The online racing simulator
C.a.r.s.
(968 posts, started )
#26 - Zay
Looks cool. I dont understand though, can you get the beta when its released free or do u need to be atleast a junior member?
I think we can all safely say the graphics are good. But I mean, to be asking up to Euro.25000 as a "donation" is crap and is probably more out of hope and desperation than any sort of genuine purpose.

People would buy it with only 1 car and track I bet, if the game was good enough...and, like most games like iRacing, LFS, etc, further cars, updates and bugfixes can be released as and when.

Seems like they are wanting to do/asking for too much, too early.
Decided to throw 25 Euros at it, see what it's all about...except when I pick it and hit purchase, nothing happens
I'm onboard! Team member status.
Those who have "invested," please post some impressions re: the physics vs. LFS and iR. Thanks!
#34 - 5haz
Certainly looks nice, shame all I'm left with is a black screen on startup, sigh. I'm sure a fix will be on the way soon.
5haz: Your firewall might be popping up and the game is stuck waiting for an authorization for an internet access to check your password. This might explain your black screen as I had the same problem, had to standby and then resume to check it.

I'll try to give some feedback later on but it already seem rather promising after a few laps.. btw lower your steering sensitivity below 20 if you're on 900 degree as it's impossible to drive above this.
i just finished downloading, now i have to go hunting for this password the install is asking me for...
can you change views? :3

Quote from PMD9409 :Yes please. I'm just finding videos and posting.

Audi R18 Imola

It's already better than iRacing! You can use curbs! Yeyy
@5haz
goto users\<yourname>\my documents\cars and edit the graphicsconfig.xml file so it matches your desktop resolution,i can use a higher res than desktop but only with dx9,with dx11 i get black screen unless i drop back to matching res.
Tango
ps getting some lighting bugs but not tried watkins yet.
118kb/s download speed.
Really enjoyed having a go in the oldest F1 car around Watkins Glen. Very tricky to drive. Doesn't feel 100% sim at the moment but it's the first build, and it feels good for that stage. Is there any way I can remove all of the head movement in cockpit view? I'm really excited about the potential of this! The graphics are SO impressive. :eye-poppi
#43 - 5haz
Quote from Skytrill :5haz: Your firewall might be popping up and the game is stuck waiting for an authorization for an internet access to check your password. This might explain your black screen as I had the same problem, had to standby and then resume to check it.

Quote from Tango :@5haz
goto users\<yourname>\my documents\cars and edit the graphicsconfig.xml file so it matches your desktop resolution,i can use a higher res than desktop but only with dx9,with dx11 i get black screen unless i drop back to matching res.
Tango
ps getting some lighting bugs but not tried watkins yet.

Well, cheers for the advice gents but it appears my graphics card is just too old.
well after more time spent playing I can say the handling feels alot like shift2 but it's more tight and much less forgiving. A thing that is nice is being able to adjust the seat a-la-rfactor/gtr2 AND being able to set the FOV all in real time without having to go to the option menu. Tons of settings to adjust by pressing F1 such as HDR, SSAO and much more. Graphics are sure nice but you're going to need quite a nice GPU to take advantage of it. An old 8800gt won't do it if you want the game to look like the previews.

Some peoples are claiming it's the best physic out there.. even better than GTR2 (sigh). The debate might be hot to discuss but somethings sure; it's quite a joy to drive a Radical or Lotus F1s on such detailed circuits as Imola and Watkins Glen. I hope there's a Multiplayer coming soon.
I freaking hate Norton anti virus. Keeps deleting whenever it finishes downloading and at the snails pace that it does download it's very frustrating. I've given up trying tonight.
#47 - PoVo
What are the minimum requirements for this game?
Quote from PoVo :What are the minimum requirements for this game?

the recommended minimum specs are:
Quad Core 2.4ghz or better
9800gt 512MB
2GB Ram (3-4GB recommended)
How are the track surfaces and bumps?

C.a.r.s.
(968 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG