The online racing simulator
Quote from UncleBenny :I hope Clint gets put in the wall every single race.

And here is where a NASCAR fan differs from every other motorsport fan in the world.

If I had my way NASCAR would be much cleaner than it is now. For example Jeff would have been banned for the final race and put on probation for 6 months for what he did to Clint at Phoenix. Probation until the end of the year was a pathetic penalty. (Also Clint would have been penalised for snookering them at Martinsville).

Obviously MWR deserved the penalties, but NASCAR could have thought through it better instead of just coming up with some shit penalties as soon as possible. The only two penalties that they gave that were just were the fine and the probation for Ty Norris.

I hope Clint wins on the basis that NASCAR ****ed up his penalty
It was a point penalty, not a reappointment of Newman to the chase. It just so worked out that is what happened. Obviously that was the intent behind the penalty, but it could've been a 2 point penalty and had the same effect.

On that note I am glad Mark Martin wasn't driving the 55 car because he would've definitely made a huge stink and made a fool out of MWR after the race, but Vickers doesn't have the chance to do that because he needs the ride.
Quote from PMD9409 :Now the Ford teams are being looked at, notably 22 and 38.

Here: http://racing.ap.org/article/d ... ike-deal-get-logano-chase

Next thing they'll be penalising people for letting your teammate past so they can lead a lap.

Has anyone got the final points before chase seeding? A non-excessive point penalty, if it were to occur (it shouldn't), could theoretically put Joey and Kasey in the WC spots and knock Newman out again. What a mess that would be.
logano would still get a wild card spot, and just kick newman back out... so it would be Gordon in on points, Logano, Newman
Quote from Mustangman759 :logano would still get a wild card spot, and just kick newman back out... so it would be Gordon in on points, Logano, Newman

And Gordon sure does NOT deserve that chase spot. 11th in the chase last year and he is running even worse this year. As much as the members of r/jeffgordoncirclejerk disagree, Joey deserves the spot.

edit: AND even without the extra point Joey got, Joey would still be 10th because Jeff would lose the tie-breaker.

also

Lol
I'm a Gordon fan but I'm mixed on this. I mean if it is true that Logano's team paid for the position or whatever then he should be penalized. He didn't just let him by, they made it worth Gilliland's while. I think the Brian Vickers pitting penalty bs is silly because he didnt get paid, but I guess they are just using that as extra evidence against bowyer
NASCAR never has been consistant with penalties. This should change with the 2014 Rulebook that will have exact penalties for certain infractions.

This whole thing has been a mess though. In the end it will only hurt NASCAR as a whole.

That being said, I like the self-policed system as far as racing incidents. Intentional crashing probably isn't the right thing, but something like what happened at Bristol and California this year is great. Race people the way they have raced you in the past. I'm not wanting anybody to get hurt of course. That was the only downfall of that instance.

I think NASCAR is against saying anything about Bowyer spinning to cause a caution direclty because they themselves do a similar thing. They just blame debris. . They have little credability in my mind due to that already. NASCAR should focus on producing a fair race rather than an exciting race. The fake debris caution last week made the racing less exciting than it previously was anyways I thought.
Lol I agree, but some of it needed to be said.
From Knoxville straight to Talladega
and then to martinsville lol
That would at least be fair.
how much ganja is dunlap on recently?
lol NASCAR pls.
atleast they didn't remove Logano. It was Bowyer who caused all the drama in the whole thing. Then again I think he won't win if some drivers get near him.
Looks like this will be the first Monday race of the year.
Damn is it raining?
Yeah.. if they do race today, it will probably be a night race..
Only took about 10 hours to finish, but really enjoyed the race today/tonight.

2013 NASCAR Thread for the Rednecks
(1309 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG