The online racing simulator
C.a.r.s.
(968 posts, started )
Thanks for that list. Seems like there's a lot of awesome stuff coming up :yawdrop:
Sorry for stupid question but is it possible to buy the actual build and will I get all the available content? I don't get the financial policy.
There are no new signups at the moment, I think it is planned to reopen them for a short time but I have no idea when that will be.
that looks almost worst than lfs,the track itself is identical to lfs graphics..
Quote from Bose321 :Thanks for that list. Seems like there's a lot of awesome stuff coming up :yawdrop:

Didn't download a build of pcars for over a year now. Unless the multiplayer bit gets improved I cannot be bothered too much with it.
Quote from e2mustang :that looks almost worst than lfs,the track itself is identical to lfs graphics..

Good one
Tried the SLS AMG yesterday, and now I finally understand why Jeremy Clarkson loves that car so much. It's just so much fun sliding the tail about.

The Ford Focus RS is not bad, but so much power to the front wheel to the point where it understeers every corner.
is the renault in pcars today the renault sport megan 250 cup? yup looks to be . Just did a lap around the nordschleife with the megane
Does the wet weather reduce the grip, or is it merely visual. Soon laps of Zolder in the Caterham suggests visual only.

I also find the physics are acceptable on the low powered cars, but utterly rubbish above 200hp.
I really struggeling to understand how to correct slides. If I try to countersteer it just ends up in tears.. seems to only way is to relase the trottle and not botter to counter steer..
Other than that it's great fun actually! Got a new computer so tested it out here the other day, good fun alltho the physics are strange - specially the crash physics..
Quote from tristancliffe :Does the wet weather reduce the grip, or is it merely visual. Soon laps of Zolder in the Caterham suggests visual only.

I also find the physics are acceptable on the low powered cars, but utterly rubbish above 200hp.

Visual only for the moment. It seems to me like they're just focussing on dry weather then moving onto wet weather once that's mostly sorted.

It really is strange coming up to a corner in the pouring rain and forgetting that you have all the grip you had in the dry...
Can't wait till friday

But yeah, STM comes out, car feels just great... don't play for two month, suddenly massive understeer like in BTM etc. etc. guess that's called development

I hope we see the driving school added sometime soonish, then MAYBE I will finally get a glimps of what to do with all those sliders to do tell the car what I would like it to

(Also the way way graphical bugs are fixed ATM I have never ever experienced in any form what so ever before! Some bugs get reported and half an hour later Martin comes with.. "oh yeah that was easy... fixed", then if possible not even going the normal way via official patch, etc. Quite often the bugs are fixed before even appearing in the first post (And even that was opened at the beginning of this month and has almost half of the bugs already fixed plus the ones that got fixed before even being able to appear in there o.O)
Those are some awesome cars!

I recently tried this game again, and it feels amazing now. Especially the Renault is quite some fun, you really feel the torque steer and such.

BMW E30 is also great, really snappy and direct feeling from the wheel.
Quote from Bean0 :I have no idea what you mean.

I'm talking about the G-forces.. Or more specifically, the lack of it.

1min37 220 km/h on a downhill exit lifting only 10 km/h, no shifting.. I've driven a lot of cars, sportscars, Porsches.. Blabla.. I don't think its possible to do that, that cleanly. E30 or not. Actually I think you would end up in the concrete barrier if you do that IRL.

Maybe, maybe not.

You can find plenty of vids of the E30 doing tarmac rallies, and they certainly are not going slowly.
3min45 ... Can't go into a corner like that.. Well at least not without the chassis doing some forces. There is just -zero- movement..

It's just eeehh.. It's nice for a try, but it's nowhere near realism.. But that doesn't matter that much. It would be fun to race, I believe that, but more because of the interaction between each other. (When there is going to be a good collision system).

I don't see much improvement on management / netcode yet. But patiently awaiting what will follow

I can try it myself if I want, I'm member.. But too lazy to download over a Gig right now. Youtube movies are faster to judge the progression.
This bit particularly looked off to me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?f ... &v=VVGmOunhPy8#t=412s

It's kind of like the car is pulling itself straight when he goes slightly too fast in to the corners, a bit like the car would actually be 4WD with drive bias being more towards front than the rear wheels. There's just the complete lack of any kind of oversteer happening, just safe understeer at every situation when near the limit.

Haven't actually downloaded it for a few months, so only going by what I'm seeing on the videos.
You guys still have hopes on this game as a sim? For people that are used to play NFS, Burnout, TDU and other random arcadish games, a sim is a game which is a bit more difficult, you have to brake in some corners, the car breaks down, crashing everywhere slows you down and instead of taking a hairpin at 200km/h you can do it at 180. That's what these people call a "sim", and this what it is. For a hardcore simracer this is still an arcadish game. It might be fun, but is not in the same league., so I wouldn't expect anything from the physics.
Quote from Matrixi :This bit particularly looked off to me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?f ... &v=VVGmOunhPy8#t=412s

Oh god, it hurts my eyes! And people pay for that, oh dear. I would be embarrassed if an E30 handled like that IRL.

Keep telling they improved NFS Shit physics a lot and now it's totally different and much more realistic. Different my ass.
Aren't runways usually straight? Still, might make a nice arcade game.

C.a.r.s.
(968 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG