The online racing simulator
just tried the 458 at silverstone and catching the ai on alien under braking is a piece of piss but they just seem to always accelerate much faster out of the corner.. i could only just keep my position 4th. lol probably the setup, im using my fast imola set but i just get chronic understeer
Quote from Mysho :AI is obviously too slow on alien setting, but what amazes is that I have no significant fps loss with 12 cars on griiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiddddddddddddd....! Might go lower when the full grid appears but I thought it would be much worse. Well done Kunos. Because this was really the first time I could test it with 10+ cars and the optimalization looks cool.

Really can't wait for multiplayer races. LFS is GONE forever...

Exactly my thoughts. Its slow and doesn't care much about my position on track, but better than nothing. The E30 race gave me a bit of challenge, cause I got constantly PIT manuovered. I'm surprised that my PC didn't die for the AI though.
I thought the AI was pretty fast (atleast in the E30 race) after the pack spread out a bit, was actually having some trouble catching the leaders.
They're ramming me off and they're good at divebombing too. I don't give a damn about AI behaviour, now at least I see I won't have any FPS issues at the end of the grid, so looking good so far.
That "subtle" tyre physics change just made my day! Feels a lot better now, yay!
Looking forward to trying the new tyre model. I might even drive some where other than Joux plane!!
Although saying that 1m at joux plane sounds like a plan.

Can't say the ai interest me but I'm glad to hear it's not as bad a frame rate hit as we might have feared.
Quote from Ingolf :That "subtle" tyre physics change just made my day! Feels a lot better now, yay!

there must be something wrong with mine.. all the cars just understeer quite badly..

the 458 race at silverstone, it was just understeering everywhere coming down hanger straight i would be turning right and just veer off the track.. :S

tbh.. i am not keen on the new tyre patch.. i dont feel connected anymore..
AI is nowhere near to perfect stage. They react really awkward at stages and prone to ram out you off the track by going full speed into your rear while you braking.

Well, lucky you who did not get affected by fps drop, but I did. With the same settings which I used previously all the time - fps drops by 10-20. Mostly drops due to smoke which is bitch. From a distance it seems run at locked 62 fps, if closer 55 and lower. Well, I had to lower cuba reflection from 6 all the way to 1. Now the situation is pretty same as driving with higher settings in hotlap. Not really happy about it. Oh, also, had to lower shadows from medium to low. So :/
does the new tyre physics change the weird reluctance that the cars have to get back in line after overtseering?
@R3DMAN, I can't speak for all cars. Should have said I only referred to the E30's since I can compare it irl. Saw on AC forum more ppl was saying something about understeer, but perhaps is it just because you're used to the previous build? I need to test that car and see for myself

@Shotglass, I seem to struggle less now with the car after a spinn/traction loss. At least the BMW E30 "wants" to go back in line. Or maybe I am subjected to autosuggestion here, must test a bit more.
well i havent played for a couple of weeks due to a sprained wrist, so i cant really remember how it felt before.. but it was something like 60mph in the 458 and i was understeering very badly, mid corner understeer aswell, so it wasnt like i just threw it in and got understeer.
To me it feels like the handling has become much closer to NKPro now with the latest patch. At least the things I learned in NKpro seem to work a lot better now in AC.

It's mostly how you can control under- and oversteer in a corner by altering the throttle, and how the car reacts to front-to-rear weight Transfer.
I can't seem to race the AI, all "race" options are greyed out, except Drag.
I have The latest patch, since I can drive the new Lotus.
You can only race AI's in their pre-defined special events. For now.
Anyone beat the Supercar challenge in alien mode yet?
Quote from PMD9409 :Anyone beat the Supercar challenge in alien mode yet?

best i could get was 3rd and couldnt even see the leader.. i did get punted off twice tho.
Yeah 3rd is where I am behind the two MP4s. I can see them the whole race though as I'm running about a quarter second faster. Sadly by the time I get through the 458s I am too far back to do anything in 5 laps.
Quote from Shotglass :does the new tyre physics change the weird reluctance that the cars have to get back in line after overtseering?

YES. 100%. This was the first thing I noticed.

Judas Priest I'm not sure how much better the tires can get now.

I hopped in the McLaren and beat my PB by over a second within 3 laps on the default setup

You can literally manhandle the crap out of it now, as well as everything else with one hand on the wheel.

And the 1M at Joux I think I have a new favourite car.

So much for "subtle" tire changes, I thought it was pretty damn good before but within 2 mins on this patch, grins are had ear to ear.

This deserves a celebratory Guinness.

And Dustin, you can use the standard hax to race the cars from the challenges on any track and it works (apparently, I've not tried).
Only tried the AI with the E30 so far and have to say I'm pretty impressed considering their early stage in development.
Most of the incidents I had were due to my own impatience and when driving properly they behaved well.
Did notice they yielded too much when you were in the right position though which is a bit boring and much like LFS AI behavior but overall I'm enjoying running with them

Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :Judas Priest I'm not sure how much better the tires can get now.

Damn you BBT know I have to go do a few HL at Imola to quench my curiosity
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :
I hopped in the McLaren and beat my PB by over a second within 3 laps on the default setup

Hm, i guess it depends on the car then, i've been hammering that Imola/abarth combo for days now, and with this patch i'm about two seconds slower.. But yeah, so much more going on with the tires and ffb now..
Quote from B2B@300 :Damn you BBT know I have to go do a few HL at Imola to quench my curiosity

Curious what you think after you do.

I know that I tend to be positive about things (just how I live my life), but I was really pleasantly surprised tonight when I tried a few different cars (I did not try the little open wheeler, in fact I never have so I cannot comment).

The McLaren used to be quite razor edge, and I know it's SUPPOSED to be that way with the assists turned off per real life, but now it's still razor edge but you can be pre-emptive and drive the shit out of it without ever feeling like the car bit you for no reason - you really have to provoke it to spin now.

Hard to explain but the tires feel much less forgiving but much MORE forgiving at the same time somehow.

I'll have to try the 458 at Imola since I ran so many laps trying not to suck so bad, and see how that feels. But the fact that I shaved that much time off in 3 laps of basically fooling around in the McLaren tells me something. I feel a hell of a lot more confident in the cars now - I will never be as fast as Phil or anything but I sure don't have to be so careful with the cars now.
I'm no alien.

The 1M has probably overtaken the XRT in my heart as best all-around car. Just need to see if it takes ramps just as well.
Update: the AI hack does still work. Select a challenge and then switch to Quick Race (maintains the grid - I like this about the AC UI, everything you do transfers to the "next" thing you do - brilliant) and choose any track you want and it works decently.

edit: and BS you're not an alien :rolleyes:
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :Curious what you think after you do.

Hard to explain but the tires feel much less forgiving but much MORE forgiving at the same time somehow.

Had to go out for half the day so only have just had a chance to do some laps in the McLaren around Imola.

It doesn't have tonnes more grip and hence I'm not doing quicker lap times out of the box (my pb is a 1-52-87) I got back to the 52's again but still takes a lot of effort but easier to be constant than the previous patch.

The tyres are definitely giving me more feel at the limit than the previous patch so I concur with your view above. The transition between grip and no grip is smoother and I felt like I could read the optimal slip angle better while driving than previously (not so hit an miss), also the car was a little more forgiving under brakes and acceleration as I can better read/feel lock-up and wheel spin with new patch.

The other thing I noticed has changed is that previously I felt you needed to have more steering angle than what I felt was natural to be fast on certain corners/bends and with the new patch this seems to have improved somewhat.

I am liking it a lot, will hopefully get some time to test the 458 and F40 tonight
If only my wheel wasn't packed up for another 2 weeks.

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG