The online racing simulator
Quote from The Moose :Initial release of what looks to be a great track for you drifters

http://www.assettocorsa.net/fo ... ountain-release-0-1.9117/

I love this so much already, decent physics and a touge track... I'm in sim heaven.

The time it took to have a mountain track in LFS: 11 years 9 months and counting
The time it took to have a mountain track in AC: 6 months.

And some people say modding is a bad thing. Rii-ight.
Quote from Matrixi :I love this so much already, decent physics and a touge track... I'm in sim heaven.

The time it took to have a mountain track in LFS: 11 years 9 months and counting
The time it took to have a mountain track in AC: 6 months.

And some people say modding is a bad thing. Rii-ight.

People also say that iRacing has good physics.

People don't know what they're talking about.

Attached images
image.jpg
You're really not THAT surprised,aren't you?
And AC is finally starting to show its Italian roots (has felt more like German so far)
Lets have some hope in Italians.
I cant imagine the rage they will get on ac forums if they dont release today.
Hoping for the best.
Going to be fun watching the show if they delay the relase
Looks like we'll be stuck with a similary restricted mp system like we had in nkp for the time being, change track restart, change car restart, change laps restart...

At least it sounds like the same system from the pdf
Quote from troy :Looks like we'll be stuck with a similary restricted mp system like we had in nkp for the time being, change track restart, change car restart, change laps restart...

At least it sounds like the same system from the pdf

It's exactly the same. Which is disappointing, and confirms my worst fear of AC's MP.
lfsforum on its best
Has nothing to do with lfsf or not at all, it's about years of experience with the user unfriendly netkar multiplayer system. Be it for server owners or racers, it just wasn't good enough, now we're steering in the same direction again. Of course this is a first release and we probably see fixes and advancements but the core sytem underneath is just very limited.

Don't get me wrong I love AC, it looks and drives really well but the guys from Kunos just can't seem to get the ingame UI right, we got the same sytem since 10 years now, it was bad back then and is even worse today where they had to chance to start from scratch and still ended up with a system that forces you to quit the game for every little change.
Well,that's just us - we're too used to the very easy to use and quick interface of LFS...
Quote from Eclipsed :Well,that's just us - we're too used to the very easy to use and quick interface of LFS...

Us, and players of other massively successful online games.
You've never needed to restart a CS server to change map as far as I can remember.
MP UI and the whole system looks like a gigantic clusterf*ck indeed.

I can see what they're trying to do, which is no lag and loading times for other players when someone is changing cars, but this just looks way too clunky. I don't want to disconnect just to change car for crying out loud...
It's just squandering so much potential that AC's MP had.. and instead it's resigned to horrible NKP style.
If they mess this up I hope someone really punch them in their stupid face, please don't ruin this! I hope, even with the shit-stupid way it's designed now, that at least the netcode is good. If that too sucks... then.. then, just no please.
Quote from Matrixi :MP UI and the whole system looks like a gigantic clusterf*ck indeed.

I can see what they're trying to do, which is no lag and loading times for other players when someone is changing cars, but this just looks way too clunky. I don't want to disconnect just to change car for crying out loud...

Not just disconnect.. but also wait for the next session to start.
Didnt gt2 had the same system? Exit,change car,rejoin
People seem to be forgetting that this isn't the full release.

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG