The online racing simulator
Quote from kars19 :12c is like Eurofighter, It drives carps with all assist off, It was not dessinged in first place do drive without them, I suggest to try it with esp/tc on, most impressive thing is stability while braking, turn in and how it's putting power down on corner exits

There's a big gap between a sometimes oversteery car and an aerodynamically unstable jet.

Besides, race cars with grip peaking at a very lower slip ratio hardly benefit from any inherently unstable design.
Quote from kars19 :They drive around the track and do nothing...

I think devs are wasting their time and energy with Ai. And who drives with Ai these days, gt/fm croud?

No matter how good and advanced they are. They don't give me any satisfaction , when i beat them or vice versa

They drive around and learn the track, passing points and where they can improve. That's why it's called developing ai, you know.
Quote from Keling :There's a big gap between a sometimes oversteery car and an aerodynamically unstable jet.

Besides, race cars with grip peaking at a very lower slip ratio hardly benefit from any inherently unstable design.

I meant that 12c drivers considerably better with esp/tc on
Quote from kars19 :I meant that 12c drivers considerably better with esp/tc on

What's with the music on your video lol, drove me crazy And can't really that 12C go faster then 1:58 on Imola, that's F40's time..
Quote from Boris Lozac :What's with the music on your video lol, drove me crazy And can't really that 12C go faster then 1:58 on Imola, that's F40's time..

Ronald Jenkees that dude become youtube celebrity by accident

I think devs are wasting their time and energy with Ai. And who drives with Ai these days, gt/fm croud?

No matter how good and advanced they are. They don't give me any satisfaction , when i beat them or vice versa

I agree with this. Screw AI and "career modes". The fun of racing sims is competing with other people.
Quote from kars19 :I found out how macca works and trying to get wr @ Imola, need just tiny improvement at sc2

done!
Attached images
111119911jpg.jpg
I'm quite enjoying AC , looking forward to multiplayer. But am in no hurry as I don't get a lot of time for sims anyway and HL is fun already especially with the RSR app.

Thanks for the informative information in this topic everyone, between here and the iRacing thread on AC I've got it set up really well. Getting the setup right made a big difference.
Quote from kars19 :done!

What times were you running without traction control and stability kars? I just cracked into the 52's as well but its a real challenge, could probably pull off a mid 52 with a bit more effort but that's pretty much my limit
Seeing all the videos and the glowing comments I've decided to see if I can get my computer up to spec so I can at least give it a bash! Can't really justify spending a fortune on it just now so hoping upgrading is a possibility to get me going with a playable frame rate.

Intel Dual E2180 @ 2ghz
2GB ram
8800GT

Obviously I need to update the graphics card. Is that enough?
Looks like you'd better get a new machine.

What's your budget?
Quote from keiran :Seeing all the videos and the glowing comments I've decided to see if I can get my computer up to spec so I can at least give it a bash! Can't really justify spending a fortune on it just now so hoping upgrading is a possibility to get me going with a playable frame rate.

Intel Dual E2180 @ 2ghz
2GB ram
8800GT

Obviously I need to update the graphics card. Is that enough?

I believe you need a CPU upgrade more than graphics card.

I recently upgraded from an E6750 (better than the E2180) and 3GB ram to a i5 4570 and 8 GB ram.

I kept my graphics card (460 GTX) and noticed a huge improvement in stability playing AC, despite the framerate not actually improving much. It seems my old CPU caused a lot of jerkyness that wasn't truely reflected by looking at the framerates which were always decent.

iRacing now runs happily with everything maxed out with a 100fps cap, I used to get big drops in fps with full grids in view, but haven't noticed it drop from the cap at all since upgrading. Getting stable framerates makes everything so much better for sim racing.

I'm not sure you will need to upgrade graphics card, my system started with a 8800GT and upgrading to the 460GTX I didn't see much improvement, the CPU was always the bottleneck.

EDIT: here's a link to the thread showing the bits I got, been very happy with it. Note if you're running a system of a similar vintage to mine you'll probably need a new PSU (for 8 pin CPU plug) and maybe even DVD drive (IDE is obsolete/SATA only now).

https://www.lfsforum.net/attac ... d=128951&d=1388145430
8800GT is only DX10, so that'll need to be upgraded along with the CPU, RAM and mobo for AC too.
Quote from B2B@300 :What times were you running without traction control and stability kars? I just cracked into the 52's as well but its a real challenge, could probably pull off a mid 52 with a bit more effort but that's pretty much my limit

Slower of course, don't remember exactly, I never seriously attempted to hotlap the 12c, I did put some 70+ laps with the regular 458, without driving aids, except abs, I did 1:53:998 (recorded on youtube) , Macca with aids was much easier and took me about 30 laps to get wr

That Idea to try mp4 with esp/tc on was after watching this 2012 McLaren MP4-12C: Engineer ... Wild - Ignition Episode 8
Thanks guys, as I feared not much hope! SATA isn't a problem so DVD drive and hard drive are salvageable but that appears it. Quick look and my PSU has a 4pin plug.
Quote from englishlord :I agree with this. Screw AI and "career modes". The fun of racing sims is competing with other people.

They are trying to attract arcade minded rookies at the same time, for whom AI weights more than MP.

They could have made another NKP, but they have more mouths to feed now.
Quote from keiran :Thanks guys, as I feared not much hope! SATA isn't a problem so DVD drive and hard drive are salvageable but that appears it. Quick look and my PSU has a 4pin plug.

that will be a new psu, since the avg vid card has at least a 6 pin conenctor. mine even has a 6pin and a 6+2pin. Then I would suggest replacing mobo and cpu at the same time as well. that way you only have to open your pc one time. (new mobo will also mean new RAM cuz you prob have ddr2 now)
Quote from Keling :They are trying to attract arcade minded rookies at the same time, for whom AI weights more than MP.

They could have made another NKP, but they have more mouths to feed now.

More people race against AI than you might think.
I get maybe a couple of hours a week at best, and that will usually be in short sessions of 30 minutes or so. There's no way I can be competitive online.
AI or just simply doing a few laps is where I get my enjoyment.
Nothing to do with being an arcade racer
finaly bought ac
thank you kegetys, awesome fun.

dont like those kangoorooo cars, but m3 e30 thing is great.

with street 90's tires
Attached images
jmjzr.png
Quote from Matrixi :8800GT is only DX10, so that'll need to be upgraded along with the CPU, RAM and mobo for AC too.

you can run AC in DX10.
You really don't want to run it with an 8800GT though, it doesn't support, I can't remember the name something with DDS and transparency, and your trees will look like this: http://www.surrealillusions.co.uk/2013-11-08_00002.jpg

Oldest nvidia card you can still use in DX10 mode is the GT(X) 2XX series, don't expect it to look good though and be prepared that at some point it may not work any more.
I am amazed how my old gtx570 1,2gb can coupe with AC graphics @ medium/high settings

But atm, if you are buying/building PC, best price/performance gpu is imho the 'teem green' gtx770

Quote from farcar :More people race against AI than you might think.
I get maybe a couple of hours a week at best, and that will usually be in short sessions of 30 minutes or so. There's no way I can be competitive online.
AI or just simply doing a few laps is where I get my enjoyment.
Nothing to do with being an arcade racer

^^ this.

I just don't have the time to put into sim racing "seriously" at the moment, so I take what I can get and I'd much rather have cars on the track to race with instead of being forced to race online when I don't want to. Until I have the time to maybe enter a league and/or team again, I probably won't venture online a whole lot even when MP is released, but I will most certainly use the AI regularly. And most of you would probably prefer that instead of me taking you out trying to out-brake myself

Also: does anyone know if the McLaren car uses the same TC / ESP systems as the real car? I thought I read somewhere that it does?

edit:
I didn't know this about the lighting at the tracks: "Advanced setup options and telemetry for data analysis; dynamic simulation of the tyre rubber deposited on track, depending on the car laps; an adjustable time of the day mode, featuring sun position calculated in realtime, depending by geographical coordinates of the track and by the sun curve according to time and date, in order to get the same light conditions of the real tracks!"
So the date must just be using the real date I suppose, I didn't see anywhere to "set" the date...

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG