The online racing simulator
#651 - CSF
If that's the case, Hulkenberg/Di Resta + Kobayashi?
Can't see Alonso going to RBR to be honest, Vettel will throw a wobbly and the musketeer Alonso will remain in red.

In fact the cynic in me is suggesting that Red Bull will use the threat of Alonso being a potential teammate to Vettel in an attempt to 'lube up' Kimi into the second seat.
Vettel would not mind Kimi at Red Bull as Kimi is not that fast; people subliminally take a few tenths off his lap time because he falls over when he's drunk and says funny things on the radio.
Quote from Storm_Cloud : people subliminally take a few tenths off his lap time because he falls over when he's drunk and says funny things on the radio.

Whilst this IS true, he is one of the fastest guys on the grid for sure. Out of teh current bunch I'm pretty sure he still holds the most lap records.
Quote from BlueFlame :Out of teh current bunch I'm pretty sure he still holds the most lap records.

Basically he would be chasing Vettel down in every race (and in most cases : he'd catch Seb) having been past whoever was in his way already after he had his ice-cream.
Quote from N I K I :Basically he would be chasing Vettel down in every race (and in most cases : he'd catch Seb) having been past whoever was in his way already after he had his ice-cream.

Well it appears that Red Bull have already got the "Make Kimi go Faster" mod onto the car.

Quote from Mackie The Staggie :Well it appears that Red Bull have already got the "Make Kimi go Faster" mod onto the car.

Haha that is hilarious
#661 - CSF
What's bullshit?
I was looking forward to going to that... I live right near there
Apparently Ray has extremely insightful insider information about the New Jersey GP and is able to confidently and correctly say that Niki Lauda, former F1 driver, has inaccurate information.
No one lives closer than me!

No surprise, really.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Apparently Ray has extremely insightful insider information about the New Jersey GP and is able to confidently and correctly say that Niki Lauda, former F1 driver, has inaccurate information.

Uhm no, I don't have any information. I am just pissed that the race isn't happening for funding reasons. Since after all it's all about the money for Bernie.
Quote from Bmxtwins :I am just pissed that the race isn't happening for funding reasons. Since after all it's all about the money for Bernie.

Also because it doesn't have state support (it's a bit difficult to close down roads for a few hours each day of a 3 day event without support from the local authorities), plus there's still no real evidence of a significant US audience (sure, chicken and egg argument would counter that point, but some people would rather wait and see how Texas grows over the next few years before committing to a 2nd US-based round in case the support dwindles). You're only fooling yourself if you think the only real reason for this is that Bernie wasn't paid his cut on time. No-one really expected this race to happen, and when it slipped from the 2013 calendar that was a clear indication. I'm surprised they clung on this long, tbh.
Except, as it's suggested, there supposedly is no money.
Quote from amp88 :Also because it doesn't have state support (it's a bit difficult to close down roads for a few hours each day of a 3 day event without support from the local authorities), plus there's still no real evidence of a significant US audience (sure, chicken and egg argument would counter that point, but some people would rather wait and see how Texas grows over the next few years before committing to a 2nd US-based round in case the support dwindles). You're only fooling yourself if you think the only real reason for this is that Bernie wasn't paid his cut on time. No-one really expected this race to happen, and when it slipped from the 2013 calendar that was a clear indication. I'm surprised they clung on this long, tbh.

Actually, they would probably have no problem closing the roads considering the massive influx it would bring to the economy. They just weren't receiving state FUNDING. Governor Christie would not disagree
Quote from Bmxtwins :Actually, they would probably have no problem closing the roads considering the massive influx it would bring to the economy. They just weren't receiving state FUNDING. Governor Christie would not disagree

Source? Also, a verbal commitment from a Governor isn't the same as a signed contract with all agreements in place (not that a signed contract is bulletproof either...).
ohhh boi there was some seriously hefty bets goin-on on radio le mans about this race happenin/not happenin, the guy who lost looses senna signed merchandize iirc
#672 - CSF
Kimi to Ferrari?
Bild saying he's already signed a $15m deal plus bonus' but then Bild also saying Alonso has a contract with Red Bull so make out of that what you will.

Honestly, I don't see any reason why Raikkonen would want to go back to Ferrari, they are not a regular front runner, they broke his contrac early to get rid of him so Alonso could come, so I think it's a false rumour.
Why would Ferrari want Raikkonen, they got Bianchi who will do it for 10 times less money and is better (indeed my opinion).

I don't see Alonso leaving Ferrari, if he wants to go into the history books like the greatest ever or something close to that he can't afford to leave a struggling team. Schumacher joined ferrari and gave them feedback for them to build a better car, he did not leave them cause they were too slow.

Formula 1 Season 2013
(1242 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG