The online racing simulator
Oculus Rift Users - please rate LFS at Oculus Share
Dear Rift owners,

This morning, Live for Speed was in the top 5 in the Top Rated list at Oculus Share website: https://share.oculusvr.com/

But now it's dropped to number 6! The reason is quite simple, Oculus are pretty slow to put up new submissions, so LFS only appeared there on 3 July (12 days after we submitted it) and only has 11 ratings so far. It's good to be in the top 5 because then it appears on the front page of Oculus Share.

So if you've tried LFS on the Rift, please go and give LFS a rating at Oculus Share. You can log in with your normal Oculus username and password.
https://share.oculusvr.com/app/live-for-speed-s2

P.S. It wasn't helped by the fact that LFS was previously on Oculus Share, submitted by a user who had nothing to do with us, during the test patch stage. So we've lost all the ratings that were given at that time, and those users probably think they've already rated LFS...
Your wish is our command.
Rated. By far the most polished oculus experience I've come across so far. Five stars, of course.

Also, second place right now... :-D
Thanks
Just waiting to receive my DK2. Will rate it once I get it and it's supported
3rd place unluckily i don't have oculus rift
Done
LFS is 1st, ahead of Senza Peso. Mission accomplished.
For only seeing LFS in top rated makes me want to play LFS immediately, but unfortunately, I can't.

The next updates will be fascinating
A quote from the comments section:
Quote from Meinds :
One of the best Rift games out there! The on screen interface is superb! I wish asset to corsa had such an interface!

I agree, that's also why I like LFS. The interface is so simple yet usable. No distracting animations, it just works
Quote from Brilwing :I find it a bit sarcastic that on https://share.oculusvr.com/app/live-for-speed-s2 the second video is about the VW Scirocco

These are the only 2 videos they've ever made, so there was not much to choose from.

LFS really needs some sort of official trailer.

Would be cool if they could make a short video with commentary whenever there is a new version beeing released, showcasing the new features, improvements and eventually content. Probably won't happen, because of the small team they have to priotorize things and promotion seems to be somewhere at the bottom of the list.
Or they could host a community contest where the best video is used. Something like the t-shirt design contest IIRC?
Quote from Racon :Who needs official? http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=LFS+firemike

I know that there is ALOT of high quality user made videos, but - as you can see at the Oculus Share page - devs refuse to use them.

It's ridiculous that there is not a single video of LFS at lfs.net. Oh well, if you'll dig through the news section you may find the Scirroco video - which is nicely done, but rather depressing to watch, since we are nearly 6 years later and it's still not released.

Screenshots section at lfs.net doesn't look much better. Majority is either outdated or WIP (like WE and ROC screenshots).

I don't know about you, but when I want to find out about a game, first thing I do - I go to the official website and then look for a video - to see what the game actually look like in action. If for some strange reason there is no video on the website I go to youtube and search there.

The problem is, if you search for LFS on youtube you may find a video which is outdated, contains vob mods, is plain bad or perhaps is an instruction on how to crack LFS.
Actually I've just typed "LFS" into youtube's search bar and the first result was a video of Supra vob mod tweaked to 1200hp, followed by even more videos of vob mods and some unusual onboard video... Not the best way to learn about a LFS.

And thats why LFS needs OFFICIAL videos at OFFICIAL website.

Well, at least we have a very good demo version.
So, sorry to be a killjoy but, how many users here actually use Rift ?

If it's only 10 then 5 submissions is ok, maybe you could all get it to 10.

Seriously, how many people actually use this, I'm interested to know.
When I drive LFS, I use the Rift. There's no going back to the flat world of 2D now. I mainly drive alone, for fun, though.
Yeah, I felt too much like a liability with the DK1 resolution for online driving.

Few more weeks...
1) Under link Recommended System Requirements it should really mention "force feedback steering wheel."
That seems obvious to most on this forum but via the oculus-page many people will find about LFS who have maybe never heard of racing-sims and who might be un-aware what it is about.

2) Inspired by new user asking "i cant see the pilot arms and legs" maybe this option should be enabled by default, for VR it seems kinda important.
Quote from Gutholz :1) Under link Recommended System Requirements it should really mention "force feedback steering wheel."
That seems obvious to most on this forum but via the oculus-page many people will find about LFS who have maybe never heard of racing-sims and who might be un-aware what it is about.

Or it could put them even more off. LFS has good mouse steering, which is good enough to get the idea. Its probably safe to assume if someone doesnt understand what "racing simulation" means, he definitely doesnt knwo what a force feedback wheel is.
Quote from JazzOn :Or it could put them even more off. LFS has good mouse steering, which is good enough to get the idea. Its probably safe to assume if someone doesnt understand what "racing simulation" means, he definitely doesnt knwo what a force feedback wheel is.

Well, it's the recommended system requirements and not required, so I have to agree with Gutholz
Voted.

For anyone who hasn't tried LFS with the Rift, do yourself a favour and either:

A) - Find someone who has one and borrow it
B) - Get yourself one of the development kits

You won't regret it. 5 stars.

Oculus Rift Users - please rate LFS at Oculus Share
(204 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG