The online racing simulator
Gran Turismo 6
(415 posts, started )
Tracks in gran Turismo still appear narrower than their real life counterpart.
Quote from Blade3562 :Tracks in gran Turismo still appear narrower than their real life counterpart.

Just a different field of view with the cameras used
Also POV, the real footage is shot a lot closer to the road.
Idk I had this issue with gt5 spots real cars could go 2 cars wide on the ring you couldn't fit 1.5. It's especially noticeable with a racing wheel
Quote from Blade3562 :Idk I had this issue with gt5 spots real cars could go 2 cars wide on the ring you couldn't fit 1.5. It's especially noticeable with a racing wheel

Yeah with slower cars, most of the racing you do on GT5 is with faster cars which makes it hard as hell.
New opening movie - from the Japanese version, their version got released today

spoilers etc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ke6ecXYK_IE

apparently the day 1 update is 1.2GB

standard RUF - so much better, can't wait to double wing it again like in GT5
Omg can't wait! 24 hrs to go!
Anyone who ordered it online seems to be getting it a day early, damn wish i did.
Quote from Mustafur :Anyone who ordered it online seems to be getting it a day early, damn wish i did.

Not me.
The digital PSN version takes forever to install?

I just watch it go from 55 to 56% installed in 1 min....

My PS3 has been on all night, I just woke up, I left it on, and it had downloaded over 1GB before I went to bed

Maybe I should have got the disc version - sigh
I guess the unpack and write back onto the same HD is like defragging...
I should have bought a small SSD

The dude is clearly using a gamepad, which makes the car movement quite weird and ruins the whole thing. Would be spot on with a good wheel though.
While my game install took at least an hour on a regular HD, from PSN
The 1.2GB update downloaded in 6 mins and only took no more than 5 mins to install
Game booting up now!

V1.01 changed the Comfort tyre sounds, sounds like fingernails on a blackboard!

Amost sounds like a glitch, as you can hear the proper tyre noise under that screech
someone's vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXM2Rv5FQmQ

V1.01
Vision GT has been added to the home screen.
  • Mercedes-Benz AMG Vision Gran Turismo is available as a gift car.
  • Online part has been modified on the home screen. 1.00 had 4 available online modes. Community, Open lobby, Quick Match and Seasonal events. In the 1.01 patch there is only Open lobby and Seasonal events in the online section on the home screen.
  • GT game server is now online in Europe
  • Car tuning menus has been updater to expand/collapse function.
  • Freshman Cup added to National B mode.
  • Status screen has an updated layout.
  • Tyre type fitted to car is now displayed in lower left corner of race display when driving
I was right - newer builds at game expos had tyre type on bottom left
Retail build must be months old

you also need License A to get online
One of my first few novice races with the Honda Fit, at Brands Hatch, was day dreaming and crashed

Damage is mostly dents and scuffs
Had Sports Hards and stiffer suspension upgrade, plus wheel upgrade - that's all.
Sports hard tyres sound OK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IH9LVmQPnxQ
Quote from CoolColJ :One of my first few novice races with the Honda Fit, at Brands Hatch, was day dreaming and crashed

Damage is mostly dents and scuffs
Had Sports Hards and stiffer suspension upgrade, plus wheel upgrade - that's all.
Sports hard tyres sound OK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IH9LVmQPnxQ

But considering how much you seem to fascinate over GT how could you possibly be daydreaming? Did you think you were in heaven or something?
Quote from BlueFlame :But considering how much you seem to fascinate over GT how could you possibly be daydreaming? Did you think you were in heaven or something?

Sh*t happens

My next race on Honda Fit Willow Springs - man I love this track, physics feel real good here. Feels like driving on a country road

check out the off road and suspension physics!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ozxt1F_DkmA
Game looks........... so very very real.
Quote from BlueFlame :Game looks........... so very very real.

yeah, the lighting rocks, but the textures could use a PS4 upgrade, and it's a bit flickery like GTA5
Just drove the GT500 HSV around Bathurst that track is awesome.

Managed a 2:02.3 on Racing Hards grip set to real all aids off, more time possible but only had time for like 3 laps.
The tyres definitely have more bite, even compared to the GT Academy demo
Much more progressive - no more driving on ice feel so far (iRacing :razz

I took the X-Bow for a spin/race, and you can feel the rear end tugging around in a very controllable way

Hand brake turns feel sublime, you can feel the tyres grip sliding

Also the Honda Fit can even oversteer in certain corners with power - certainly a first for a GT game.
I just don't feel that terminal understeer of GT games of past even in FF cars

Rotating cars under brakes is achievable.

Only thing is transmission modelling and engine braking is far too weak IMO
In Asseto Corsa you can upset the car from changing gears etc, not as apparent here
Quote from CoolColJ :The tyres definitely have more bite, even compared to the Academy demo
Much more progressive - no more driving on ice feel so far (iRacing :razz

I took the X-Bow for a spin/race, and you can feel the rear end tugging around in a very controllable way

Hand brake turns feel sublime, you can feel the tyres grip sliding

Also the Honda Fit can even oversteer in certain corners with power - certainly a first for a GT game.
I just don't feel that terminal understeer of GT games of past even in FF cars

Rotating cars under brakes is achievable.

Only thing is transmission modelling and engine braking is far too weak IMO
In Asseto Corsa you can upset the car from changing gears etc, not as apparent here

Some cars are more obvious with it though, the engine braking effect is strongest from what i have tried with the M3 GT2.

It isn't strong by any means though.

The biggest improvement thats noticable over GT5 is the Suspention, the car can get easily upset by by bumps now and using the kurbs on some tracks makes you slower Bathurst is a perfect example.
Interesting there is a new patch...
got it here, first impressions:

sound pretty much the same as before.
physics, rotates a bit better post apex, but still a handful of understeer at entry most of the time.
some fps and pop up issues on some tracks.
standard cars are mixed with premiums in the garage, i hope there is clearer indication which is which.
the x-bow is beautifully modeled, so as bathrust, but the old original tracks arre a bit lacking.
license test now do something (opens online play) which is good, its also much easier (probably bad?)
a bit sad they still use their ancient game,design philosophy, like slow rubberband ai with 6 car grid in the intial races,and damn paint chips are still in.
standard cars are touched up, but i still wouldnt drive them.
the photo travel locations are worse than gt5's, things look lower res, and the only night scene has rather pool light reflection.
seems will be less of a grind this time tk earn money.
still need a usb to transfer photo to pc.
damage looks better but still very minimal and inconseqential.
still lack of tuning options.
still lots of skylines and miatas,,of course.
manual shifting with clutch still very clunky.

overall i think is pretty much what we expected.

AI has improved a bit
I had an AI go from inside to outside and overtake me on Brands Hatch
I then mis braked on the last turn and lost the race

Not bad for a Novice event AI....
This AI is usually the "rabbit" one

First replay - then from AI's point of view
none of that jittering throttle through turns like AI of old

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njqjHGdTwUM

Gran Turismo 6
(415 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG