The online racing simulator
What were they smoking, 2.2 gb once unpacked, really?
The S/C alone is 1 GB... most of the AC stock cars are 1/10th that.

Dafuq?
Too complicated to look in the skins folder and figure it out.
It's also thanks to the stupid way AC handles car upgrade "stages" as each stage requires duplicating the entire car folder.

Very wasteful of space.
In some aspects of this game, AC is pre-historic in terms of common sense.

It's like they were too lazy to "think" a new system and they just copied old system from nKP even though, we all know (I hope they too) that it could've been done significantly better.
Quote from Mysho :In some aspects of this game, AC is pre-historic in terms of common sense.

It's like they were too lazy to "think" a new system and they just copied old system from nKP even though, we all know (I hope they too) that it could've been done significantly better.

Kunos and common sense are terms that are not mentioned in the same sentence usually!

I was hoping he would learn of past mistakes in NK but that wasn't the case it seems. This could have been so much more, I doubt it will ever be as good as LFS in terms of usability but I made my peace with that. We still got a simulator capable of looking stunning made by people passionate about simulating the driving aspect of it to the maximum of their abilities. I can live with that, maybe with the occasional swearing at Kunos when I'm frustrated about it.
So I downloaded the cobra and the gp2 car. The gp2 car feels crazy skittish everywhere. To the point of being undrivable unless the track is super smooth.

The cobra. I'm partially impressed and partially disappointed. The physics... feel great at small slip angles. But when it gets sideways it is poor rfactor mods again. It's like past 25-30 degrees there is nothing. Countersteering just makes the car spin faster. Also all the cobras drive like they have traction control. And tons of downforce that makes them achieve something like .3g too much grip when cornering. They all corner like on rails.

Also tried some tracks. Blackwood. Did two attemps. Assetto corsa turned into kerbal space program on two different parts of the track. Did not complete one single lap. Then tried Gp200 track. Apparently this is a track by madcowie that was good in rfactor. I have distant memories of disliking it. The driving surface felt lower poly than mario kart track ported to nkpro. Every turn is a chicane anyways so unless you like fern bay you won't like it anyways. Tried it in the gp2 car so I can be horribly and awkwardly wrong too. I hope I am.

The best car was the ibiza. Having to use 2nd gear while climbing the bathurst uphills was... hard to stay focused.
Is there a mod database/ratings site up yet? I hate the AC mods forums (I hate the forums in general really, it's full of wannabe interviewees for tester roles. Nobody there cares about the important things (to me), they care about gwafix and licenses for cars and think difficult=realistic and AC is already perfection.
Quote from Hyperactive :And tons of downforce that makes them achieve something like .3g too much grip when cornering. They all corner like on rails.

Are we playing the same game?
Quote from sinbad :Is there a mod database/ratings site up yet?

Currently I'm using this one. No idea if it's the best,but there is everything what peeps are talking about here.
Cobra is simply amazing.. tried only the standard version with street tires.
My favorite is the s/c 4speed
with vintage racing tires if going for laptime
with street tires for some sideways action
Anyone in for some Cobra racing?

Server: LFS at AC

TRACK=mugello;blackwood;imola;gentrack1;silverstone;newbury_2006;nurburgring;prato_long;indigp
Quote from troy :Anyone in for some Cobra racing?

Server: LFS at AC

TRACK=mugello;blackwood;imola;gentrack1;silverstone;newbury_2006;nurburgring;prato_long;indigp

Oh just rub it in Troy...bloody working away again, but will return Friday Night

Fordie
Let's do some racing today? Maybe we can get little more people if we have little more warning

What track is indigp?

Here are links for those other tracks:
blackwood: http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/blackwood.2639/
gentrack: http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/gentrack1.2541/
newbury: http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/newbury.2576/ (this comes with newbury 2006 as well)
prato: http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/prato.2525/

And the cars:
cobra: http://www.racedepartment.com/ ... ds/shelby-cobra-427.2710/
shame it is not the new indycar circuit
I want to race sooo baadlllyyyy

My GPU is out for repair though so can't do sheit :l
right so i put in th gtx 760 and i dont rly see any graphical improvement. i have put everything to max and i can play at least,couldnt with 560 ti. any settings recommended?
I still think it drives like crap. It is gtr2 all over again. Too much grip on low slip angles, impossible to spin on power and once it goes countersteering makes it only spin faster. If you can keep it on the pre-programmed low slip angle it is super easy to drive but once it goes you might just as well get up and go crab a burrito while waiting for the car to stop spinning around.
Quote from Hyperactive :I still think it drives like crap. It is gtr2 all over again. Too much grip on low slip angles, impossible to spin on power and once it goes countersteering makes it only spin faster. If you can keep it on the pre-programmed low slip angle it is super easy to drive but once it goes you might just as well get up and go crab a burrito while waiting for the car to stop spinning around.

then don't drive it
Quote from Hyperactive :I still think it drives like crap. It is gtr2 all over again. Too much grip on low slip angles, impossible to spin on power and once it goes countersteering makes it only spin faster. If you can keep it on the pre-programmed low slip angle it is super easy to drive but once it goes you might just as well get up and go crab a burrito while waiting for the car to stop spinning around.

Isn't that the case for any car with these type of wheels? At least on dfgt there's no way i can ever drift or anything..the motor is just too slow. So i avoid, and i guess any driver should, to even get to a situation of heavy countersteering. I can never correct it when it pasts certain angle. Don't see how is it different with Cobra..
Do you guys intentionally make it spin out?

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG