I'm glad ross is not commanding merc this season. If he was we would have stupid team orders in every race. Probably rosberg having to let lewis past at every opportunity just because ross had decided in february that lewis will get the top spot. I think it is great that merc are allowing the cars to race. Of course there is a chance for the car to hit each other with dire consequences but until spa it has been really good imho. As a spectator it has been nothing short of amazing. And it is possible to manage the hell out of the drivers but you still get them crashing (vettel/webber) occasionally so it is not like stuff like this wouldn't happen if the merc would instantly get on the radio when the cars are within half of lap from each other and tell them who goes first...

As for the incident it was clearly rosberg's fault. I'm not so sure if it was worth any penalty. It is really difficult call imho. It was very clumsy of rosberg and he basically lost his chance to pass and to go outside when he overshot the corner entry. Hamilton could have played it smart and let rosberg have his line as lewis would have the inside line into the next corners anyways. One could also argue that rosberg took some damage from the incident as well so he did not escape without any penalty.

And it was nice to see kimi doing well. Tough luck for lotterer. But when you drive a turd you get a turd experience.
Bitter all out war - just like the 80s, except the drivers don't have quite the gravitas of Prost, Senna, Mansell, Piquet. In fact, they're increasingly like a couple of kids arguing in the playground.

As with the old internecine battles, nothing is resolved until one moves on. If Rosberg isn't punished by the team to Hamilton's satisfaction then I can see him moving. Isn't his contract up this year?
Quote from Töki (HUN) :

I don't know what Nico thought... Lewis in the leader car chose his line and indicated he wouldn't leave him space, yet Nico kept his nose there. That was just stupid.

This

Quote from DeadWolfBones :Great race. I think this is my favorite F1 season in years.

And this ^

I'd forgotten that F1 was back because of IndyCar excitement . I regret missing the race this morning.
Quote from Storm_Cloud :Bitter all out war - just like the 80s, except the drivers don't have quite the gravitas of Prost, Senna, Mansell, Piquet. In fact, they're increasingly like a couple of kids arguing in the playground.

How so? I don't really see rosberg doing anything more than racing. Hamilton on the other hand seems to really like to use the press for trying to wind nico up but seems to be only getting himself winded up. If there is a whining and crying schoolkid in this fight it is lewis. I don't see nico making stories how he is hungrier or didn't have rich daddy or is in F1 based on merit while the other guy "would get into F1 no matter what"...

Quote from Storm_Cloud :As with the old internecine battles, nothing is resolved until one moves on. If Rosberg isn't punished by the team to Hamilton's satisfaction then I can see him moving. Isn't his contract up this year?

Well it should go both ways. Lewis first needs to stop squeezing rosberg off the road all the time and maybe then it is fair to say to rosberg to not go for a gap that isn't there. Because so far even if there has been a gap lewis has driven like it was only rosberg's responsibility to avoid contact.
It is the responsibility of the overtaking driver to be aware of the likely moves of the car in front and only move when there is a space to move into. It was obvious that lewis would take the correct corner line and frankly nico took the chance on his wing being able to last the distance as has happened previously in front wing to tyre impacts. Just like the idiot marusia drive at Monaco only he got away with it for some daft reason. Ramming someone out of the way is hardly a safe style of racing and it should be stamped out quickly. Defending a line is an accepted part of driving a race car and the car in front could hardly be made to vanish on the want of a would be overtaking driver. If nico had waited for a few corners he would likely have got past safely anyway. It reminded me of vettel on webber a few years ago, vettel whined about nearly taking out both of his teams cars being the responsibility of webber but webber was still ahead and committed to his racing line when vettel turned across him and caused the accident.
To be honest, there have been too many of these types of incident in Lewis career. His mentality is to leave it up to the other driver to avoid the crash, and in this instance Nico decided... "you know what, I've done this in Bahrain and Hungary, I'm just going to stand up to him" and we see the result.

I'm actually glad, and find it quite funny that the British Media is running stories about the FIA punishing Nico, it just shows how pathetic the media is in this country.
Some of you guys are idiots. lol The move was never on in a million years. 9 times out of 10 drivers go to the escape road when they know the move isn't on there. or they don't attempt it in the first place. Rosberg just can't race for shit. got lucky, probably win title because of it. fair enough, that's f1
Quote from Hyperactive :How so? I don't really see rosberg doing anything more than racing.

We only tend to see what we want to.
Quote from Intrepid :Some of you guys are idiots. lol The move was never on in a million years. 9 times out of 10 drivers go to the escape road when they know the move isn't on there. or they don't attempt it in the first place.

Exactly. He has probably heard and read so much this season about how Lewis has the advantage when it comes to racing for position, and he has seen the red mist.

Lewis might be the one perceived to be "whining", but Nico is just so transparent. I think he's scared of Lewis, and probably has been since Bahrain. I don't mean on the track, I mean scared that Lewis is just better than he is. I think we're seeing the desperation of a man with an inferiority complex.
... but it's working for Rosberg at the moment. All the games and cheats he's playing are working in his favour. The championship is all but his bar something weird at the last double points race.

There's nothing Mercedes can do about it no matter how outraged they are.
It sounds like, despite what Rosberg said in the media, that he was still fuming about Hungary.

I don't really care for either of them, so looking with a degree of neutrality. Both have mental weaknesses which means this is going to carry on for the rest of this season and then on until one of them leaves, or Mercedes come up with a pup of car - no one would care if they're fighting for 10th and 11th.

We really should be talking about Ricciardo though. It's time for team orders at Red Bull - give Dan the new front wing this time Christian!
This thread is closed

Formula 1 Season 2014
(1760 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG