The online racing simulator
Fox is reporting that MWR will allow Truex to go if they fail to obtain sponsorship.

In any event, I'm settling in and ready for a relaxing night in front of the TV for the Arca race at Kentucky

Edit: Never mind.. rained out . Also, don't get too excited about Sunday's Sprint Cup race until Monday afternoon
that RPM cup pitcrew didnt really help lajoie lol
Wow awesome job by Blaney! Such composure, I cannot wait for him to showup the big guns.
Blaney is a tallent, that is for sure

Looks like the weather in Loudon, NH cleared out a little early, and the race will be good to go on time today without a threat of rain
Man, JGR definitely isn't a sleeper in the chase this year (so far)
Kurt Busch will be in the #41 next year with SHR.
Brian Scott will drive the #33 at Charlotte (for RCR, not Circle Sport)
Not one of the tools?
Quote from PMD9409 :http://www.mrn.com/Race-Series ... on-Schedule-Shake-Up.aspx

What I had figured, but not hoped for. Seems like NASCAR is very bland any more. Maybe that has something to do with the decline in TV ratings.

"Bland" things in NASCAR
  • Sprint Cup Series Schedule (and Nationwide mostly)
  • Wondering if the race will go green the rest of the way (it won't if there's more than 45 min. left)
  • Typically, the first 3/4 of the race (there will be more cautions and easy ways to return to the lead lap because of the former point)
  • Half the drivers
  • The tracks (mostly the mile and a half race tracks)
  • Aerodynamics (let's face it, the leader takes off. Hopefully this round of Charlotte testing is to fix that, but I doubt it)
  • The cars (while this has improved with Gen-6, they still basically have the same dimensions)
I love auto-racing, and NASCAR is my favorite form, but there are some very clear issues not being addressed.
Dale Jr. looks strong this weekend. He was fast again in practice
And then he burned up his right front
there will be a new voice on the ESPN on ABC broadcasts next season. ESPN has confirmed that they have released Play-by-Play commentator Marty Reid effective immediately. Allen Bestwick takes over the rest of the Nationwide Series broadcasts for this season. The new Play-by-play commentator for ESPN on ABC's IndyCar broadcasts will be announced at a later date.

Posted in both NASCAR and Indycar threads because it affects both.
Quote from Gougoodthing :there will be a new voice on the ESPN on ABC broadcasts next season. ESPN has confirmed that they have released Play-by-Play commentator Marty Reid effective immediately. Allen Bestwick takes over the rest of the Nationwide Series broadcasts for this season. The new Play-by-play commentator for ESPN on ABC's IndyCar broadcasts will be announced at a later date.

Posted in both NASCAR and Indycar threads because it affects both.

No way they fired him after his small mistake. He just sucks ;d
Never liked Marty Reid, and I think Bestwick does a pretty good job. Not mad about this at all.
In his defense, Texas and Charlotte are the same track.
Not really, Texas is a fine track and Charlotte is a piece of shit (according to my experience in iR anyway)
My favorite line, "Winning Indy 400 Driver Dale Jarrett and winning indy 400 crew chief... I know what your name is"
Quote from JackDaMaster :Not really, Texas is a fine track and Charlotte is a piece of shit (according to my experience in iR anyway)

Good measure of accuracy, especially since apparently Chicagoland has oil slicks in turn 2 and 4
Guys, we all know that Lowes Motor Speedway was the best. Too bad they killed it.
Lets see how many people catch that I'm being intentionally ridiculous.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Guys, we all know that Lowes Motor Speedway was the best. Too bad they killed it.

That's Atlanta, only substitute "the best" with "unique"
Yeah it's a shame they tore the original Charlotte down to build Lowe's and then tore Lowe's down too to bring another new charlotte back.

2013 NASCAR Thread for the Rednecks
(1309 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG