The online racing simulator
C.a.r.s.
(968 posts, started )
Quote from Hahmo :People hate it because it's physics are awful, it needs very powerful PC to run smoothly

Wrong and wrong.

You != everyone else.
Quote from Bose321 :Wrong and wrong.

You != everyone else.

I didn't say everyone hates it, 'people' as in the people who dislike it
and yes, you do need a rather powerful PC to run it smoothly, you can't disagree with that. Bare in mind not everyone has the money to buy intel processors or high end amd, same story with graphic cards
There are threads on the wmdportal on how you can turn settings down to get better fps, as you say not everyone can afford mid to high end hardware (low spec pc's will struggle due to the code not being optimised as I mentioned).

You only have to see some of the rigs posted in the "post your rig" thread to understand just how much money some people are willing to throw at their hobby though, even those who claim to be poor spend their time on diy cockpits. We are part of a proper bunch of nutters we really are.

Part of the problem is that pcars is being designed to make the best use of quad cores and multi-threading, so dual cores and the like will always struggle. This is not a deliberate attempt to annoy anyone, it's a rational business decision. With the game not being released until next year, older hardware is going to be going out of circulation, focussing on new tech will prolong the life of the game. It's just a fact of life in game development.
Quote from Hahmo :I didn't say everyone hates it, 'people' as in the people who dislike it
and yes, you do need a rather powerful PC to run it smoothly, you can't disagree with that. Bare in mind not everyone has the money to buy intel processors or high end amd, same story with graphic cards

Don't know, it ran rather smooth on a rig I tried with a discrete GPU and a basic Core2Duo from my old PC.

Pretty much any modern PC you buy nowadays will have enough juice to run pCars (albeit not on max) with a decent framerate I think.
On low settings I couldn't get a smooth fps. 15-20 max

AMD Phenom II X4 965 black edition cpu and
Sapphire AMD Radeon HD 7700 series graphics card

and most games run very smooth even on high graphics, bf3 being a good example.
Quote from Hahmo :On low settings I couldn't get a smooth fps. 15-20 max

AMD Phenom II X4 965 black edition cpu and
Sapphire AMD Radeon HD 7700 series graphics card

and most games run very smooth even on high graphics, bf3 being a good example.

Did you post about your issues, or ask the developers if there was anything they could do, give them your pc specs and driver versions? Sounds like an issue they needed to know about if you are not having problems on other games.
I was planning to give this a go, but it seems the toolperk purchase is closed... any ETA on it opening?
I think it's dependent upon how many (if any) people request refunds. People were getting upset because the more people who invest.. the less people will purchase, along with a lower return.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I think it's dependent upon how many (if any) people request refunds. People were getting upset because the more people who invest.. the less people will purchase, along with a lower return.

Refunds are being offered after the FSA got involved, although the option to get your money back was always there. Funding will not re-open for the current gen platforms and PC version due to changes requested by the FSA to the legal structure of the project.

The legal team are finalising the details so that funding can open to support next gen, PS4 and Xbox One versions of the game. This will get you access to the PC builds as it's the only way anyone can help development outside of using dev kits. The new legal structure will mean it can legally be called an investment, buying a Toolpack will buy you a percentage of the revenues of the game.

The number of people investing versus the targeted sales volumes means that the numbers investing will have minimal impact on the revenues. PC will be the smallest volume of sales, the target is to sell 1 million copies across the four existing platforms. If this happens I get just under 4 times what I put in back. Also everyone gets the same percentage return regardless of how much they put in.

I know going console immediately gets everyone screaming arcade but think of it this way, a PC sim with a revenue stream from massive console sales to encourage the Devs to continue supporting the game, and adding content.
How can you say pCARS needs a biefly PC?!

This is how it looks on lowest graphics... it looks like a n64 game

(Than again it isn't optimized) But seriously if you can't run it on these settings you maybe should consider buying a PC build after 1820
Almost looks like a nonworking picture.
Quote from John5200 :How can you say pCARS needs a biefly PC?!

This is how it looks on lowest graphics... it looks like a n64 game

(Than again it isn't optimized) But seriously if you can't run it on these settings you maybe should consider buying a PC build after 1820

Yeah, most likely even a n64 can run this...
Quote from Bose321 :Yeah, most likely even a n64 can run this...

I don't say it would run on N64, but it certainly would run fine on something like a stoneage 9600GT.
Quote from John5200 :I don't say it would run on N64, but it certainly would run fine on something like a stoneage 9600GT.

It was a 'joke' implying what you just said.

Due to my own broken Quad core CPU I am currently on a E5200, which can't play a single game anymore. However, I haven't tested pCars yet, so I'm interested in how that goes...
Quote from Bose321 :It was a 'joke' implying what you just said.

Due to my own broken Quad core CPU I am currently on a E5200, which can't play a single game anymore. However, I haven't tested pCars yet, so I'm interested in how that goes...

Good luck and post some pictures

Actually I take the 9600GT thing back, because they probably drop the current gen consoles and Ian said that if they get dropped, DX9 also most probably gets dropped.

I am just not sure if it's better to drop the current gen consoles or not. I would prefer to invest more and get a piece of the 140 mil consoles rather than the new ones flopping and less sails.... Well let's see at E3 what the internet thinks of them
I'm odd

That picture looks fine to me. More realistic in someways that with the bling.
John5200, can you re-post the pic using another host? It appears that people without WMD accounts can't see it.
Oops, here it is again ^^
Attached images
ss125142.jpg
Had to tone it down quite a bit, but it's still rather nice. I can't run it 1440p since that pretty much floods the VRAM, but it's still OK at 1080p with a bit AA (not used to have AA with a high res :razz.

Especially considering it's running on a rig from 2008 or something with a very basic core2duo at the moment, I think it's not bad.
Attached images
pCARS-2013-06-08-15-02-12-12.jpg
pCARS-2013-06-08-15-02-31-81.jpg
pCARS-2013-06-08-15-04-43-30.jpg
Just wondering, is there any way to get into the game right now? It seems like they have closed registration for it and I just want to try it out to see what all the craze is about.
Not at the moment as far as I know. Just wait for a free demo, you'll propably thank yourself for doing so later on.
Quote from Matrixi :Not at the moment as far as I know. Just wait for a free demo, you'll propably thank yourself for doing so later on.

There is also the possibility that he could like it and decide to buy it. Stranger things have happened.

Matrixi, I thought you got your refund? If you did then as far as you know is not going to provide any useful info. You are right that there is no way to invest right now, once the legal structure is sorted there should be a chance to sign up for next generation versions which will give you access to PC development builds.

The new tyre model seems to be progressing well, heating and wear are being implemented, along with carcass and something called tack!? All very complex and over my head. To top the game off the WMD community is a great place to be, I think I will be a little disappointed when it's over.
Quote from Born2BSlow :Matrixi, I thought you got your refund? If you did then as far as you know is not going to provide any useful info.

I got a refund, and that doesn't mean I'm going to stop following how this game develops behind the curtain. If by some strange way they manage get decent physics in, I'll buy the retail version at full price. Now calm your tits.

Quote from Born2BSlow :You are right that there is no way to invest right now

So if I was correct, why are you jumping on my ass? illepall
Well, pcars can be downloaded via steam now if you are at least a junior member, i think. they will completely switch over to steam by the beginning of next month
MAKE SURE TO GO pcars-properties-BETAS - and select the appropriate beta on the list.
Eww... I thought their launcher was just fine. Oh well, I don't play it that often anyways...

C.a.r.s.
(968 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG