The online racing simulator
What do you know? AJ finally put a W in the books Onto another day of NASCAR road racing. I love it

Owens Kelly in the 54 was worse than a young Kyle Busch though.. The Nationwide races on the road are always FULL of inexperiance. If not on road courses, then it's in the cars, and I still don't know what is worse.
Owen Kelly ain't a rookie, just hungry.

Fun race at RA, like always.
Papis lol
It's nice of TNT to show some racing in the middle of all these commercials!
Grats to Martin!
Quote from PMD9409 :Grats to Martin!

I really do think that this will be his first of many now that MWR is strong.. if he doesn't keep throwing good runs away at the ovals
Quote from Cornys :I really do think that this will be his first of many now that MWR is strong.. if he doesn't keep getting robbed by a late caution or some other crap

ftfy
I really did not expect that. I thought the road course vets would do good. Ie ambrose, and the kurt and clint would be good. Good win tho by dinger and martin. Montoya either cannot drive like he used to or the EGR cars just suck balls.
EGR in general seem to suck balls, which is a shame because I'm a massive Jamie fan
EGR cars are 10-15 placed cars every race at best, when they are above that any week its like a win. JPM was in 2nd and was told to "push hard" because they were completely safe on fuel. Him running out is solely the crew chief's fault. Feel bad for JPM tbh, had easy 2nd place finish.
Yeah, but I am impressed by the quality of road course drivers in the Sprint Cup these days. They are all a lot better then a decade ago by far

JPM and Ambrose would have ran laps around them almost every road course race a decade or so ago I think.

Also, it was fairly clean for a Sonoma race I thought
Bobby's streak is finally coming to an end this weekend
Labonte did it the right way at least, class act of not taking away a drive from someone else
Quote from R34GTR :Bobby's streak is finally coming to an end this weekend

As is Todd Bodine's streak in trucks (not that anyone cares about that :razz
Because Todd Bodine is an idiot.

Plus Bobby was 704 consecutive starts, while Todd has only 219 TOTAL truck starts.

Even though DJ was the driver who really started at Gibbs, and won the Daytona 500 in their second year, Bobby was the guy who really led it into a true dynasty team (as a driver, similar to Mark Martin at Roush). A decade of success, Championship, Coke 600, Southern 500, Brickyard 400. Can't really ask for more than that. His brother Terry will also end up in the HoF one day.

Also, funny stat about Bobby: In the Busch series he had 10 wins, 100 top 10s, 10 poles.
Wonder if anyone will ever top Rudd's record
Most certainly Jeff Gordon will. Ricky's amazing run was 788. Jeff has never missed a race in his career dating back to 1992 final race of the season (his first race of his career). The longest ever streak since first career start, and it's already up to 705. Bobby was actually at 704 so Jeff was ahead even if Bobby wasn't going to sit out this weekend.

After that, it probably won't be touched until Kahne or Logano in 10-20 years. Kyle or Kurt Busch would have been close, but they each have missed a race after having well over 200 straight starts. Jeff Burton is at 608, but I think Gordon will outlast him in the Cup series.
Wooo that means I can watch it and not worry about falling asleep mid-race!
Quote from dekojester :For all those who care and don't know, NASCAR postponed the race in Kentucky to Sunday at noon when there's a good chance of rain because of rain Saturday

We've had thunderstorms here 3 times a day for the last 6 days now and the forecast calls for thunderstorms every day for at least another week.

A few hundred mile south west of here must have the same weather pattern
Quote from Cornys :We've had thunderstorms here 3 times a day for the last 6 days now and the forecast calls for thunderstorms every day for at least another week.

A few hundred mile south west of here must have the same weather pattern

Where are you?

2013 NASCAR Thread for the Rednecks
(1309 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG