The online racing simulator
LFSLazy
(1573 posts, started )
I didn't put a link to radar version in first post as I still consider it as beta. I want to make sure there are no any kind of issues with it (other then d3d9). Version in first post doesn't have any trace of radar, nor it requires d3d9.
The new version of radar, without dll, makes my LFS freeze..
Which OS are you running?
Freeze? That means picture is standing still (no black screen for example) ?
Did LFS still play sound?
Are you sure there werent any MessageBox with the error message?
Quote from DANIEL-CRO :Which OS are you running?
Freeze? That means picture is standing still (no black screen for example) ?
Did LFS still play sound?
Are you sure there werent any MessageBox with the error message?

It just freezes when I try the .exe with the car radar included, lfs doesnt play sound, no error messages, just a freeze on the menu where you can choose what you want to do.

Windows 8.1
wow thx ))) pozdrav prijatelju
Quick update to support 0.6F3 patch.

Here is the new version:
[old version, link removed]
Premium stats optimisation - use premium only if last request was less than 5s ago
Program would stop if enter "%" to chat input - thanks Flame
Encounters - some internal fixes

Radar version, BETA:
[old version, link removed]
Don't render radar in LFS options screen
More checks

Quote from dogie213 :It just freezes when I try the .exe with the car radar included, lfs doesnt play sound, no error messages, just a freeze on the menu where you can choose what you want to do.

Windows 8.1

I added you to buddy list so we can look a bit further at problem, but still didn't see you online (probably I'm the problem :tilt
I wanted to try this, but i couldn't figure out, how to run it as a client, it still demands the admin pw. Is this server side app only?
Quote from Kid222 :I wanted to try this, but i couldn't figure out, how to run it as a client, it still demands the admin pw. Is this server side app only?

Open the game, and in the menu to create a server check (or delete) what admin password have you put in there.
Quote from dogie213 :It just freezes when I try the .exe with the car radar included, lfs doesnt play sound, no error messages, just a freeze on the menu where you can choose what you want to do.
Windows 8.1

The same for me. Also Windows 8.1(64-bit). It just happens when open lfs.exe with full screen start. Just need to open cfg.txt in lfs folder and edit "Start Windowed" from 0 to 1, start the game in window and then shift+F4 to full screen and everything is fine. And shift+F4 to windowed mode before closing lfs so no need to edit cfg every time before start
Quote from Whiskey :Open the game, and in the menu to create a server check (or delete) what admin password have you put in there.

Ok, deleting the admin pass did the work, but now it's crashing all the time.
Thanks a LOT

Driving with radar since my last post here and it helps me a lot in those tricky situations where i don't know to leave space for the car besides me or to get back on ideal line if theres space. Just a quick glance and I can make the correct decision now!

Could I ask for a small feature request? Just the option to delete the stored PB from Lazy. I made crazy PB with draft and overwritten my old 'legit' PB and now the split predictor and that stuff is waaaay off
Not sure about the best way to do it. Maybe to have some stored PB alphabetical list with highlighted PB listed on top of that list, with a DEL button next to it? Or you can think of something better, simpler. Anyways, it's not that big of a deal for me. You decide if it's worth the trouble
Quote from SpliTF1 :The same for me. Also Windows 8.1(64-bit). It just happens when open lfs.exe with full screen start. Just need to open cfg.txt in lfs folder and edit "Start Windowed" from 0 to 1, start the game in window and then shift+F4 to full screen and everything is fine. And shift+F4 to windowed mode before closing lfs so no need to edit cfg every time before start

Thank you, I was able to reproduce that on Windows 7.
Problem wasn't that LFS programmatically hanged, it still run, but it didn't received input, because LFSLazy tried to bring its window to foreground. LFSLazy will now check if LFS is running in full screen and start silently in system tray in that case.
Quote from Kid222 :Ok, deleting the admin pass did the work, but now it's crashing all the time.

After further investigation we found the issue. Kid had wrong IP bound to his Pubstats key. That case wasn't handled so it lead to unexpected behaviour. Fixed now. Kid thanks for help
Quote from Nilex :
Could I ask for a small feature request? Just the option to delete the stored PB from Lazy.

If you are talking about time in gadgets SPEED DIFF, TIME DIFF and SPLIT PREDICT, its possible to delete them. Go to LFSLazy folder besides your LFSLazy.exe, then open folder Path and delete desired PBs. Name format is CAR_TRACK_ENGINERESTRICTIONS_ADDEDMASS.pda
Best would be to simply close LFSLazy before deleting files there.

If you are talking about split comparison gadgets, then thing is a bit more complex because all data is stored in single file
me think this gut
Update for 0.6F6 please - thank you ;-)
Hi Pascal,
last few days I was doing some bigger internal changes and that is the reason why I didn't update version here on forum. Guess some more testing would be good now. Some nice features have been added and soon we might remove beta from radar I will not put this version to first post as its only for testing.

Changes:
Radar - Draw while paused
Radar - Simple local physics for smoother radar (1000Hz)
Auto Update
Show LFSLazy window when click popup with chat message
Setup export
Radar did not work with d3d9.dll in LFS folder
Encounters List - Show playername, Time added
LFS and LFSLazy version to Options in LFS
Updater - Improved interface
Updater - Release notes

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/hrrx1txctwaqhxw/LFSLazy.exe
Quote from DANIEL-CRO :Hi Pascal,
last few days I was doing some bigger internal changes and that is the reason why I didn't update version here on forum. Guess some more testing would be good now. Some nice features have been added and soon we might remove beta from radar I will not put this version to first post as its only for testing.

Great - thanks

You develop really cool stuff! Thank you
Today I'm trying the latest version (in your last post), but the car radar does not work (can't see the car on screen). All other gadgets works fine. The options is active of course.

Any idea, why I can't see it? Is it possible that the radar is out of my view? How I can reset the position of the radar? I can't find any related entry in the LFSLazy.config.txt.

LFS: 0.6F3
LFSLazy: Build 6 (Aug 15 2014)
Did you try some earlier version when it did work?
Did it stop working after the update or just randomly?

You said that "Car Radar" is checked in list. Can you see text "LFSLazy Overlay" in upper left corner of LFS? Or is there some other text?

I don't believe that Radar can go out of your screen, because its position is always relative to size of LFS window/resolution.
Anyway these lines in config affect position of your radar:
RadarX=100
RadarY=100
Value of 100 should make your radar appear in center of screen.
Thanks for your support

Very strange - Now it works again. Yesterday I have restarted LFS/Lazy some times - no effect. Today I have tried again, and it works. Foolishly I have reset the RadarY to 100 before trying again without changes. So I'm not sure, if it works again, because I have changed the value or not.

A team mate do have the same problem. I ask him, if the radar works now without changes.
Would be nice to see this implemented in LFS by default too
I'm sorry but I have still problems with the radar.

Today a friend was trying LFS at my home. In single player mode it was working fine. After some hours (now) I started LFS again... but radar won't work.

Now I do not receive a mesage like "LFSLazy Overlay". Some hours before I have seen this message after start/connect of LFSLazy.

Currently I'm using the latest build (8).
Quote from bogdani.cojocaru :Would be nice to see this implemented in LFS by default too

Quote from Pasci :I'm sorry but I have still problems with the radar.

Today a friend was trying LFS at my home. In single player mode it was working fine. After some hours (now) I started LFS again... but radar won't work.

Now I do not receive a mesage like "LFSLazy Overlay". Some hours before I have seen this message after start/connect of LFSLazy.

Currently I'm using the latest build (8).

Do you maybe use some other software like FRAPS or recording, maybe that somehow interfere with radar.
Right now in case of some errors user is not notified, I will try to do that in few days.

Anyway, now I've put that latest version with auto updater to first post. There are some nice changes, hope you will like it

Changes
BUILD 8 (Aug 23 2014 11:21:20)
Added icons to UI menu
Autostart - removed check everytime on startup, now option to install and remove
Setup Import - now there is no need to have " " or "_" after track name
UI Chat Log - some char sequences weren't shown properly
Chat Input - non-ascii chars now converted to LFS code page (if supported by LFS)
UI -> Encounters - escape chars were ignored
Support for 0.6F8

BUILD 7 (Aug 19 2014 23:02:05)
Support for 0.6F7
Radar - bit better sync in physics
Chat History in UI - didn't scroll to latest line while minimzed
Gadgets Edit - clicking default now reset position of menu, split info and radar as well

BUILD 6 (Aug 15 2014 00:03:45)
Option to check for update on start, default yes
Some checks and fixes to updater

BUILD 5 (Aug 14 2014 01:22:22)
Encounters List - Some buddies weren't highlighted
Radar - overlay loads when first time turn on radar, default off

BUILD 4 (Aug 12 2014 23:43:06)
Support for 0.6F6

BUILD 3 (Aug 12 2014 21:41:58)
Encounters List - Show playername
LFS and LFSLazy version to Options in LFS
Updater - Improved interface
Updater - Release notes

BUILD 2 (Aug 11 2014 23:20:54)
Encounters List - Average wrong if no users
Radar - Draw while paused
Radar - Simple local physics for smoother radar (1000Hz)
Auto Update
Show LFSLazy window when click popup with chat message
Setup export
Radar did not work with d3d9.dll in LFS folder

Quote from DANIEL-CRO :

Do you maybe use some other software like FRAPS or recording, maybe that somehow interfere with radar.

Hm... good hint! I have found the reason. It's not Fraps (not running). It's the user list of mumble which is also a overlay! :-(

Could this by fixed/solved from your side or I have now only the choice to see LFSLazy radar OR the mumble user list?
I already explained to Pasci via PM that there is a safety check in LFSLazy that will not load overlay in case there already is one. Thing is that there is no direct way to make an overlay, so every developer does it his way, undocumented one. I could simply remove it and both overlays will work, however problem is when you unload overlay. User should close programs (unload overlays) in reverse way than they were loaded... otherwise bad thing can happen, from simply that both overlays dissapear, to LFS crash. That isn't just LFSLazy's problem, I've just tried other programs, for example Bandicam + FRAPS and guess what happened, LFS crashed. If anyone else run two overlay program, I would recommend to first run LFSLazy. I succeded to get LFSLazy + FRAPS that way. I will look a bit further into problem when find some time, but I can't guarantee anything.
Quote from DANIEL-CRO :I already explained to Pasci via PM that.

I will try your suggestion this evening and post my feedback here. But I'm sure with your description it will work. Thank you

LFSLazy
(1573 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG