The online racing simulator
Formula 1 Season 2014
(1760 posts, closed, started )
JEV keeps his ride?
Quote from Bmxtwins :JEV keeps his ride?

No, the Red Bull junior squad has about 32 drivers waiting to take his seat.
Honestly JEV has proven he deserves a better car. Maybe not the rbr, but I think they're being hasty promoting kvyat when he has under performed to JEV.
Quote from Bmxtwins :Honestly JEV has proven he deserves a better car. Maybe not the rbr, but I think they're being hasty promoting kvyat when he has under performed to JEV.

Well, it looks like Red Bull disagree with you and, unless he can find some money somewhere, he won't get a better car than the STR for next season (if he remains in F1). He hasn't done anything spectacular this year (even taking into account the car, of course), and outperforming a rookie team mate isn't a particularly impressive display of his skills, especially because it's not as though JEV has blown Kvyat's doors off...
What a dream team Kimi and Vettel is gonna be...
Kvyat in the no.2 seat getting the seat warm for Mr. Max Verstappen!

Experienced drivers need commitment, not as easy using and chewing up a world class driver compared to a new guy. Surely Verstappen is locked in for 2016 as long as he does reasonably well.
So if i understand correctly:

Alonso to Mclaren Honda,
Vettel with Ferrari,
Kvyat to RedBull,

Than i assume Carlos Sainz gets the Torro Rosso drive? Imo he deserves it. Kinda shocked how little credit RedBull drivers have. 4 World titles don't outway a single disappointing season? Anyway with Kvyat they have a great replacement i'm sure. Would not be surprised if he could make it harder for Ricciardo next season, compared with how Vettel has done this season.
Although everyone at RedBull is trying to make it look like, I just cannot believe Vettel made this decision on his own, or at least without any action from RedBull.
And if Vettel really moves to Ferrari I wonder about his expectations. No way he will be more succesfull than Alonso there.
Well, Vettel couldn't stand the new guy kicking his ass so he decided to move on, expecting it won't happen with Kimi. RB was only good until they gave him a champ winner car... It's now pretty obvious that Alo will sign to McLaren, which would be a brave choice, but I would've pulled it too, due to Ferrari being a complete joke in the last few years. He had to make a step. Still, don't expect McLaren-Honda to be on the top in the first 1-2 years.

About Vettel going to Ferrari, I'm not sure why. Only for the fact that he could say he drove for Ferrari in F1? Because I'm sure it's not for their performance. If they couldn't make miracles with Alo, having a Vettel wouldn't be any better. Though I would laugh my ass off if some miracle happened and Ferrari built a race winning car next year, that's for sure. But knowing how they fail and basically everything I pretty much doubt that.
Well I don't see anything special with vettel leaving rbr if rbr can't give him a winning car. It is not like teams are too shamed about dropping under performing drivers either. From drivers pov the stupidest thing to do is to stay in non-winning car because of some kind of personal commitment if you have better offers. But moving to ferrari from rbr seems like really odd move. But who knows. How many people did think hamilton moving to merc was a good move at the time?

Wonder who will drive the 2nd toro rosso car next season.. Also can't help but feel sad for bianchi. Stuck in that red turd in the back of the grid with almost no room to show any kind of skill. If ferrari won't move him to at least to sauber next season then his career is done imho.
Quote from Hyperactive :
Wonder who will drive the 2nd toro rosso car next season.. Also can't help but feel sad for bianchi. Stuck in that red turd in the back of the grid with almost no room to show any kind of skill. If ferrari won't move him to at least to sauber next season then his career is done imho.

Pierre Gasly, Carlos Sainz Jr. or Alex Lynn. Take your pick.
Quote from Hyperactive :Well I don't see anything special with vettel leaving rbr if rbr can't give him a winning car. It is not like teams are too shamed about dropping under performing drivers either. From drivers pov the stupidest thing to do is to stay in non-winning car because of some kind of personal commitment if you have better offers.

Depends how you're thinking. I find it respectable to stay with the team even in the worst times and work together to try getting back to the top. Just like Schumi did. Look back what they've done with Todt and Brawn. I guess that's what Alonso really wanted to achieve, but all this mess at Ferrari didn't help (incompetent team leadership, wind tunnel fail, etc). Now you just say it was a waste of time to wait that much. That's right.

On the other hand, of course if you have no other goals but WDC only, then team hopping is the only solution.

Quote from Lotesdelere :Sebastian Vettel says his decision to leave Red Bull has not been influenced by the performance of Daniel Ricciardo:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/29489505

Yeah sure.
Quote from Töki (HUN) :
Quote from Hyperactive :Well I don't see anything special with vettel leaving rbr if rbr can't give him a winning car. It is not like teams are too shamed about dropping under performing drivers either. From drivers pov the stupidest thing to do is to stay in non-winning car because of some kind of personal commitment if you have better offers.

Depends how you're thinking. I find it respectable to stay with the team even in the worst times and work together to try getting back to the top. Just like Schumi did. Look back what they've done with Todt and Brawn. I guess that's what Alonso really wanted to achieve, but all this mess at Ferrari didn't help (incompetent team leadership, wind tunnel fail, etc). Now you just say it was a waste of time to wait that much. That's right.

On the other hand, of course if you have no other goals but WDC only, then team hopping is the only solution.

Respectable? There is no team in f1 that will pay that respect back. Team has a bad year then the team will just get on with it. Driver has bad year and he is lucky to have a seat next year.

What schumi did was to go to ferrari with the aim to build it into champion. And he did not do anything alone. There were a lot of other people involved. Driver can not design a fast car, a driver can not hire the best people or restructure the team. There is absolutely no reason why a driver should not always try to be in the best car. Not doing so is nothing else than detrimental to his own career.

And what other goals should driver have than to win wdc?
Quote from Hyperactive :Respectable? There is no team in f1 that will pay that respect back. Team has a bad year then the team will just get on with it. Driver has bad year and he is lucky to have a seat next year.

What schumi did was to go to ferrari with the aim to build it into champion. And he did not do anything alone. There were a lot of other people involved. Driver can not design a fast car, a driver can not hire the best people or restructure the team. There is absolutely no reason why a driver should not always try to be in the best car. Not doing so is nothing else than detrimental to his own career.
And what other goals should driver have than to win wdc?

As I said, depends. That's just my weird (just call it stupid) way of thinking but you have some fair points. I know F1 is not that "true team player" based, but rather cruel, surrounded by dirty politics and money. Can't think of anything else why Alo stayed for that long, seeing Ferrari was so messed up. Maybe he had the motivation to do something like Schumi did. At least that's how I see it. Otherwise why would you stay in a team that's suffering that badly? I doubt it was all about the money.

Again, I think Schumi had a huge role in kicking Ferrari up there. He had more knowledge than anyone else on the grid. True, we can't ignore Brawn's brilliant strategies and probably the team structure was good too. On the other hand, look at the Vettel - RB case. He got a dominating car right at the first time, which proved you don't need an alien driver to have a killer car. Only a Newey.

On that WDC quote... I should've explained it better. Of course everyone wants to be WDC but stop dreaming, a Chilton, Ericcson, Maldo, Perez etc will never ever be champions. They're just there, earning money and enjoying the show.
Red Bull should shove Vettel's arse in the Torro Rosso...

What Happend Adrian Sutil?!
Quote from GT4_PL :

What Happend Adrian Sutil?!

That's Sutil standing with his hands on his hips.
Bianchi crashed to that tracktor when it was moving sutil's car. Finnish TV said that he is seriously injured
I'm not too comfortable with this..
This thread is closed

Formula 1 Season 2014
(1760 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG