The online racing simulator
Quote from dawesdust_12 :But Phil! If they slow down, they will be less likely to crash! Then the NASCAR fans will riot because a crash hasn't happened in 3 laps!

There was 3 cautions the entire race, 1 for a blown motor, 1 for jpm wrecking at same time as ambrose and 1 for posers wreck. They should be disapointed cuz the race was shite.
The race was great, anyone that says it wasn't is just proving to everyone else that they think that the race == the finish.
Quote from JackDaMaster :The race was great, anyone that says it wasn't is just proving to everyone else that they think that the race == the finish.

Since when has any super speedway race been 'great'?

It's basically just velodrome cycling, but without the human ability bit that's... kinda crucial to sport to be honest.
Tandem drafting is fun to watch at the very least. I understand its more dangerous, but so is iceskating.
Quote from JackDaMaster :The race was great, anyone that says it wasn't is just proving to everyone else that they think that the race == the finish.

the whole race was follow the leader it was shit. the finish was leading up to a crazy one until poser wrecked.
If anyone is pissed about the caution, it's just because they're angry that we didn't get to see what was probably going to be a brilliant finish. I mean once they went single file with ~10 to go it was clear the only action was going to happen with half a lap to go, right where it ended.

What a cocktease.
Quote from Rappa Z :If anyone is pissed about the caution, it's just because they're angry that we didn't get to see what was probably going to be a brilliant finish. I mean once they went single file with ~10 to go it was clear the only action was going to happen with half a lap to go, right where it ended.

What a cocktease.

well we all wanted junebug to win.
But then the ****ing Herb crashed
Quote from Mustangman759 :the whole race was follow the leader it was shit. the finish was leading up to a crazy one until poser wrecked.

??????????????????????????????????? I don't know what race you were watching but the only follow the leader was in the last 8 laps. How can you have an 'epic finish' when the whole field is in single file with half a lap to go and it takes 5 laps to go anywhere unless you are in the top 3. Stupid drivers need to remember that this isn't 35mph tandem advantage anymore.
Quote from JackDaMaster :??????????????????????????????????? I don't know what race you were watching but the only follow the leader was in the last 8 laps. How can you have an 'epic finish' when the whole field is in single file with half a lap to go and it takes 5 laps to go anywhere unless you are in the top 3. Stupid drivers need to remember that this isn't 35mph tandem advantage anymore.

Frankly I prefer the tandem racing when it can be utilised correctly. I still think its pathetic we limit the speed to about 200, id rather see them up the speed to like 210 or 215 in a test and see what it does.
I hve a better idea - lets fine them for not giving their all in the race and not bumpdrafting, since NASCAR required drivers to give 100%.
Concluded: Matt Kingsbury did not watch the race.
Quote from PMD9409 :Concluded: Matt Kingsbury did not watch the race.

Well it's America. He had to spend a few hours going to Walmart and buying a nice handgun. Then he forgot ammo. By the time he got home, the race was over. He then proceeded to drink beers and then throw them and shoot at them. Like a redneck version of clay pigeons.
He can't do any of that stuff, he's like 12.
Quote from PMD9409 :He can't do any of that stuff, he's like 12.

But America. 2nd amendment. Walmart would be violating the constitution to prevent 12 year olds from buying guns! UNCONSTITUTIONAL I TELL YOU!
Quote from PMD9409 :Concluded: Matt Kingsbury did not watch the race.

Well I did Q for GTWS other than that I watched the whole thing, and nearly fell asleep. But I am 12 because I hate pack racing... K even danica can do it, hell even michael waltrip could do it. Lets make it interesting already
This was possibly one of the best plate races in a long time. The end of the race was very disappointing, but still much better than the end to last year's race .

So long as the cars remain the way that they are at the plate tracks, I don't think there is anything to worry about... other than drivers running out of tallent like Dillon . There would have been a strong battle for the lead had the caution not come out, and that's all that should be expected at a plate track. If 15 people can win in the final lap, the entire rest of the race is almost pointless. There becomes a point where passing is too easy.

Also, what on Earth was Danica thinking?! she blew through the entry to pit lane and then, because of her crazy high rate of speed, flies past her pit stall. She comes around to serivce her car, and then has to come back in and make a pass through penalty .
Quote from dawesdust_12 :But America. 2nd amendment. Walmart would be violating the constitution to prevent 12 year olds from buying guns! UNCONSTITUTIONAL I TELL YOU!

Yes and all Canadian's live in shacks and sleep with bears...
Quote from Mustangman759 :Frankly I prefer the tandem racing when it can be utilised correctly. I still think its pathetic we limit the speed to about 200, id rather see them up the speed to like 210 or 215 in a test and see what it does.
I hve a better idea - lets fine them for not giving their all in the race and not bumpdrafting, since NASCAR required drivers to give 100%.

IMO, remove the plates, BUT find a way to limit the cars top speed. Obviously going 240 like Rusty did in that Nextel test is absurd, but 205-210 is IMO the upper limit as far as top speed goes.

However, somebody else on another board came out with the cars and tracks are infinitely safer so they can go faster argument. That grinds my gears. Yes the cars and tracks are safer.....but drivers still get hurt or worse around the word. Racing isn't ever 100% safe (nor will it ever be). Just because the cars are safer doesn't mean they should run 240 or 250 or whatever they'd run without plates. That's asking for trouble. Carl Edwards got into the fence WITH the plates and we all know how fast they were running in 09.

Bobby Allison went into the fence unrestricted. That was with 1987 cars and tech, running at around 215. Now imagine what the cars would do with today's tech, running 220-230?

Remebmer, Rusty went 230mph in 2004 in a private test and said the radio cut out at that speed (I think it was), nine years on and we have an uglier car but a faster car due to tech advances. 200-210 is as fast as they need to go.
Quote from Mustangman759 :Well I did Q for GTWS other than that I watched the whole thing, and nearly fell asleep. But I am 12 because I hate pack racing... K even danica can do it, hell even michael waltrip could do it. Lets make it interesting already

DE3 must have been terrible in your eyes then.

Quote from DieKolkrabe :IMO, remove the plates, BUT find a way to limit the cars top speed. Obviously going 240 like Rusty did in that Nextel test is absurd, but 205-210 is IMO the upper limit as far as top speed goes.

However, somebody else on another board came out with the cars and tracks are infinitely safer so they can go faster argument. That grinds my gears. Yes the cars and tracks are safer.....but drivers still get hurt or worse around the word. Racing isn't ever 100% safe (nor will it ever be). Just because the cars are safer doesn't mean they should run 240 or 250 or whatever they'd run without plates. That's asking for trouble. Carl Edwards got into the fence WITH the plates and we all know how fast they were running in 09.

Bobby Allison went into the fence unrestricted. That was with 1987 cars and tech, running at around 215. Now imagine what the cars would do with today's tech, running 220-230?

Remebmer, Rusty went 230mph in 2004 in a private test and said the radio cut out at that speed (I think it was), nine years on and we have an uglier car but a faster car due to tech advances. 200-210 is as fast as they need to go.

Going 210 in the current cars would produce the same racing as now. The only reason it was so great in the 80s when going 220-240 is because they lacked so much downforce and were not able to always take corners flat out. It made the drivers actually have to drive the car instead of just cruise around. Now with all the downforce, and the tires being rock solid (which they'd have to be if you don't want plates), then it would be exactly like now but at a higher speed which would be terrible.
Quote from DieKolkrabe :IMO, remove the plates, BUT find a way to limit the cars top speed. Obviously going 240 like Rusty did in that Nextel test is absurd, but 205-210 is IMO the upper limit as far as top speed goes.

A daytona prototype just set the oval lap record a few days ago... So probably. @phil when your running in another cars draft you won't have as much downforce, they need to make it so they can use the bumpers but not so its a tandem fest...
Quote from Mustangman759 :@phil when your running in another cars draft you won't have as much downforce, they need to make it so they can use the bumpers but not so its a tandem fest...

Decreased yes, but still plenty.
yes, but if they make it fast enough or enough decreased downforce then we can have what I would consider could racing in a pack.

2013 NASCAR Thread for the Rednecks
(1309 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG