The online racing simulator
Gran Turismo 6
(415 posts, started )
Maybe it's a hint by Kaz about motorbikes in GT6....

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/ ... mo-6s-director-talks.aspx

Quote :Will Tourist Trophy return for GT 6?
I can't say no. [Laughter]

----

Quote from LVracerGT :Here's a video I took while I was at Silverstone for GT Academy. If you look closely you can see how the car reacts during weight transitions and you can definitely feel it through the wheel. The physics on this build were 10x better than even the GT Academy demo. Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?f ... mbedded&v=y2NG1AQSeng

Quote :Yes, it was on the Thrustmaster T500. That build of GT6 was some of the best physics I have experienced. The dynamics of the car feel completely new. If you watch closely in that video at 2:34 when the car transitions during the switchback you can actually see the body roll go from one side to the other and you can see the suspension squat or "plant" before rebounding and stabilizing.

The car actually felt heavy through the wheel. Even though that run was relatively smooth, I felt like I was wrestling the car the whole time. But when I was in the GT86 for example, it was much easier to throw the car and it felt more responsive. In other words, heavier cars feel heavy but in an entirely new way with the way weight transition and suspension is modeled.

That run was also on Comfort Hards, and man let me tell you how good the new tire physics feel. The forward bite is so much better, it no longer feels like you're on ice. The grip loss when the car gets sideways feels amazing. One of the coolest things was being out on track during the GT Academy and going back into racecamp and practicing techniques you just learned and having it feel near identical.

---

edit - first Bathurst gameplay at Expo in Sydney

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... p;feature=player_embedded

Quote :It's really hard to give a solid answer without having a racing background and only having two nervous laps under my belt. If you look over at my YT channel there is a video of my driving it in my normal road car, I'll tell you the track feels a lot bigger when you're on it.

But that is highly likely a product of me driving it in a mid-size Hyundai at 60 km/h rather than a GT3 car at 100. I've raced Bathurst on rFactor, GRiD, Project CARS and Simbin's 'RaceRoom' game and I'll say that Polyphony's version is easily better than rFactor's and GRiD's.. and I'm going to say it beats Simbin's and CARS's too. The attention to detail of the scenery and landmarks (as someone who has visited the track multiple times in real life) and even most of the signage is spot on and the road-side buildings look like they've been given the same love and care as those at Silverstone.

Mt. Panorama is a public road and therefore has houses and farms dotted along it, and I'm not entirely sure those are present but I doubt even iRacing will be able to include things like that.

The big drop at Skyline where the track starts to go downhill again is scary as hell, as it should be. Even going down that thing at legal-speed is unnerving.

About to play it at bathurst now at a games expo, we will see if there is much update since gt academy.
Ok, after having 2 laps around the mountain in a BMW Z4 GT3, this is what i can tell you, the track is much more narrow then any other interpretation of Bathurst i have ever seen and gives the actual impression you are driving on a country road.

The track is a real drivers track and is very easy to make mistakes, think of it like Spa and Monaco combined into one, this is the most detailed track i think PD have made so far as there is very notable surface changes in the track.

Also if you think Overtakes are going to be easy you will be gladly mistaken, even on conrod the narrowness is like the nordshliefe, you have to trust the driver your overtaking will stay to their side if you plan to make a move there.
Needed more force feedback to judge the car though(the G27 that was there had the lowest feedback setting and they wouldn't let me change it, I did however manage to get all the aids off before they saw me fiddling with it), but when i was able to read it, the BMW felt very composed I can feel its quite balanced.

This Model of Bathurst is very much to a simulator standard I will tell you that now, those that want a challenging track will like this.
I think the pd laser scanned tranks have been pretty god so far. Spa was really good job, Suzuka is really good as well. Fuji is a bit bland track but the track shape is probably very correct, Tsukuba is nice as well and so are Nürburgring and the 'ring and so forth. Probably the only average track is the daytona road course. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if Bathurst was really good as well.

I have to say I really hope pd creates more of their own tracks for gt6 as well. Dropping some of the old gt fantasy circuits is not a good decision.

I'm still very much undecided whether to get gt6 or not. It looks more like a patch to gt5 than a true gt6 so far. The physics stuff is nice but the sounds are still horrible, the car selection is old and hard to use, the ai is just a complete joke and the a-spec needs major innovation to get even close to forza as a game.

Let's see.
Agreed about the fantasy circuits, some of which are quite iconic for the series, and also simply good tracks in their own right, real or not it makes no difference.

I'll probably get it. I only buy a handful of games each year so given how much I did actually play GT5, despite it not being particularly good, I might as well buy 6. I wish they'd scale back the car details a bit though, and improve it graphically where it actually matters. Feckn photomode....
Layouts were ok but the physics were so wrong on the fantasy circuiuts in GT5, like completely different, very arcade, compared to real ones.. Could be just me but that's how it felt.
@fantasy tracks: some of them have to be dropped, to make way for few of the 500 Nissans...
Quote from Boris Lozac :Layouts were ok but the physics were so wrong on the fantasy circuiuts in GT5, like completely different, very arcade, compared to real ones.. Could be just me but that's how it felt.

I didn't feel like that, physics weren't excellent anywhere really, and certainly I never noticed a difference which approached the difference between online and offline. I could accept that some tracks were too smooth, but actual physics differences? No, I don't think so, that would be totally pointless too.
What put me off a few tracks in GT5 was the low-rent graphics, although Laguna Seca was the worst by far, so not just the old fantasy tracks, many of which were good.
Could be the online then, cause i had some races on a server that had only fantasy tracks.. It was like one of those mobile games physics wise..
Online had the weight of the fuel factored in.

Well we don't know much of anything in GT6, the game isn't finished yet, they are scrambling to get systems done!
They have another month before it goes gold.

PD have been fairly secretive this time around
Quote from Hyperactive :I think the pd laser scanned tranks have been pretty god so far. Spa was really good job, Suzuka is really good as well. Fuji is a bit bland track but the track shape is probably very correct, Tsukuba is nice as well and so are Nürburgring and the 'ring and so forth. Probably the only average track is the daytona road course. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if Bathurst was really good as well.

I have to say I really hope pd creates more of their own tracks for gt6 as well. Dropping some of the old gt fantasy circuits is not a good decision.

I'm still very much undecided whether to get gt6 or not. It looks more like a patch to gt5 than a true gt6 so far. The physics stuff is nice but the sounds are still horrible, the car selection is old and hard to use, the ai is just a complete joke and the a-spec needs major innovation to get even close to forza as a game.

Let's see.

Who honestly plays GT for the offline aspect anymore.

I mean in forza its only required as the people online are just ****ed.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Could be the online then, cause i had some races on a server that had only fantasy tracks.. It was like one of those mobile games physics wise..

skid force was on?

I don't feel a physics change from different tracks.
There was a demo station with Bathurst at Harvey Norman (Bathurst)
Seems physics are quite different in this build

Quote :The guys that played it had a far go. One guy got his car well up on 2 wheels going threw turn one

Quote :Hey glad to see someone on here was there!
I work there, I ended up having about a 20min go. Looks & feels really good!
Track doesn't feel tight while racing but we were only doing time trials without any other cars.
The sony rep who brought it was taking it back after close & said he didn't know if there was any stall for it up at the mountain this weekend.
No one got a copy of it, The winner of the comp is getting a copy of GT6...when it gets released. I took a couple of videos of the guys racing & will try & upload them in the next few days!

Quote :I hit the curbs too hard a few times & rolled aswell.
The brakes felt a lot different to GT5 & even the GT academy demo, all aids were off except abs on 1 & felt like it was locking the rears on hard braking. Felt very different but a big improvement I think.

Looks like there might be some king of Ayrton Senna career mode thing in GT6

Kaz at Brazil game show doing some presentation
omfg I must get this game now.
CoolCol's excitement is contagious..
sarcasm
No I literally don't think it's that big of deal.
Quote from Chrisuu01 :No I literally don't think it's that big of deal.

My original caption on the video was meant to be sarcastic

Gran Turismo 6
(415 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG