The online racing simulator
Quote from WhizzkidOne :Has anyone tried this with a ATI 4850 or similar?

Don't want to get it just yet if it won't run on my system.

Thanks

I've got two of them. Runs sweeeeeet at 1440p.
I'm quite positive about it, played for a couple of hours this evening. I still don't think the FFB is quite there, the single seater quickly begins to feel floppety once you break the rear away. Even little slides become tricky and it's quite easy to over-correct if you trust the FFB. In fact it's at those small steering angles where I think it's at its weakest, but it's not really that off-putting.

Otherwise it's really good. The little Abarth is fun, the e30 is exactly as soft and slippery as I'd hoped it would be, and it's generally good.

Sound levels are a little weird. The V8 in the M3 makes a thunderous noise from miles away in a replay, I don't think it's quite EU regulation spec.

Also, rather than the fancy cutomisable HUD, how about just letting me see all the game-options? That might actually be of some use!

Anyone know if I can turn the dust off somehow? That's going to make Online a no-go for a lot of people, or at least me, the FPS hit is pretty drastic.
Thanks guys.

I'll give it a go in the morning.
Quote from Fordman :So you are paying £30 to be Beta Tester's and end up with the finished product for free....is that what you are saying?

Says the man who put £12 credit in his account ready for s3

Only joking mate, I haven't bought it yet but very tempted. Look at this way fordie we've all done pretty much the same with LFS and that was £24 very well spent
-
(ImudilaSkyline) DELETED by ImudilaSkyline
Is there a non steam version?
Quote from WhizzkidOne :Has anyone tried this with a ATI 4850 or similar?

Don't want to get it just yet if it won't run on my system.

Thanks

I have a 4890 in my system (more specs below) and the performance isn't great, but it's certainly playable. At 1080p I've been getting between 70 and 110 or so fps with V-Sync turned off. That's with basically all the eye candy (AA/AF etc) turned off or at the lowest settings. My best advice would be to try out the Tech Preview, if you can (you need an existing Netkar Pro license). If you can run the Tech Preview decently well the Early Access should be better. Of course, neither of these have other cars on track, so you can expect when they get added (either in the form of multiplayer or AI) you'll take a performance hit from those.

CPU: Intel Q9450 @ 2.66GHz
Motherboard: ASUS P5K-E
GPU: XFX ATi 4890
RAM: 4GB GSkill DDR2
SSD: 128GB Samsung 830
Ok, also I wonder how my GTX650 ti boost with quad core 2.1 ghz processor would fair with FPS?

Quote :FFB... is hugely dependend on FPS (once you get under 100 FPS there is a lot of input lag)
Sounds are not good

from iRacing forum

Any truth in that? Should I not bother as I max LFS out at 100....
looks.. what about feel?
I will say this : performance is DEFINITELY better in both smoothness and quality compared with the tech demo.
Haven't you tried the preview or something? I'm pretty sure it indicates how it runs and feels like...
Mehhhhhhh

Stupid country.

Can't buy anymore when it's an international transfer billed in my currency. Like... Steam.

Other options takes days to complete the buying procedure. And it's weekend...

Quote from de Souza :Mehhhhhhh

Stupid country.

Can't buy anymore when it's an international transfer billed in my currency. Like... Steam.

Other options takes days to complete the buying procedure. And it's weekend...

Do you have anything like PayPal to send cash to me? I wouldn't mind gifting it on steam to you.
Quote from Bose321 :Do you have anything like PayPal to send cash to me? I wouldn't mind gifting it on steam to you.

Yes, but I already payed through my bank. Gotta wait now...

Thanks anyway.
A few people are forgetting aswell that we are getting fortnightly builds with new cars, tracks and features, so hopefully AI and MP won't take too long, although I'm perfectly happy turning laps just now.
i5 2.5k 8gb ram, 6870 (1gb ddr5) 2048*1152
Does somone run smthing like this?
wondering can i run stabile 80+fps ...
Quote from undertaker00 :i5 2.5k 8gb ram, 6870 (1gb ddr5) 2048*1152

I run something similar, 550ti with same processor and same ram but with 1400x900 and it runs fine a very stable 90~ fps actually.
Quote from Bmxtwins :Any truth in that? Should I not bother as I max LFS out at 100....

This was a problem with the tech preview and apparently it was fixed since then. "Unfortunately" I can't really tell as my FPS hovers around the 100 mark anyway, but there's no discernable input lag for me.
Quote from undertaker00 :i5 2.5k 8gb ram, 6870 (1gb ddr5) 2048*1152

Same config, but running the game at 1920*1200 - I get anything between 100-200 FPS, with everything turned down to low/off (who needs eye candy, right?). It still looks more than decent tho! ^^

I am in the process of replacing the 6870 with a 7870XT - I tried the tech.prev. with the 7870, and it was able to produce playable framerate with all things maxed out! ^^ Unfortunately I had to RMA the card, so for the time being I'm back to the 6870.
I love the no frills visuals, clear and not to stupidly overdone
Attached images
Clipboard01.jpg
Clipboard02.jpg
Not expecting high, but will a GTX 765M handle mid settings, or must I run low before getting back to my desktops?
I don't think these E30 suspension arms would pass the MOT...
Attached images
2013-11-09_00006.jpg
2013-11-09_00012.jpg
I have i5 2.5GHz + Nvidia GT 635M and had 40-50 fps on medium-ish settings with FullHD resolution in tech demo. Apparently graphics are a bit optimised since then,so guess yourself. Can't download the 3GB file for this one,so can't comment anything useful.
My thoughts after 2 hours (1 hour last night, somewhat tired and drunk, and one hour this morning)

The game looks drop-dead-gorgeous. I am running consistent 55-60fps, on all high detail settings, medium AA. The AA needs work, lots of jaggies here and there and the game needs a gamma slider. I find the game right now to be too bright, everything looks white-washed almost, they need to darken it slightly and bring in more depth in the environment colours, maybe reduce some reflections. Even with these issues, I still think it looks great, and will be absolutely phenominal with some tweaks, and some adjust ability.

The sound is decent and I love the little details that LFS so desperately lacks. The cars sound somewhat flat but the little touches from the environment help with the immersion: you can hear people working in the pits with the crowd in the background, when you drive slowly on the track, you can ever so slightly hear the horns and cheers of the crowd (not quite realistic in a solo practice...but great for race weekends), when you run wide off the track, the the next straight you can hear the grinding and rattles of pebbles bouncing around inside the car and under-tray, and when you hit a hard curb you can hear just the grinding and clunking of metallic mechanical parts crunching...it sounds like you just mashed a big metal machine into a huge boulder.

The driving physics feel pretty good (I have not driven all the cars yet), but the Lotus 49 reminds me so much of my times playing GPL, that super floaty, slippy yet fast and ravage beast. The Ferrari is also a pure beast. The old M3 feels like a more civilized XRT, and the new one feels powerful yet soft and squishy. The Force-feedback seems inconsistent to me, it feels quite numb most of the time then randomly tries to rip the wheel out of my hands, especially in a slide, i think the feedback should be more gradual to let you feel the car break loose...right now, you don't feel it in the wheel until the car is gone. I am also struggling with the input feel, I am not getting input lag but the input is very non-linear, very numb in the middle, then extreme inputs the more I turn. I like a very linear input, and I find this game to be very non-linear and there is no adjustment in the game that I can find.

Overall, it still needs some polish. But there is a great foundation at work here, they just need to clean it up. They need to address the AA, they need to address some UI configuration (wheel linearity, gamma), they need to liven up the car sounds, but the car physics feels very believable (I have never driven any of these cars or tracks in real life, so I have little to base my opinion off of, but it feels believable). I love LFS because I understand why things work well or why they go wrong. When I played NR2003, I would be left after so many crashes not understanding why I just crashed, watch the replay and still not understand why the car spun. I spent so much time in NR2003 saying "where is the car going, why is it doing this?", in LFS I always understand why things were happening, why i spun, why the car is doing something...AC has that same feeling, I know why I spun, I know where I made my mistake, next lap I make a correction and the car makes the corner better.

I have not played in the Logitech profiler yet nor have I fiddled with Catalyst Control center so improvements may be found there

The modding support will give the game near infinite life, if the multiplayer is good, this could easily become the unstoppable juggernaut in the sim-racing genre.

Specs
CPU: i7-2600k
RAM: 8Gig
GPU: Radeon HD6880
Wheel: G25

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG