The online racing simulator
Gran Turismo 6
(415 posts, started )
the passing car was a GT300 FTO, so the performance gap won't be that big.

I recognize that track from the Top Gear episode with the lads testing the RS4, M3 and C-Class AMG
Quote from ACCAkut :the passing car was a GT300 FTO, so the performance gap won't be that big.

I recognize that track from the Top Gear episode with the lads testing the RS4, M3 and C-Class AMG

It wasn't GT300 it was a fictional FTO Race car with around 400hp, either still its a bit faster then the Scirroco.

This doesn't bother me too much though as now that you got AI that will race properly all you got to do is find the right car to race em with.

The GT500 races wil be epic fun with a mildy tuned GT3 or GT300.
Why are AI cars so sloooooow in GT?
Looks like the final build is at the Tokyo Motor Show

Quote :Hello, just got back from the Tokyo motor show. Got to try the gran turismo 6 demo at the display . unfortunately Mr. Yamauchi was not there but I got some pretty awesome pics and videos from the demo. I'm using A stupid tablet right now and I don't have the video camera cord with me so I will upload the video and pics when I got back home (I'm in Japan if you didn't already get that)

So I waited in a line for over an hour to get 2 laps of tsukuba in the new jaguar. I spent the whole time trying to smash up a Mercedes cl600 '2000 (standard) in front of me.

I can say that the cl600 looks immaculate, Pd did an acceptional job of cleaning it up, it really looks amazing now! The jaggie window lines, wheel arches and panel gaps\lines have been improved immensely, there are next to no noticable pixelations in anything. I would of assumed it was a premium if I had not known for a fact that it's a standard.

Unfortunately the passenger and driver seats still have jaggie pixelated appearance, so we can pretty much rule out any sort of decent cockpit view for the standards. And the windows still had that dark tint to them.

Another thing they have improved on is the damage, the damage looks fantastic. There is no more morphed chassis and black scuff marks. I saw actual dents in the panels, paint scratches and broken glass windows. It looks brilliant, again pd have done an astonishing job with overhauling the damage. This combined with permanent damage, oh I can only imagine how awesome this is gonna be.

I'll get some pics uploaded when I get back home on the 29th.

That thread makes me cringe. Those kids faint on everything that's posted.
Yeah, makes perfect sense now.
What happened to the player's head?
pictures of some standard cars - they look cleaned up vs GT5

Quote from Bose321 :Yeah, makes perfect sense now.

Well to the Japanese it does, since we have all seen some of their commercials.

For the one among us who are less informed of everything on the internet.
Typical Japanese commercial
Luckily allot less weird, and actually a really funny commercial, props to the one who came up with that what.
Looks like the headlight dispersion is fixed in GT6

Let's just hope the lazy buggers also fixed it on standard cars.
Quote from CoolColJ :Looks like the headlight dispersion is fixed in GT6

Candle strength headlights really bugged me in GT5, this looks better.

I will probably be preordering, because whatever. Not expecting any miracles.
It all looks like the standard GT FFB is still there and still just as rubbish. Every video you watch it's like people are driving with d-pads not steering wheels.
Quote from sinbad :It all looks like the standard GT FFB is still there and still just as rubbish. Every video you watch it's like people are driving with d-pads not steering wheels.

what wheel do you use to play GT5?
Quote from sinbad :It all looks like the standard GT FFB is still there and still just as rubbish. Every video you watch it's like people are driving with d-pads not steering wheels.

SRF might be a cause

--

taken at the LA Auto show at the AMG stand. Most likely the final build, as Kaz was there, and tyre type is shown on the left with the tyre heat/load indicators - something we haven't seen till now

I had a shot at GT6 at the Nissan booth in the LA Auto Show. I was allowed to back out of the game and configure the T500RS they had there. Set the Steering mode to simulation, Force Feedback to 3. Turned all assists off in game.

Raced the N24 GTR around Matterhorn. Car felt pretty weighty and less on-rails than GT5. Definitely a step forward for the simulation accuracy.

However I hated the steering and force feedback with a passion. There was a large center force feedback deadzone on BOTH the wheels I used. This made it hard to place the car exactly where I wanted it because I couldn't feel where it went. It also made correcting very small slides impossible because with the steering wheel towards the center, I can't feel when the car lets go until it's too late, then the T500RS's massive force feedback kicks in at the wrong time (because the center force feedback deadzone was so annoyingly large).

I can't tell if it's the game, or the T500RS, or possibly even the TV lag. All I know is that my Driving Force Pro felt much more communicative.
Quote from CoolColJ :taken at the LA Auto show at the AMG stand. Most likely the final build, as Kaz was there, and tyre type is shown on the left with the tyre heat/load indicators - something we haven't seen till now

I was at this expo thingy about a month back, was able to test GT6 there and they already had tyre types with the heat and load indicators.. final build or not, it's been there for a few weeks atleast now
I have the T500RS and the force feedback in GT5 or GT6 doesn't feel bad at all. Sure LFS is x10000 better but even if I stop playing for months and I try it again I can drive normal and naturaly, just like if I had been playing the day before. Maybe is because I have played too much already? I dunno
Hudson Hornet

Erm... why is half the car missing?

Gran Turismo 6
(415 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG