The online racing simulator
The RIP Thread
(405 posts, started )
It's too true that suicide is the easiest way out of any problem. Though you only understand truly this feeling, the closer you get to doing it.

But cmon guys really, nobody would give a shit if he was some hobo who OD'd but the fact he's been on peoples TV and cinema screens apparently makes a big difference.
Quote from sinbad :Nowhere did Moose say there's nothing wrong with doing drugs.

This really a cascade of ignorant bullshit.

Thanks Sinbad

Quote from BlueFlame :It's too true that suicide is the easiest way out of any problem.

There is no indication that this was suicide. In fact there is a deadly batch of fentanyl-laced heroin doing the rounds on the east coast that appeared very recently and has killed load of users. There is a suspicion that this might be what caught him out.

Until we have the facts it's best to stop all this suicide speculation as its completely unfounded.

The guy was clean for 23 years. He had a problem with prescription drugs last year and eventually went back on heroin recently. He checked himself into rehab within a week of starting the heroin again apparently. Not the actions of someone who want to kill themselves.

Quote from BlueFlame :
But cmon guys really, nobody would give a shit if he was some hobo who OD'd but the fact he's been on peoples TV and cinema screens apparently makes a big difference.

You might not have given a shit, but quite frankly that says more about you than anything else.

EDIT: You are all entitled to your opinions of course, but opinions born from ignorance really hold no weight whatsoever.
Quote from The Moose :Thanks Sinbad

There is no indication that this was suicide. In fact there is a deadly batch of fentanyl-laced heroin doing the rounds on the east coast that appeared very recently and has killed load of users. There is a suspicion that this might be what caught him out.

Until we have the facts it's best to stop all this suicide speculation as its completely unfounded.

The guy was clean for 23 years. He had a problem with prescription drugs last year and eventually went back on heroin recently. He checked himself into rehab within a week of starting the heroin again apparently. Not the actions of someone who want to kill themselves.

If he was clean, and started again after 23 years, I'd say that those WERE the actions of someone wanting to end it. Suicidal tendencies aren't that consistent. How many people have ended their lives intentionally for their actions surrounding those events to be completely normal?

After all, to have gotten back into Heroin usage after such a long time would require a massive vulnerability at the time. So he would have had to have been in a pretty bad way mentally to start again. I mean the steps to acquire the drugs would filter out someone who had even the slightest will NOT to start again.

Though don't get me wrong, I'm not disputing the facts that are there.

EDIT : Conspiracy : Fentanyl infected herion manufacturered by US govt to kill off druggies! << DAILY MAIL HEADLINE RIGHT THERE
And why the fck do you feel like judging him or anyone? Yeah, suicide is the "easy way" out, why don't you do it if it's that easy..
Quote from Boris Lozac :why don't you do it if it's that easy..

I don't want to discuss my personal life, lets just leave it at that.

edit : yea, shit just got real in here
Quote from Töki (HUN) : I don't care if you call me ignorant prick or not.

Yes, I'm against drugs, sorry if that hurts you.

You may not care, but i shouldn't have called you that and have edited my post accordingly. I hope you can accept my apology.

Being against drugs is fine. I have no problem with that. You clearly have a severe lack of understanding on the issue of addiction though which is why i got a bit angry with your post.

Being ignorant about a subject is not a problem..we're all ignorant about many things, but when you make sweeping generalisations on subjects you are ignorant about you always end up looking stupid.

When someone dies young from a heart attack i bet you wouldn't react in the same way, yet most people who die young from heart attacks have "brought it upon themselves" in some way (bad diet, smoking etc)

When someone dies young in a motor racing accident they have brought it upon themselves for partaking in a blatantly dangerous activity. Do you dismiss their death as easily as you do a drug addict? Of course not.

Addiction is a complex issue that can affect anyone. There are so many social, personal and mental issues involved in addictions that to dismiss someone's death due to addiction as somehow entirely their own fault is to make a point from ignorance and shows a complete lack of understanding, and a terrible lack of empathy as well i might add.

To apply "i dont feel sorry for them, they brought it upon themselves" to one thing because it's drugs and not to anything else that is somewhat self inflicted is hypocritical at best.

Have a think about that.

Apologies once again for swearing at you.
You are right, nice post and thanks for the apology. We see this case differently and yes I was ignorant. I didn't know that Seymour attended rehab, etc. My dad is an addict, unfortunately he's a heavy smoker and I just hate to see that every day. Also the fact that he doesn't care just pisses me off, even if he knows he should stop, he's not even trying. Probably that's why I reacted the way I did, even if it was totally wrong. Anyway, case closed.
Shit, lfsforum actually just went up in moral standards!
This isn't really about on-topic but I have to say in two years there have actually many known LFS racers passed away, and actually many not so known as well.

Rest In Piece guys, and please, drive nicely there
Quote from sinbad :Nowhere did Moose say there's nothing wrong with doing drugs.

This really a cascade of ignorant bullshit. Do you live in some fairytale world where only bad people do bad things or have vices, and good people only do good things? You don't know this man, you don't know what his problems were or what good he did for others or for charity, yet you just judge him as completely worthless because he, apparently, overdosed on a drug?

qft
I don't feel sorry for Philip Seymour Hoffman;
I don't feel sorry for IMOL.

I'm sure I'm making a strong case for forumer of the year already.

Personally, I believe everyone is responsible for the conscious choices they make. Quitting an addiction isn't always a choice, but starting one is. At the same time, though, not being close to him or personally affected by his death, my feelings after knowing of his passing away by overdosing on drugs are not any stronger than what they would've been had him died while climbing Everest or breastfeeding orphan kittens.

Ultimately, especially in light of the fact he was a father to three small children, and knowing his history of drug abuse and eventual drug-induced death will affect in some way his children's development, I reserve myself the right not to consider him a role model for responsible parenthood. Then again, I probably shouldn't in any case base my eventual conduct as a father on movie stars.
R.I.P. David Robertson, manager of Kimi Räikkönen
-
(RandomnessInside) DELETED by RandomnessInside : I was late

:'(
Quote from jonmrbean :Any one into WWE ...... Ultimate Warrior dies aged 54 ...... http://metro.co.uk/2014/04/09/ ... rock-pay-tribute-4692919/

I always stick around to watch wrestlemania every year. It was unbelievable seeing him being inducted into the Hall of Fame last Saturday, appear at Wrestlemania the day after and then come on Raw this last monday to cut a promo...and now less than 24 hours later he's dead?! I can't believe this...
I was afraid to see this happen when I saw the news that he had been taken to hospital last week... Sad to see this, may he rest in peace.

The RIP Thread
(405 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG