The online racing simulator
C.a.r.s.
(968 posts, started )
I have just been told by somebody that is heavily involved in this game, these videos are "all in game footage"

:jawdrop: :woohoo:

Cheers Go4

Fordie
Yup, those vids are made by a community member called JonZ using the builds available to all members.
Quote from Bean0 :Yup, those vids are made by a community member called JonZ using the builds available to all members.

I heard Bean0...now playing catchup and how did I miss this

Oh well, like most things in life, just need to sit and wait
Quote from Matrixi :I got a refund, and that doesn't mean I'm going to stop following how this game develops behind the curtain. If by some strange way they manage get decent physics in, I'll buy the retail version at full price. Now calm your tits.
So if I was correct, why are you jumping on my ass? illepall

Bit tetchy aren't we? Chill out. I was just pointing out that you were responding to a question about the project when you are no longer involved. Behind the curtain is a fascinating place to be, it's a shame you just thought you were buying a chance to play a game 1/2/3 years before release. Anyone interested in games development would have been fascinated to get an inside view of what's involved, granted it's not full access but all changes are documented and open to all involved to see and try to understand.

For instance, Jonz who had only done 1 game video before joining the project, has trained himself to make those videos, for his efforts he has received multiple free upgrades so (if!-no) when the game is successful he stands to make a tidy return. He's not alone.

When the next gen funding opens then those investing will get access to PC builds, and get involved. I look forward to seeing you all there!
Quote from Fordman :I have just been told by somebody that is heavily involved in this game, these videos are "all in game footage"

:jawdrop: :woohoo:

Cheers Go4

Fordie

Yes they are but with the code not yet optimised it works graphics cards hard right now. All totally configurable through the dev menu to make the trade between eye candy and fps. I'm loving it...
Quote from Born2BSlow :Bit tetchy aren't we? Chill out. I was just pointing out that you were responding to a question about the project when you are no longer involved.

To which I responded with correct information and you seemed to get your knickers in a twist that I didn't praise the godly game. Other option for the person asking would have been to point him towards buying a second hand account, which is illegal and against the ToS of PCARS.

Quote from Born2BSlow :Behind the curtain is a fascinating place to be, it's a shame you just thought you were buying a chance to play a game 1/2/3 years before release.

And where have I claimed so? The only reason I got in to PCARS was because some fellow simmers on this very forum, who I thought to know their shit about car handling and dynamics, said it's very promising and realistic already. I guess the lack of LFS updates for so many years has had its effect on people who apparently now accept even arcadey physics for realism as long as it looks pretty.

Quote from Born2BSlow :Anyone interested in games development would have been fascinated to get an inside view of what's involved, granted it's not full access but all changes are documented and open to all involved to see and try to understand.

This is basically the same as kickstarting any game - except with kickstarted games you get the finished product for much cheaper, unlike with PCARS. Even if you get in to PCARS with one of the cheaper tiers, you'll still need to pay the difference to full retail price eventually to get the finished game.
Praise the godly game lol...

I like it, you clearly don't so you hang around in threads about it and slag it off, nice!

It's not perfect but there is a long way to go before release, as I said shame you couldn't stick with it. I'm sorry if I presumed from your post that you had left early because you didn't get that it was a development and not a finished game and you whined about the unfinished physics...patience is a virtue!

Kickstarter gives you some pretty stuff in game and the chance to give the devs some money and maybe get beta access. WMD gives you money back if the game does well, pre-alpha access, the chance to voice opinions about every single aspect of the game on top of that. Kickstarter=donations, WMD=Investment (Yes it's official now!)

How about we pick this back up when you've played the demo some time next year? Go on have the last word you know you want to lol..
Well those videos look................ stunning, to say the least. Does make me want it now.
Here's one to wet your appetite a little more...today an announcement that a deal has been signed with Oreca initially for their LMP2 to be included...apparently there are more to come. Mwahahaha.
Oh and now the physics testing is getting more focus, Team Members and above will be getting daily updates too...normally only available to Senior Managers. They did this when MP was released to increase the rate at which bugs were found to get more stability more quickly. So everyone who left because they didn't like the handling is going to miss all the new updates on it specifically...ah well see you SMSoon as they say!
Quote from Born2BSlow :Oh and now the physics testing is getting more focus, Team Members and above will be getting daily updates too...normally only available to Senior Managers. They did this when MP was released to increase the rate at which bugs were found to get more stability more quickly. So everyone who left because they didn't like the handling....well sucks boo to you lol see you in year or so.

I know I know you saying..........

But....I am used to waiting...see I am still here just changed a little bit

Sorry, I couldn't help myself...apologies if it offends anyone.

^^^ fixed to make it less offensive, I'm such a softy lol
Quote from Born2BSlow :Sorry, I couldn't help myself...apologies if it offends anyone.

^^^ fixed to make it less offensive, I'm such a softy lol

Is that a screenshot from COD?

Fordman: Speaking as a backer of Project CARS.. if you're anticipating anything more than just an eye candy Semi-Sim, you will be greatly disappointed. I also got sucked into backing by people here who were like "omg good physics", but when trying it... It just isn't there. It may look pretty (albeit about as performant as a 2 legged horse when turned to medium, which my PC should handle fine), but it certainly isn't very good for physics like people want it to be.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Fordman: Speaking as a backer of Project CARS.. if you're anticipating anything more than just an eye candy Semi-Sim, you will be greatly disappointed. I also got sucked into backing by people here who were like "omg good physics", but when trying it... It just isn't there. It may look pretty (albeit about as performant as a 2 legged horse when turned to medium, which my PC should handle fine), but it certainly isn't very good for physics like people want it to be.

Hi Dawes,

if I wanted eye candy, I would of joined the NFS crew LOL. I am just generally interested in anything new in the sim world, whether it's ready or not. I mean hell, LFS still isn't ready, polished and complete, I am still here

Fordie
Quote from Fordman :Hi Dawes,

if I wanted eye candy, I would of joined the NFS crew LOL. I am just generally interested in anything new in the sim world, whether it's ready or not. I mean hell, LFS still isn't ready, polished and complete, I am still here

Fordie

That's my major complain though, is that it's not a sim (really). It's along the same lines as NFS Shift in terms of realism.
Well, how do you define a sim then? NFS was/is all about simple and quick action giving the impression of racing, or whtever.

pCars, while not perfect and with a few things geared towards easy usability and compatibility (although the wheel calibration seems rather over simplified, but nobody seems to care or is fine with it..), it does aim to have a realistic driving experience. Whether the model is the right one or not has to be awaited. Probably, it is not and while any purist wont enjoy it as much, it is already a lot better than Forza and GT, doing basic things, like proper cockpits, right.
I just agree with Matrixi, People sold it (initially) as having quite a good tyre model, which upon testing it out, was patently untrue. That said, If I make my $30 or whatever back by the actual "release" of it, I'll be more than happy and at least I supported a game that others enjoy (even though I don't).

Although I do worry by the press coverage that it's gotten that some people are overselling it's realism, and will set a faux standard in what "real physics" actually feel like.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :
Although I do worry by the press coverage that it's gotten that some people are overselling it's realism, and will set a faux standard in what "real physics" actually feel like.

Oh, right, and you're definitely not alone with these concerns. You know faboys will be fanboys (GT5 is supposedly the best ever), but at least it's trending positively having more than the usual suspects, striving to be in-depth, can only be beneficial.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :...and will set a faux standard in what "real physics" actually feel like.

Oh c'mon, you and I both know that the faux standard was set ages ago. pCARS will hardly break new ground there!

My biggest gripe with it is the FFB. I can live with half-decent semi-sim physics if it's consistent and has good feedback through the wheel. I'd like it a little more realistic, but I'm not going to pretend that I can only enjoy something that's uber realistic, but it needs to have good, consistent, informative FFB or it just pisses me off trying to drive it.

That's the main reason I love LFS and AC Tech Preview. The FFB tells you something, and doesn't have random sudden jarring motions. Plus the little tire chatter under braking over the little bumps in AC gives me wet trousers. :hyper:
I guess I missed my chance as well to go faux standard as well.
May I humbly suggest you take a look at the physics &AI section in WMD. The physics, FFB and tyre modelling are not finished, in fact far from it. The tyre model is being developed constantly, and they are also focussing on individual cars to work toward "real feel" handling. They are not aiming for Shift handling, even if you think it's like that now. As I said before, the stage of development pCars is at, normally you wouldn't get a sniff of it. It's not a finished game so stop saying it will never improve because that simply isn't the case.

@ Dawedust as a "backer" don't you see this as an opportunity to create the game the sim community can be proud of? The WMD community is made up of some serious hardcore SimRacers. If you don't think it's right and can provide video or telemetry to demonstrate it (there are threads on how you can do this which are very helpful), then the Devs can do something about it, and will if it's clear cut. However, if you just say don't like it, providing nothing other than your feelings, how the hell do you expect them to react to that? What do they change to make it better? Do you see my point? Help them to fix it, provide them with details of the issue, and then maybe the handling will get better.

I'll say it again, opportunity of a lifetime to HELP shape what could be the best Sim Racer ever, or you can sit on the bench and just bitch about it. I hope you decide to help.
Quote from Born2BSlow :May I humbly suggest you take a look at the physics &AI section in WMD. The physics, FFB and tyre modelling are not finished, in fact far from it. The tyre model is being developed constantly, and they are also focussing on individual cars to work toward "real feel" handling. They are not aiming for Shift handling, even if you think it's like that now. As I said before, the stage of development pCars is at, normally you wouldn't get a sniff of it. It's not a finished game so stop saying it will never improve because that simply isn't the case.

@ Dawedust as a "backer" don't you see this as an opportunity to create the game the sim community can be proud of? The WMD community is made up of some serious hardcore SimRacers. If you don't think it's right and can provide video or telemetry to demonstrate it (there are threads on how you can do this which are very helpful), then the Devs can do something about it, and will if it's clear cut. However, if you just say don't like it, providing nothing other than your feelings, how the hell do you expect them to react to that? What do they change to make it better? Do you see my point? Help them to fix it, provide them with details of the issue, and then maybe the handling will get better.

I'll say it again, opportunity of a lifetime to HELP shape what could be the best Sim Racer ever, or you can sit on the bench and just bitch about it. I hope you decide to help.

Except, I can see the writing on the wall that they're not actually gearing it towards being a sim, they're going towards the semi-sim market. Which as a backer is fine, because I'm sure as hell that a semi-sim will sell 10x more than a true sim. Which is great for the profit sharing aspect of it.

The only thing that I do hope doesn't happen, is that people take their "semi-sim" physics and actually take them as if they're realistic. That would set sim racing back as a whole.

C.a.r.s.
(968 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG