The online racing simulator
Post your Car two
(2437 posts, started )
My original dislike stems from the average, amateur drifting crowd/people it draws/I typically run into etc.. who unlike you, many times like to claim it as a proper motorsport. (among other related BS) Obviously that's part of what you've got going for you, that you know it's not. Also yes, I've played around in the snow, dirt & gravel and enjoyed it. If I had any chance of getting into some type of off-road racing, I'm sure I would. Outside of such, no, I'm not interested. (and yes, I find turning platforms with excellent cornering performance from the factory, into drifters, sad)

There we go
:d:d::dd:d::d:d:d::d:d:d:d:d:dddd:dd:ddd:d:d:dd:d:dd
Get rid of that L as soon as possible!
Quote from kamkorPL :
To sum up, enjoy your love for cars and share passion with others. And please don't waste energy hating something that other people love, just because you don't understand or enjoy it.

Amen.

Wall of texts seed of truth

Quote from Torolol :Bad community, shitty people. For car building/driving hobby best is to have an interesting car, and most bmw's is the least interesting ones..

So you're saying a W201 is an original and an interesting car in finland?
And its community is not filled with prejucided people?
READ: MB is the best car in the world and everything else is shit?
There is Toyota, VW, Peugeot and then there are cars = MB
And do you mean swag bmw's?
http://lvs.fi/2013/10/15/kolaa-ja-suolaa/ (Don't mind about the text, the pics will suffice)

NOT wanting to start another 2 page fight here, but to me, your post is way too onesided. And no, i don't drive a BMW.

--------------------------------------

Well, uh. To sum it up. No, im not saying i dont like your car. It is different.
W201 is, just a common car..
Second, i just meant that even though bmw is known for its douchey community, it doesn't mean they are just, shit.
We have both here, raped w201's and e36's equally bad
Both brands have their ups and downs.
Bmw=douches MB=cocky bastards who think mercedes is the only right car
uh. In no part I said mb is any good, I'm a hater of mb myself and never even thought I would buy something like that. But the car is not going to be your original w201, I doubt much originality will be left but the looks. My mercedes=/=not your usual mercedes if you can even call it one anymore, so you can't even put that in the sentence you brought up.
For radical example, guy hating prius and it's community, he goes and buy one just to build something entirely different out of it and giving the finger to the community.
I don't know where you live, and I don't care, but in southern finland there isn't any more scene with mercedes than other cars excluding bmw. There are significantly more ultimate bmw fanboys here.

If you still don't get my context, then I'm not going to even bother trying to explain it to you.

This all, being my opinion. If you don't like it, then don't care about it. Some people like priuses too, there's lots of different opinions.
Hey guys, I bought a Citroën Xsara 1.6 VTS yesterday, and since this is my first experience with a french car, there's a gauge I don't really understand.

I do understand one of them being a rev counter, but the one which looks like a dripping hose :

I hope one of you can help out.
isn't it oil temp?
I think he's trolling... if not... water temp or oil temp... check owners manual.

HUEHUEHUE....:sadbanana
Nope, no troll here..

got this pos for less than money is worth, so no matter what, Shitroën or not, it's a good buy.
Dunno why you have that weird symbol but it's definitely the oil temp...

It doesn't have to be oil temp, it could be fuel/100km, but I don't see any use of a gauge that doesn't have any numbers on it (or a red area). Also, the Xsara my dad had some time ago (it was 1.4 model) didn't have that gauge. And I don't know why people hate on Citroens because they are pretty good reasonably priced cars.
iirc and probably depending on year that gauge is for oil level and then pressure or temperature, I think when you switch it on it will go up and down, up to the oil level and then return to give pressure or temp.
Well, see what it does.

If it's oil pressure, it will go high when engine is cold and will drop after. Only when driving it should go up when on throttle and just go back when releasing.
If it was water or oil temp it (obviously) should raise and stay at some point unless it gets too hot

I do find it strange that there aren't any numbers, could've told you allot more though..
It tells you how much oil the engine is dripping out or burning
Why did you do that?
Quote from Scrabby :Well, see what it does.

If it's oil pressure, it will go high when engine is cold and will drop after. Only when driving it should go up when on throttle and just go back when releasing.
If it was water or oil temp it (obviously) should raise and stay at some point unless it gets too hot

I do find it strange that there aren't any numbers, could've told you allot more though..

I think there is a lit scale just below (well not a scale, just an amber arc with a red part at the end). I used to have a 306 with the same sort of thing.
It measures how turned on your girlfriend is when driving fast.
well I found out it was how much oil that was in the engine, it only works when on full ignition...

Very clever indeed
Quote from Dennis93 :well I found out it was how much oil that was in the engine, it only works when on full ignition...

Very clever indeed

Silly french cars. Wake up one morning, start car. Engine ceases. No oil.
Quote from BlueFlame :Silly french cars. Wake up one morning, start car. Engine ceases. No oil.

?
When you got to ignition:ON the leds illuminate and the needle goes up to indicate the oil level, at least that's how it worked on my 306. Mine also had a temperature scale, though, which is how it functioned with the engine on. It's not like it could give an accurate oil level reading whilst the engine is running.

So really in your situation it would be "Wake up one morning, ignition on, oh dear I've been really stupid and left the sump plug out. Don't start car, engine doesn't "cease", slip and break wrist when you get out of the car".
Well Dennis said it only worked when on full ignition, and I'm assuming he means that's when the engine is running. So if you need to run the engine to know if there's oil or not it could be too late.

Well that's what I was getting at. Obviously it's not the case that you'd have to start the motor first but you know... french cars.. you just don't know..
he ment key on by full ignition. usually u have position 1(for radio and cig lighter) pos 2 (key on) pos 3 (start)
Yeah sorry for any misunderstanding, but I never thought 'Full ignition' meant 'Engine running'.
Quote from Dennis93 :Yeah sorry for any misunderstanding, but I never thought 'Full ignition' meant 'Engine running'.

It doesn't afaik. If someone says to you "turn on the ignition" you don't actually start the engine.

Post your Car two
(2437 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG