The online racing simulator
Quote from ChristijaNL :Why would Ferrari want Raikkonen, they got Bianchi who will do it for 10 times less money and is better (indeed my opinion).

I don't see Alonso leaving Ferrari, if he wants to go into the history books like the greatest ever or something close to that he can't afford to leave a struggling team. Schumacher joined ferrari and gave them feedback for them to build a better car, he did not leave them cause they were too slow.

Senna Left Mclaren because they were too slow.
Quote from Mustafur :Senna Left Mclaren because they were too slow.

Well, that was the easiest choice...
Quote from ChristijaNL :Why would Ferrari want Raikkonen, they got Bianchi who will do it for 10 times less money and is better (indeed my opinion).

Isn't Kimi basically the best number 2 driver in the world right now? Okay so he's second in the championship (and who wouldn't want to see him take it from Vettel), and his team-mate is the talented but flawed Grosjean, so by default he's their number 1, but really his consistency and perhaps slightly cautious approach is what every team want from their number 2 driver. What is it 29 consecutive top ten finishes (in the points)?

The other top teams would kill for that, especially Ferrari, whose emotional attachment to Massa is probably the only reason he's still there this season.
Well with Kimi u know what u will get i gues with the advantages u describe, but i would still prefer the young up and coming over Kimi who is not gonna make a alot of mistakes but also on the long term does not have the potential to grow into the next Schumacher/Alonso. Also when Kimi and Felipe were teammates at ferrari they were pretty even if u look at both seasons. So would it be an improvement over Massa?

I don't see Grosjean as a talent, i think he has had plenty of chances and is not F1 material. There are better guys knocking on the door. The likes of Bianchi, Magnussen, Da Costa, Frijns and Carlos Sainz, heck i even think Pic is better.

As for your Massa comment i think u are spot on, actually i think it's the same way with Grosjean at Renault..
Well rbr might be the only team that would allow rallying for kimi. Lotus won't ever allow it because of what happened to kubica, ferrari would not allow it even if kimi wouldn't ask permissions. Mclaren would not allow it. Hell, even merc, force india nor sauber would not allow it. But rbr might allow it and I'd imagine it is defenately one of those small things that can make a difference if two options are otherwise close.

Quote from sinbad :Isn't Kimi basically the best number 2 driver in the world right now? Okay so he's second in the championship (and who wouldn't want to see him take it from Vettel), and his team-mate is the talented but flawed Grosjean, so by default he's their number 1, but really his consistency and perhaps slightly cautious approach is what every team want from their number 2 driver. What is it 29 consecutive top ten finishes (in the points)?

The other top teams would kill for that, especially Ferrari, whose emotional attachment to Massa is probably the only reason he's still there this season.

The problem with consistency records is that they are almost completely defined by the car and sheer luck and not the driver. I would not read too much into the race finishing consistency simply because it is really difficult to finish outside of top ten when you have top3 car. Without checking I'd claim that there are many drivers in F1 who could have that kind of record if their car hadn't broken down or someone hadn't crashed them out.
RBR should just stick Loeb in the 2nd seat
Well leaving mclaren seems to be working well for senna... I mean hamilton.
Quote from Mustafur :I would say that its very likely he would.

Not taking anything for granted though, I fear Da Costa's WSR season so far might be below Helmut Marko & Co.'s expectations.
Quote from Senninha25 :Not taking anything for granted though, I fear Da Costa's WSR season so far might be below Helmut Marko & Co.'s expectations.

Buemi got promoted for worse.
Quote from Mustafur :Buemi got promoted for worse.

He also got canned, along with Alguersuari :P
Quote from BlueFlame :He also got canned, along with Alguersuari :P

Well yes, but they still got him to STR.

Besides ISR are probably not the best team, Ricciardo struggled with them in 2011 but he was almost able to win the title with Tech 1 the year before.

Although it could be argued it was because he was doing F1 and F3.5 at the same time in the last half, the season was dominated by the Carlins of Wickens and Vergne.
Quote from Mustafur :Well yes, but they still got him to STR.

Besides ISR are probably not the best team, Ricciardo struggled with them in 2011 but he was almost able to win the title with Tech 1 the year before.

Although it could be argued it was because he was doing F1 and F3.5 at the same time in the last half, the season was dominated by the Carlins of Wickens and Vergne.

ISR is Igor Salaquarda isn't it?
My bad, Da Costa is with Arden.

Must of been last year.
Pretty much confirmed now.

Quote :Mark Webber has revealed that the decision has already been taken to replace him at Red Bull Raving with Daniel Ricciardo.

Speaking to James Allen in the build up to Sunday’s Belgian Grand Prix on Australian Network 10, 10 Webber said,

“The decision is made. We all know who it is. I’m happy with that decision. It’s good for him and it’s good for Australia.”

Ricciardo for his part appears not to be aware of progress and is waiting for Red Bull to tell him whether he has the seat and present him with a contract. He is already contracted to Red Bull as a Toro Rosso driver, so the contractual process would not be lengthy.

Ricciardo insists that he has not yet signed a contract and is not allowing himself to dream about his next step as a Red Bull Racing driver,

“Honestly mate, not yet. Until it’s a done deal and I’ve been given the nod and it’s all settled I’m not going to get excited,” he said on Saturday evening. “Who knows? Kimi could well still be in contention along with a few other guys. If it gets done then I’ll get excited for a little bit but then I’ll have a pretty big task ahead for the following season.”

The weekend has seen lots of behind the scenes discussions between drivers, agents and teams and the situation appears to be clarifying a little; with Ricciardo set for the Red Bull drive, it appears that Antonio Felix da Costa is in pole position to replace him at Toro Rosso.

Kimi Raikkonen is said to be “close” to finalising his plans, pending resolution of financial discussions with Lotus. Team boss Eric Boullier told this site on Saturday that he’s putting finishing touches to next year; the new engine deal with Renault, the investment package from Infinity and the Raikkonen contract. It’s still possible that something could happen with Ferrari, but it is starting to look as though they may again stick with Felipe Massa.

This leaves Nico Hulkenberg again waiting on the sidelines, hoping something might fall into place.

Wrong thred. ->

e: me.
If Ferrari stick with massa, they have lost their mind.

I doubt Kimi will go back but signing Hulk would be common sense.
-
(Intrepid) DELETED by Intrepid
Common sense is having a great driver and a pretty average one (at best). It's a strategy that has nearly won Alonso two titles with Ferrari and one that's won Vettel 4 (well 3 but this year is another gimme).

Not all drivers are like Hamilton who don't give a **** about who they have to race with in the same team even if it is to their own detrament, others tend to prefer more 'controllable' team mates. Ricciardo is hardly setting the world alight in Toro Rosso, but I am sure Seb will but thankful for the protection.

Massa is doing a perfectly good job of fulfilling the regulatory requirement of teams to fielding two cars.
At least Massa has provided entertaining crashes, and when he's not crashing... been reasonably consistent.
Quote from Intrepid :Common sense is having a great driver and a pretty average one (at best). It's a strategy that has nearly won Alonso two titles with Ferrari and one that's won Vettel 4 (well 3 but this year is another gimme).

Not all drivers are like Hamilton who don't give a **** about who they have to race with in the same team even if it is to their own detrament, others tend to prefer more 'controllable' team mates. Ricciardo is hardly setting the world alight in Toro Rosso, but I am sure Seb will but thankful for the protection.

Massa is doing a perfectly good job of fulfilling the regulatory requirement of teams to fielding two cars.

The problem with Massa is he is soo average that if Alonso needed help holding a points advantage massa isn't fast enough to work as a rear gunner, as he is usually fighting off the midfeild.

I doubt hulk will be as good as alonso but his purpose even as a second driver would be infinitly more useful.
There's all these issues with second drivers (Massa and Webber especially) either not pulling their weight or always having a fit... it really makes me appreciate Barrichello for being such a good backup.

Formula 1 Season 2013
(1242 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG