The online racing simulator
As you can see there was oil leak on track before and Barth said he spun out due to the white dust so it's very unlucky to drive a truck there... It still could've been done more precisely. Imagine F1 race, they won't call out the rescue car in middle of the lap but wait for all cars to catch the queue behind S/C and then do the job...
Even if Norbi's crash didn't look so bad, the damage is so bad that his Honda is 10% from being called totaled. Front suspension (both side) is broken, engine and gearbox also damaged, rear axis broken into half. As there are no spare parts (e.g complete rear axis, smaller parts like brake disc is not an issue of course), they're in an awkward situation. The worst thing is that the car must be shipped to Argentina today... They're still undecided what to do, they wouldn't have chance to prepare the car in Argentina. Most likely they'll bring the car home and try to rebuild it somehow.... Probably they'll miss Argentina as well. It's really a punch in the face for a small private team.
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Even if Norbi's crash didn't look so bad, the damage is so bad that his Honda is 10% from being called totaled. Front suspension (both side) is broken, engine and gearbox also damaged, rear axis broken into half. As there are no spare parts (e.g complete rear axis, smaller parts like brake disc is not an issue of course), they're in an awkward situation. The worst thing is that the car must be shipped to Argentina today... They're still undecided what to do, they wouldn't have chance to prepare the car in Argentina. Most likely they'll bring the car home and try to rebuild it somehow.... Probably they'll miss Argentina as well. It's really a punch in the face for a small private team.

Well they're running Honda Civic from manufacture and Junior team in ETCC so I wouldn't say they're "small private team". Surely there are smaller ones.

Anyway this would be punch for any team, seems like Civic is "weak" in terms of damage from an impact...
Guys tune in for DTM race. Great action @ Norisring as ever.
Wickens vs Spengler battling for the lead as Mortara got better of them thru the SC period. and all sorts of gaggles down the order.
Paffet, what a bloody idiot.
Mortara and Paffett fight in 3... 2... 1...
lol would have been funny if they had a fist fight out of the car.

Eki, what a drive!! One would think he started loosing his worth, then he shows he's a double DTM Champ. Absolutely brilliant.
I was 100% sure Paffett would take a revenge... Already saw that coming when he accelerated out of last turn, slightly touching Mortara's left end. Few seconds later, BAM!
Yeah... Was a bad end to quiet a nice race... obviously Ekki and Mortara would have been miles ahead if there wasn't this blue flag rule. Hope Ekki keeps the win, there was an investigation on going about filling water into the car after chequered flag.

Twitter:
Quote from @GaryPaffett :
What a day!!! So I messed up the start got a drive through. Team did a good job to get me back in the fight for a win.

Quote from @GaryPaffett :
Then while fighting for 2nd in the last few laps I got taken out by Mortara twice!!! 2nd time he turned me into a concrete wall. Crazy!!!!

Ekström excluded for Parc Ferme violation. Wickens provisional winner, Audi files a protest against the decision.
Quote from Kid222 :Apparently this. 0,5kg worth maybe? Still very funny way to do it.

Woah... Wait, was he overweight or underweight?
Quote from Gougoodthing :Woah... Wait, was he overweight or underweight?

Due to an external addition of weight before it was officially measured, it is not possible to exactly determain the weight of the driver+car combination directly after the race. That's how the DMSB stewards at the Norisring argue. Audi wants to protest it, they have 48h, effective from the moment the exclusion was published, to formulate and file it. If the protest gets rejected, FIA and afterwards CAS are the next steps.

Audi should know the procedures from 1992.
ummm......

Quote from grand-am.com :Steering - and peering - into the future of DTM-style touring car competition in North America, GRAND-AM founder Jim France and GRAND-AM President/CEO Ed Bennett joined executives from the European DTM series and the Japanese Super GT series over the weekend at the DTM event at the Norisring in Nuremburg, Germany.

Collectively, the executives form a steering committee aimed at developing the technical specifications for the future of touring car racing on three continents. During the weekend, the committee announced that all three series - DTM, Super GT and the North American series - will have identical specifications beginning in 2017.

In March, GRAND-AM Road Racing and the International Motor Sports Association (IMSA) announced an agreement with Internationale Tourenwagen-Rennen (ITR e.V.), which administers DTM racing, to create a North American version of the popular German touring car series. The North American series is targeted to launch in 2015 or 2016.

In this type of racing platform, prerequisites are competitive grids and related manufacturer marketing support; this platform is designed for manufacturers to showcase their brand to fans and potential customers.

The new North American series is expected to often run in conjunction with United SportsCar Racing events. In fact, the next committee meeting will be held at the inaugural United SportsCar event, the 2014 Rolex 24 At Daytona in January.

"In the new United SportsCar Racing series, we have some great tracks like Daytona and Sebring," Bennett said. "We have planned to have a rotation between our three regions. The next [committee] meeting will be held in the USA at the end of January in Daytona."

A committee meeting also is planned for the summer of 2014 at the 1,000-kilometer Super GT race at Japan's Suzuka circuit.

"This is a manufacturer-based platform," Bennett emphasized, "and we hope to receive manufacturer commitments to ensure a proper field of cars - and the related marketing support to make the series a reality. Along those lines, we held our initial presentation with the Japanese manufacturers Nissan, Toyota and Honda at Norisring over the weekend.

"This is an exciting concept, but there is much more work remaining on the horizon."

Yeah I read on Twitter where it was pushed back to 2017. Seemed inevitable when you hear hardly anything about it.

I say that but then look at USCR.
Quote from Kid222 :Apparently this. 0,5kg worth maybe? Still very funny way to do it.

They could just say it was a random dude, I mean, he was dressed in civi gear afterall... The weight difference is so slim. I guess because Mathias stopped on circuit presumably to save as much fuel as possible they feared they'd be underweight but scrutinizing weight checks should be done with an empty car should it not?
#270 - CSF
Unfortunately that's his Dad.
#272 - CSF
Who then claimed it was a 'prank' for his birthday. I think I'd have reacted if someone was pouring water into my crotch as a joke.
To take that win away is unfair imo, regardless of what the rules state, it was no fault of the Team or Driver.
Quote from Mustafur :To take that win away is unfair imo, regardless of what the rules state, it was no fault of the Team or Driver.

Quite possible that's why it was his father...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG