The online racing simulator
Quote from mbutcher :Voted.

For anyone who hasn't tried LFS with the Rift, do yourself a favour and either:

A) - Find someone who has one and borrow it
B) - Get yourself one of the development kits

You won't regret it. 5 stars.

I would if I could
LFS suddenly went from 27 to 34 votes and dropped to 42th place with 4.2 rating (previously 4.8).
Probably some hater with multiple accounts downvoting. Other games that were in top also decreased significantly. Perhaps some nasty developer trying to bring his software to top that way
Oh god... this world...
What's that saying about nice guys?
Quote from Amynue :LFS suddenly went from 27 to 34 votes and dropped to 42th place with 4.2 rating (previously 4.8).

(27*4.8 + x*7)/34 = 4.2
x=(4.2*34 - 27*4.8)/7 = 1.89
not a so high rating (mean)
/begin rant
So 34 votes, from what I see on the forum that's probably about right.

Yes, IF (very big IF) you can get access to this tech, I'm sure it's awesome ( For today )

“The Matrix has its roots in primitive arcade games,' said the voice-over, 'in early graphics programs and military experimentation with cranial jacks.' On the Sony, a two-dimensional space war faded behind a forest of mathematically generated ferns, demonstrating the spatial possibilities of logarithmic spirals; cold blue military footage burned through, lab animals wired into test systems, helmets feeding into fire control circuits of tanks and war planes. 'Cyberspace. A consensual hallucination experienced daily by billions of legitimate operators, in every nation, by children being taught mathematical concepts... A graphic representation of data abstracted from the banks of every computer in the human system. Unthinkable complexity. Lines of light ranged in the nonspace of the mind, clusters and constellations of data. Like city lights, receding...”
Neuromancer. 1984. William Gibson.

Yes, Occulas, ATM is bleeding edge tech, but like hologram theaters it will be replaced.

In most of our real worlds, 120 Mhz video gives 3D, 1080 is what most people actually use, PHUQ 3D. Lfs still believes that Pentium 4's are cutting edge.
LFS is still processor based with your Graphics card coming in a poor second.
Multicore ?, who really wants that ?

Neuromancer was commissioned by Terry Carr for the second series of Ace Science Fiction Specials, which was intended to exclusively feature debut novels. Given a year to complete the work,[5] Gibson undertook the actual writing out of "blind animal panic" at the obligation to write an entire novel – a feat which he felt he was "four or five years away from".[1] After viewing the first 20 minutes of landmark cyberpunk film Blade Runner (1982), which was released when Gibson had written a third of the novel, he "figured [Neuromancer] was sunk, done for. Everyone would assume I’d copped my visual texture from this astonishingly fine-looking film."[6] He re-wrote the first two-thirds of the book 12 times, feared losing the reader's attention and was convinced that he would be "permanently shamed" following its publication; yet what resulted was seen as a major imaginative leap forward for a first-time novelist.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neuromancer

If you have never read this, ((that I read in 85), If not, why not ??????,) his Sprawl series is essential reading for understanding today(2014)'s tech.
Oh, don't read ?, then watch "Johnny Mnemonic'. Keanu Reeves dudes.......
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_Mnemonic

"Johnny Mnemonic" is a data trafficker who has undergone cybernetic surgery to have a data storage system implanted in his head. The system allows him to store digital data too sensitive to risk transmission on computer networks. To keep the cargo secure, the data is locked by a password known only to the intended recipient. Johnny enters a trance-like state while the data is being transferred or the password is being set, making him unaware of the contents and unable to retrieve it. He makes a modest living in the Sprawl by physically transporting sensitive information for corporations, underworld crime rings or wealthy individuals.

As the story opens, Johnny has arranged to meet with his most recent customer, Ralfi Face, at the Drome bar. Ralfi is overdue to retrieve the hundreds of megabytes of data he has stored in Johnny's head. To add to his troubles, Johnny has learned that Ralfi has placed a contract on him, although the reasons are unclear. Johnny finds Ralfi at his usual table, accompanied by his bodyguard Lewis. Johnny threatens them with a sawed-off shotgun in his bag, but Lewis incapacitates him with a neural disruption device hidden under the table. Ralfi reveals that the data was, unknown to him at the time, stolen from the Yakuza, who are very interested in ensuring it is not revealed."

Just actually read about where tech is going, that's the reason for intelligent sci-fi.

TL;DR: What I'm saying is that while 3D/Occulas Rift is 'awesome' most people are a gen or two behind the bleeding edge, or in LFS terms, still on single core. Please focus on the real world rather than the 'bleeding edge' 'Gee, WOW', tech that most people don't use.
/end rant
Most people don't play racing simulators. Please shut up.
And your point (other than abuse) is ?
Oh, Rift is really now aimed at an immersive Farcebook experience ?

34 people on the Occ Rift site voted for LFS, and whats the LFS user base ?.
So, why doesn't everyone using Rift who uses LFS vote for LFS ? Bleeding edge (today), latest drivers, following trends etc, etc.

I suspect that 34 is actually a meaningful number, statistically speaking.

And what version of Rift do you run ?
Oh, you don't......
( But want to because......., but don't because ........ ) Just fill in the blanks to help to justify your statement.

Do try reading my post before abusing it, you appear more intelligent that way
How about reading Oculus Rift pre-order page first before pulling out "meaningful" statistical numbers, false assumptions and fantasy theories?

Quote from oculusvr :I understand this hardware is intended for developers and it is not a consumer product.

By the way it's Oculus, not Occulas.
https://developer.oculusvr.com ... s/search.php?keywords=LFS
You mean a page like the above ?
And this one is a good read too.
https://developer.oculusvr.com ... s/search.php?keywords=dx9

English has no spelling rules, we can spell things how we like !
"There even are places where English completely disappears; in America they haven't used it for years."
Quote from ?

And, rather than baseless numbers I'm simply comparing the votes for LFS on the Rift forum (34) with the known numbers of LFS license holders. (Members: 55,748 (And that's just members on the forum)). There seems to be quite a difference there.......
So what fantasy figures are you talking about ?

And here, https://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=86048, one rift user has contributed !
LFS is 8th now. We are getting close to top 5 again.
And this whole topic looks embarrassing if viewing from the outside of this community. ( Don't ask why to bother of it, I just noticed it somehow, not meaning it is a big deal for me, not my problem for sure, but anyway )

Also, the site started to look bad too ( OR site )

But still, seeing the LFS in top rated list makes me want to play it badly, but, impossible at the moment
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :And this whole topic looks embarrassing if viewing from the outside of this community. ( Don't ask why to bother of it, I just noticed it somehow, not meaning it is a big deal for me, not my problem for sure, but anyway )

Also, the site started to look bad too ( OR site )

I'm not embarrassed to ask Rift owners to rate LFS. It was only recently put on the Oculus Share site. Most people who used LFS with a Rift obviously did not learn about it from the Oculus Share site, so most of them have not given it a rating. It's good to have more ratings from people who have used a Rift with LFS.

What has started to look bad on the Oculus site?
Quote from Scawen :I'm not embarrassed to ask Rift owners to rate LFS. It was only recently put on the Oculus Share site. Most people who used LFS with a Rift obviously did not learn about it from the Oculus Share site, so most of them have not given it a rating. It's good to have more ratings from people who have used a Rift with LFS.

What has started to look bad on the Oculus site?

The talk of voting, as it looks it isn't "honest" to vote, if someone votes numerous times up or down the "item" in the list.

The Oculus site itself isn't bad at all, but the voting and the stuff bouncing up and down like a maniac. I can admit it might be only me who sees like this, but somehow... hard to explain
( EDIT: yes I said, oculus rift site, but afterwards I didn't mean the whole system, maybe because it is "brand new" or so, too much to hassle or so)

but as I said, not a big deal, but enough that much I wanted to notify about it. Up to you, hm
There are lies, damn lies, and statistics.

No one needs to downvote anything for it to drop in the rankings. AC is flavour of the month, I expect that more people use that, and iRacing than use LFS.

I have no idea how OR work their rankings but I suspect that more people vote for other programs than vote for LFS.

As a positive, where does Farcebook appear on the list ?
Who brought the co ?
If anyone should be feeling agrieved a certain Mr Z has more right to do so than anyone else.
"What, people aren't using OR for Farmville......?"

/subtle dig
LFS is getting new content, tracks that have been ready for years, etc, when ?
Let's not mention weather, dynamic tracks, (cough, tyre physics) etc
Software needs updating to stay current and stay 'in demand'.
LFS is lucky in;
a) Scrawen & co's work is outstandanding and has the best 'feel' of any sim.
b) A fanatically loyal user base who keep ripping on them to keep it going.
/end subtle dig

So what, your not at the top.

Sorry Mr Z, here's an awesome vid of the new Farcebook OR app for 8.1 only(Cus we no longer support 8). You need to update your OS to really embrace the new world.
http://www.funnyordie.com/vide ... -oculus-rift-facebook-app
Quote from Racer X NZ :There are lies, damn lies, and statistics.

There is BS, damn BS, and Racer X posts.
Am I the only one here who doesn't understand a piece of Racer X NZ's post #44?
571. For most of you.

Or, you could actually try reading. Or.......

LOLZ, Sorry, 571......... Have a happy day !
Quote from MandulAA :Am I the only one here who doesn't understand a piece of Racer X NZ's post #44?

You aren't alone! I couldn't understand Rex's (Racer X's) post too!
Sorry, I'll use pictures next time, OK ?

Point 1: How do OR come up with their rankings ?

Point 2: When was LFS updated last ?

Point 3: For most of us, who cares about point 1, when is point 2 happening ?

Point 4: Here's an awesome Farcebook app for OR, cus Farcebook brought the co so we should really care........
http://www.funnyordie.com/vide ... -oculus-rift-facebook-app

What's not to understand ?

Oh, 571....., try this, 'with an error code 571. I do not know why we are blocked.'

It's the email error code for spam.
Maybe I should stop making IT jokes that go 'WHOOOOSHHHHH'

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG