The online racing simulator
Yes, but to announce when it'll be out, how it will be and so on.
Things that could beat it:
A date for when MP and or AI is ready.
Weathee and weather changes.
Damage to cars

No doubt, as said its a good track, but telling the community that they have to pay for a new track when the most of the game is not yet finished... it gives a mixed feeling for me.
That's a let down.
Quote from ratrug101 :Sure that's great but all the hype to tell us we need to pay more for DLC is a bit stupid. AI or MP would have been a lot more exciting.

Bitter people everywhere. I guess that DLC will cost as much as a damn track in iPricing.

Also, are you aware that it's only coming in September? ... Surely we will get AI or MP before that. Jesus...
its gets the word out that AC "will" offer a laser scanned nurburgring, Just think, 9 months of word of mouth passing around that AC will get the ring..
People earning thousands of pounds/dollars/euros a month, complaining about a 10 dollar/pounds/euros LASER-SCANNED Nordschleife..

Of course i'm aware, i did read it. And yes i hope we do. I'm not being bitter i have a right to an opinion, just because it doesn't agree with yours doesn't make me bitter.
Really, you people have a stupid way discussing. So, everyone with a other opinion than you is either bitter or stupid? What is wrong with you? .jeezz...
And also, whst about this, we vote for new cars and theb it turns out to be paid DLC? It is not matter of money, Ill willingly pay it, but it does give a bad taste in the mouth specially when the game is in early alpha stage and DLCs are allready on the table.

Finish the game, then talk about DLC.
And again, this does not make me bitter, I only question their approach.
So basically they put the polls out just to see,what's the most demanded,so they can add extra price to it? These italians are very good busnessmen - they're selling tons of copies,making the product looking very promising with all the shiny cars n'stuff,but I wonder why they need so long to add MP? Is there something wrong with it (keeping in mind the bad netcode of their previous product),so they don't want to slow down the big flow of money?
Quote from Boris Lozac :People earning thousands of pounds/dollars/euros a month, complaining about a 10 dollar/pounds/euros LASER-SCANNED Nordschleife..

I don't, and it's definitely a let down to know they'll go for the pay-for-content scheme. That's what kept me away from iRacing, I hope this won't turn out to be like that.
Quote from Eclipsed :but I wonder why they need so long to add MP? Is there something wrong with it (keeping in mind the bad netcode of their previous product),so they don't want to slow down the big flow of money?

Aaannddd let the conspiracy theories start.

Well.. At least there is some action. Quite some action actually.
If you bought the Early Access, then the first DLC is free. And I can't see the reason why it's bad to pay for a DLC, a PACK that includes several cars and tracks. Laser scanning is not cheap.
At least they are not money hungry like the guys at iR are, asking money for EACH track and car... Oh and the sub, just to be able to access the site itself... Can't see the fuss about it really. :rolleyes:
Quote from Rocabiliz :I don't, and it's definitely a let down to know they'll go for the pay-for-content scheme.

Where have you been? It's been known for a very long time that they were going to do paid DLC. I cant believe anyone thinks this is in any way surprising news.

How else did you think they were going to fund development for the next 5 + years?
Great announcement.

Quite humorous that people are complaining about a DLC that was announced many months ago when it was supposed to have Spa. The Ring has simply just replaced Spa in the DLC as Spa is now in the 1.0 version. The fact that it'll have 10 more cars coming with it is also nice and well worth the money.

If 1.0 is out by say, March, then what is wrong with a DLC 6 months after? Sounds just right to me.
Quote from Rocabiliz :I don't

Not saying everyone, but most people complaining about this stuff you see UK and US flags, where swiping floors at Mcdonalds gets you a 1000$ a month.
Quote from The Moose :Where have you been? It's been known for a very long time that they were going to do paid DLC. I cant believe anyone thinks this is in any way surprising news.

How else did you think they were going to fund development for the next 5 + years?

I was aware of some paid DLC.
I meant paid content iRacing-like. As far as I know, the majority of content is paid. I wouldn't mind paying for some content even in LFS as long I can still participate in events and have a decent amount of fun.
It won't be like iRacing. You won't pay for individual items. Instead you'll pay for a bundle of them for probably the same price as a single iR track.
Could be worse, at least it's not subscription based DLC. A small amount of euros for 10 cars and a detailed, infamous track for far, far less than some rare GT6 collectibles. Might end up being the first DLC I buy, ever.
We do have the same system in LFS really, that is if we would get content to actually part with some cash every now and then. I really don't mind giving them some funds if the price and content is reasonable.

MP is of course still make or break but we surely know how it is way before the DLC preorder will be out.
I absolutely love the announcement and I am so gonna pay for everything. I knew it would be Nordschleife, I know AC developers are not I-Racing US money hungry fags, I know they will keep their word about the date and I can simply see the quality job done so I have no problem to pay... not at all...

AC is something that LFS should be. Instead of Scawen refusing every offer and living in his pot hole programming his awesome code, this is what attracts people and this is where will sim community go.

Keep it coming.
why would any1 buy a dlc when the community can make mods prolly
Quote from e2mustang :why would any1 buy a dlc when the community can make mods prolly

It's difficult for the community to make high quality laser-scanned tracks and high quality cars with co-operation and input from the manufacturers.
Quote from e2mustang :why would any1 buy a dlc when the community can make mods prolly

Quality. I wouldn't be happy with a crap quality Nordschleife ripped from some Simbin game.

There might be a mod ID check or something so if you don't buy the DLC, you can only use another version with the same content but a different ID. Unless anyone agrees on using your unofficial version you get no where to race.

Why would anyone use a mod when they can buy a laser scanned Nords?

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG