The online racing simulator
Post your Car two
(2437 posts, started )
Ok, so Lada has changed it's owner, however I could say it was a different experience compared to the shitheap I used to own last year(sure, the estate is a shitheap as well, but it was functionable and actually drove well ).

I actually liked it. With the welded diff it was pure joy bringing it sideways, even just feinting into the corners, I never wanted to go simply around the bend with it. It was actually forgiving and a memorable experience, which changed the way I now think about Ladas. The fuel consumption wasn't even that bad with the 1.7 injection engine, and it provided quite more than enough for the slidy winter roads.

And guess what. I used to own a Civic before swapping to the Lada estate. I got that Civic back, since the Lada's previous owner would've liked the Lada back.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1494425/WP_000188.jpg
This was the only sensible picture I took from that, after honoring the car with a traditional slav squat.

After doing lots of kilometres during this week with yet another low vehicle, there's absolutely no problems and it goes like it used to when I owned it, minus the fact that it's a tad lower than it used to be.

Now I've taken it off the road for a while, waiting for the inspiration to hit. My plan is to make something out of that for real, as my plans faded away last time when I decided I needed a winter beater that was RWD.
I've said good bye to my Lada 2108 also. Gave it back to it's previous owner, so she is in good hands. First car is like first love, you'll never forget it

Got myself a Toyota Corolla E110 sedan '97. Got some work to do with it until everything will be working properly, but already liking it

Not the actual photo, but mine has the same color.
Attached images
H5lQg32zKL4.jpg
After the old Leon started to die I decided I'd had enough of "sensible" cars and decided to go for something I actually wanted. Deposit laid down over the weekend, collecting next week. I feel better now.
Attached images
bimmer.jpg
Added carbon mirror covers and black grills. Next up will be making the window trims black (now chrome) and the 2 pieces next to the foglights. I'm thinking of plastidipping them.

Bimmers unite. Got rid of amber indicators and bought a clear set not that long time ago.

open diff
No problem getting it sideways with the open diff...
Was like this...

Then went to the track to do some drifting

Then again went to track every weekend, till this happened

After that drove it into garage and took out old m50b25tu engine

Will put in low-mileage m52b28 from UK e36.
To-do list:
M50 intake manifold (already have), S50B32 (3.2l M3) exhaust manifold (already have), big bore throttle body (already have), m54b30 & m50b25 camshafts, custom made exhaust with MagnaFlow components, custom remapping, etc
Quote from Scrabby :Added carbon mirror covers and black grills. Next up will be making the window trims black (now chrome) and the 2 pieces next to the foglights. I'm thinking of plastidipping them.

just have them wrapped
Hi I am back!

So i swapped a 1.8 16v GTi engine in the Jetta myself

Sadly after the last ride before the winter an oil seal in the gearbox started leaking badly...

Then a bought a Miata '91 for a daily driver

And where it is at now

Welcome back, G!NhO. I'm not a fan of Miatas but that one looks pretty damn good with that fitment. What rims are those?
Thanks! Well they are cheap (:shy XXR 527 in 8,25x15 ET0
Yes i drive a haidressers car now too.
Ok,that's it,not posting pictures of my car anymore - don't wanna hear that it's not low enough,even if it is the lowest car I ever had.
16v swaps are easy and fun! Same motor mounts and no real wiring hassle. I'm going 1.8T AEB or a 2.0TFSI

Other than Flat caps and an early westy grill your car is exactly how I picture a Mk1 Coupe. Perfect color, contrasting wheels, borbets or ATS Cups.

Drive the hell out of it!
Agnis, ouch not good, I feel for you.

MrBean with the Sierra RS500 if you ever want to sell that then drop me a pm

If you do sell it you'd be a fool
my car just burned to the ground.
Should've lived in NY then, no chance of burning.

On-topic:
I'm looking for a navigation head unit. I saw the Andrive unit (andrive.co.uk) wich is it 599£ and you can do about everything with it. And it's standalone Android 4.0.4. Anyone else has experience with these kind of things? I want a dedicated Android and not a Windows CE with an Android over it.
Quote from Scrabby :
On-topic:
I'm looking for a navigation head unit. I saw the Andrive unit (andrive.co.uk) wich is it 599£ and you can do about everything with it. And it's standalone Android 4.0.4. Anyone else has experience with these kind of things? I want a dedicated Android and not a Windows CE with an Android over it.

I've been very tempted (I want an "in dash" TomTom unit) but the Android / Windows CE headunits all get poor reviews as actual head units (i.e. for audio quality, speed of interface, simplicity to use etc). Seems to be the typical Chinese quality just at an inflated price

EDIT - I don't know much about e90's but £600 seems expensive - a guy on the ZT forum sells Android ones for ~£400 (the ZT uses pretty much the same odd slightly-more-than-double-DIN fitment as an e46)
Yeah, normal prices for BMW's I'm affraid. Dynavin is even more expensive, going towards 700-800£ :/
The Andrive is about the only one for me that's good enough. Matches interior nicely, everything will work and the screen reaction etc.. is pretty good. I would stick a Sygic navigation on it and it would be great. They're sold out right now
And it's fully UK based/built so it gives me a little bit more confidence.
Quote from Blade3562 :16v swaps are easy and fun! Same motor mounts and no real wiring hassle. I'm going 1.8T AEB or a 2.0TFSI

Other than Flat caps and an early westy grill your car is exactly how I picture a Mk1 Coupe. Perfect color, contrasting wheels, borbets or ATS Cups.

Drive the hell out of it!

Thanks! Yeah it was pretty easy and thats why i chose the 16V and i just love the sound even though it is a 4 banger.
I would like to go G-lader of compressor one day, but that is years from now!

I don't really like flat caps, westy fronts are rare and expensive around here unfortunatly.

I believe you have a lightbleu mk1? Any more pics without a cover on it? haha
Quote from AlienT. :

MrBean with the Sierra RS500 if you ever want to sell that then drop me a pm

If you do sell it you'd be a fool

I will add you to the long list of people/offers I have already had since buying it.....I am not interested in selling it any time soon......It's not my daily driver but it will be getting used more & more as the weather improves.
Quote from Scrabby :Should've lived in NY then, no chance of burning.

On-topic:

Flip up pioneer

Post your Car two
(2437 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG