The online racing simulator
Quote from Boris Lozac :Max tires? He said "ALLOWED_TYRES_OUT=-1" but nothing changed..

There are two folders where these ini files are sitting. The SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\cfg and then under the Windows default Documents folder.
Did you change the race.ini under C:\Users\XXX\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg (win7)? If you did it should work then.
I haven't have time to put any considerable amount of driving hours in to Assetto Corsa, but I haven't seen a single penalty after doing this modification.
Yep the one in my documents.

Btw, anyone drove formula abarth on imola? I can do 47, possibly 46, but the best times on rsr are 40's. Something is seriously dodgy there..
Lotus Evora is far and away the best car I've tried on Joux, the other Loti(Lotuses?) are too 'hard' but the Evora is perfect, feels like I'm blasting along a good B road, it's perfect.
Quote from kars19 :I am amazed how my old gtx570 1,2gb can coupe with AC graphics @ medium/high settings

Your 'old' 570 is still far better than most cards. My 'even whimpyer' 560 is still better than any of the new xbox or ps4 offerings, and so they should be !

PC graphics are still catching up with the hardware and the latest gear should kickass in any game for the next 4 or 5 years.
Quote from Racer X NZ :My 'even whimpyer' 560 is still better than any of the new xbox or ps4 offerings

You might want to check PS4/XO specs again.
Quote from kars19 :Slower of course, don't remember exactly, I never seriously attempted to hotlap the 12c, I did put some 70+ laps with the regular 458, without driving aids, except abs, I did 1:53:998 (recorded on youtube) , Macca with aids was much easier and took me about 30 laps to get wr

That Idea to try mp4 with esp/tc on was after watching this 2012 McLaren MP4-12C: Engineer ... Wild - Ignition Episode 8

Did some testing in the 12c myself today with the following results:
TC = 2 and Stability 100% I achieved a 1:52:70 in about six laps, then
TC = 2 but with Stability Off I archived a 1:52:72 in about six laps again, then finally
TC Off Stability Off was able to hit a 1:52:87 but that was with a lot of effort probably about 20 laps or more with a lot more mistakes.

My general opinion on the various settings is that the TC is by far the most beneficial to confidence and lap times. I didn't like stability control much as it prevented rotation of the car when I was wanting and expecting it. TC without SC tended to allow me to use more of the track without getting into too much trouble while keeping a more neutral to over-steer balance.

With TC and SC off I found my concentration levels had to be amplified several fold really having to think constantly about where the grip was or wasn't with small mistakes costing much more than with TC on.

Surprisingly though SC and TC didn't net massively faster lap times out of the block but what they did do was make it easier to hit the target.
Finally a run just about worth adding here. I think I've almost re-learnt it now.

6:07.476 https://drive.google.com/file/ ... OOGJXOHM/edit?usp=sharing

Stock setup except semi-slicks and 15 litres fuel. Challenging to keep rear tyres from over-heating. Excuse the love tap
Obviously room for improvement, next target is <6m05, such fun.
Ah replay file, don't even know where to put it..
documents/Assetto Corsa/replay... come on man
Cheers, meant more like youtube is so much more practical and efortless for me to just click and watch..
@troy
Do u guys drive with stock setups at Joux?
Trying Ferrari 458 Italia S3 , cant do more then 800meters.
Its like "Ping Pong"
And btw. any sugestions about video options?
Using low gpu, 6870 and have stabile 100+fps , but dsnt seems smooth at all
i know the feeling
Removing HDR effect made a big difference in smoothness for me
Quote from sinbad :Finally a run just about worth adding here. I think I've almost re-learnt it now.

6:07.476 https://drive.google.com/file/ ... OOGJXOHM/edit?usp=sharing

Stock setup except semi-slicks and 15 litres fuel. Challenging to keep rear tyres from over-heating. Excuse the love tap
Obviously room for improvement, next target is <6m05, such fun.

great watching that one with tv cam
Quote from undertaker00 :@troy
Do u guys drive with stock setups at Joux?
Trying Ferrari 458 Italia S3 , cant do more then 800meters.
Its like "Ping Pong"

I don't like S3 at Joux, for the same reasons , standard is much better

My 'Joux' top 5, for pure driving enjoyment

Evora
e30 d1 and std
458 std
F40 std
L49
Quote from Boris Lozac :Cheers, meant more like youtube is so much more practical and efortless for me to just click and watch..

What do you recommend for capture?
First proper run through Joux Plane, M3 GT2 with default setup..
Attached images
jouxpbm3gt2.jpg
Quote from sinbad :What do you recommend for capture?

I use Mirilis Action! (I'm not yelling, that's how it's called ), or Fraps, both 'legal'..
i use DXtory
Quote from ImudilaSkyline :Removing HDR effect made a big difference in smoothness for me

I agree. I'm on a ATI 6850, so it's similar card, and I've turned off HDR as well.
Quote from R3DMAN :i use DXtory

You mentioned you have a special codec you use. Can you share it? The default dxtory codec is crap.

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG