The online racing simulator
Quote from nikopdr :
I sure do hope these are worth the hype

doing this the DIY way as usual, got a used Recaro for cheap from a friend, in good condition apart from a cigarette burn. Adapter to fix it to the (very sturdy 30 year old) chair base on the left is being made atm.
Attached images
IMG_20131106_090148_618.jpg
2x Trackmania 2 Stadium
Trackmania 2 Canyon
Trackmania 2 Valley
Quote from ACCAkut :
doing this the DIY way as usual, got a used Recaro for cheap from a friend, in good condition apart from a cigarette burn. Adapter to fix it to the (very sturdy 30 year old) chair base on the left is being made atm.

I find them to be too large and heavy seats as a seat with rolls under it, also must have fixed angle unless you don't want it to be uncomfy seat
Not my purchases per se, but I was gifted them for my recent birthday.

Manpurse for hauling university stuff:

Useless Gadget I spent much too much time with:
Not technically a purchase since it's a promotion (3-year-old promotion, I might add But it was still valid) Anyway, I have 3 months free.

I'm a big oval nut, been watching iRacing videos, and I eventually started wanting to give it a try really bad. So I couldn't have found this at a better time! Once I started racing, I see why people pay for it. Especially if you're in to ovals, there's nothing that compares to this in the circular realm.

inb4 die-hard iRacing haters
At last I got a backprotector
400 pound pc upgrade

8gb 1866 mhz

-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
I hope its enough for good simracing with my GTX470

Intel Core i5-3570K

GELID Solutions Tranquillo rev. 2

ADATA 8GB KIT DDR3 1600MHz CL9 Gaming Series 2.0

MSI Z77A-G43 GAMING
Was browsing for a keyboard / mouse combo for media center PC. This was too cool looking not to buy.

Quote from Klouczech :I hope its enough for good simracing with my GTX470

Intel Core i5-3570K

GELID Solutions Tranquillo rev. 2

ADATA 8GB KIT DDR3 1600MHz CL9 Gaming Series 2.0

MSI Z77A-G43 GAMING

May I ask you what is your actual processor? (that you use with the GTX470)

I have a I7 2600k with GTX 560ti, and looking at the usage percentage of usage of the CPU and GPU on ANY GAME I wouldn't change my 2600k to even a 4th generation extreme...

I mean, the 2600k never got to 50% usage even on games launched on 2013, but the GPU is almost always at 100% percentage at any game...

I do believe that even if I put a GTX 780ti here, the 2600k will still not use 100% on games...
Quote from Specht77 :May I ask you what is your actual processor? (that you use with the GTX470)

I have a I7 2600k with GTX 560ti, and looking at the usage percentage of usage of the CPU and GPU on ANY GAME I wouldn't change my 2600k to even a 4th generation extreme...

I mean, the 2600k never got to 50% usage even on games launched on 2013, but the GPU is almost always at 100% percentage at any game...

I do believe that even if I put a GTX 780ti here, the 2600k will still not use 100% on games...

Are we talking 100% total CPU utilisation, or per core? If so if your maxing out one core, but not all cores, getting a faster CPU will still make a difference.

(100% in Task Manager = 100% on all x cores)
Quote from Specht77 :I mean, the 2600k never got to 50% usage even on games launched on 2013, but the GPU is almost always at 100% percentage at any game...

If GPU is always at 100% it sounds like you're not using vsync anywhere.

Quote from Specht77 :I do believe that even if I put a GTX 780ti here, the 2600k will still not use 100% on games...

It doesn't really work that way, single core performance can be significantly faster in newer generations without having to stress the CPU to 100%. Not to mention the TDP efficiency which shows in the electricity bills.

What I'm wondering is why have the people above/previous page bought last gen (Z77/IB) hardware when Z87/Haswell has already been out for quite a while, were they on some massive discount or something?
Some graphs playing Crysis 3 for example...

http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/2081/59tz.jpg

And I only turn Vsync ON, at games that my GPU can go higher than 60fps, in these cases yes, the GPU will not get 100% all the time... but in games like Crysis 3, that it never get to 60fps even with medium/high graphics, I don't use Vsync, and the GPU usage you can see on the pic I posted above
Quote from Matrixi :If GPU is always at 100% it sounds like you're not using vsync anywhere.

It doesn't really work that way, single core performance can be significantly faster in newer generations without having to stress the CPU to 100%. Not to mention the TDP efficiency which shows in the electricity bills.

What I'm wondering is why have the people above/previous page bought last gen (Z77/IB) hardware when Z87/Haswell has already been out for quite a while, were they on some massive discount or something?

Coz there isnt much noticable difference and overclocking wise z77 is bettter plus the combo is cheaper and if im not mistaken 3rd gen i7 produces the same or less heat
They're both still on the same 22nm fab so there shouldn't be much difference in overclocking or power consumption (both use the shitty quality thermal paste between the heatspreader and the actual silicon die) but Haswell is slightly updated with the AVX2/FMA3 instruction set. Haswell is also on the new socket (1150) which would last you longer if you decided to get a newer CPU for the old motherboard in the future.

Over here the price difference between IB/Haswell is so tiny that you might aswell go with the Haswell, of course if there's several tens of euros on the table that might make the older generation worth it.
You sure? I can imagine a faster CPU would help me in BF3 and BF4 for example when the CPU usage on Metro with 64 players online is at 100% most of the time.

Highly recommended
Found a nice discount on Sennheiser Momentums, ear jizz.

4 of these:

Germany is a weird country - I may not use different size than it's allowed on the current wheels. Not even 1 size narrower. Well,225s on rear in my first winter with RWD car... Can only hope for good weather.
Changing to winter rubber made the car feel so soft suddenly!

Post your Last Purchase!
(7003 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG