The online racing simulator
Post your Car two
(2437 posts, started )
Quote from TypeRacing :Riiiight, but I just have to mention that this car should have engine which is copied from BMW, so it is not that far away from BMW.

source

if its the 1967 model or later which has the 1500ccm/55kW OHC engine
Quote from nikopdr :I really need to get new wheels.

Oh well, it still looks heaps better than the steelies, but damn, looks so comical with those off-road tires and such small wheels.

next up -> removing the headlight washers, moar low, fixing the front bumper, wax on, wax off

I'm driving on 13" 175/70 tires, its more about rim design IMO.
Supra gone. Onto better things!
So what's the next decent vehicle you're going to destroy, before moving onto another?
Saving for an FD
I'm looking for 6,500€
Picked up my 98 Celica project car. It needs some work on the exhaust but other then that its just needs cleaning and the paint looked at. I got it for £200 and the private plates are worth £150 on their own so I can't really loose out on it

The 01 Astra is my daily car that's been abused by previous owners and I've not really had any motivation to fix it up (I'm giving it to my friend Sarah and it can be her problem )

Get more pictures once She's cleaned up a bit (there is a new rainforest growing on the seats)
After i get banned i come back seeing this fkin bmw discussion again? I KILL YOU!!!
Quote from Klutch :Saving for an FD

I hope for the sake of all mankind, you don't fulfill that goal. To see you lobotomize an FD would quite possibly cause every decent car enthusiasts heart & soul to implode. I guess considering your last "projects", at least you won't likely have the budget to wreck a good one, or get very far before running home to mommy crying. Please refrain from posting pics if you do somehow manage to save up enough lunch money to start an FD bastardization though.. (that last bit goes for pretty much any Mazda)

Quote from tbofram :..I got it for £200 and the private plates are worth £150 on their own so I can't really loose out on it..

Looks like a steal for the price. I've often thought of picking up one of those as a FWD/winter machine project.. if I got rid of the MX-3 it'd most likely be for an AWD of sorts though. Good luck!
Quote from Tinytacohead :I hope for the sake of all mankind, you don't fulfill that goal. To see you lobotomize an FD would quite possibly cause every decent car enthusiasts heart & soul to implode. I guess considering your last "projects", at least you won't likely have the budget to wreck a good one, or get very far before running home to mommy crying. Please refrain from posting pics if you do somehow manage to save up enough lunch money to start an FD bastardization though..

How much is for good FD? Never seen one in person, they are extremely rare here in Europe I believe my country has zero FD's
Atleast in Finland you can find a JDM import that might require some touching up for around 4-5k€, a good LHD RX-7 is 10k€ more, they're also much more rare than JDM cars.
Look to pay about 4-5k USD for a solid roller. A clean running example, and it's really hard to find ones that've actually been treated right/aren't prone to catastrophic failure etc, (thx to people like Klutch), is going to run $10k+. (that's the low end) Parts/labor's not cheap & you have to actually have a brain in your head to wrench under the hood.
in germany when i looked around for an fd ~4 years ago a good rhd was around 8-10k a good lhd model around 14-16k
which is rather steep for a car that to my knowledge has a fairly fragile engine
Quote from Shotglass :..which is rather steep for a car that to my knowledge has a fairly fragile engine

With a specific set of reliability mods & somebody not seeking ridiculous power levels, their engines can be quite reliable/good enough to be a DD. Problem is, most people don't do them and/or it's too late to do so before a rebuild. (which has to be done right in itself) Expect to shell out a grand or two for said mods. Unless really lucky, spending under 10k USD for a running, "clean" example will get you a mechanical nightmare. I spent a couple years reading up on the forums for what to look for, talking to previous owners of the ones that caught my eye etc, before pulling the trigger. (which is what any realistic, experienced owner will advise)
Quote from Scrabby :I'm looking for 6,500€

i'm looking for that aswell, if you find a pair, give me a call
Quote from Tinytacohead :I hope for the sake of all mankind, you don't fulfill that goal. To see you lobotomize an FD would quite possibly cause every decent car enthusiasts heart & soul to implode. I guess considering your last "projects", at least you won't likely have the budget to wreck a good one, or get very far before running home to mommy crying. Please refrain from posting pics if you do somehow manage to save up enough lunch money to start an FD bastardization though.. (that last bit goes for pretty much any Mazda)

lol, i think its hilarious what i do to my belongings bugs you so much

as for the "running home to mommy crying" comment..that doesn't even make sense.
Quote from Tinytacohead :Look to pay about 4-5k USD for a solid roller. A clean running example, and it's really hard to find ones that've actually been treated right/aren't prone to catastrophic failure etc, (thx to people like Klutch), is going to run $10k+. (that's the low end) Parts/labor's not cheap & you have to actually have a brain in your head to wrench under the hood.

I've owned an Rx7 before and have done a few rotor rebuilds with the help of friends in the past. And if you've ever actually noticed, despite how much i thrash the hell out of my cars, NONE of them have ever had a serious engine/gearbox/diff issue. I take care of my cars, they're serviced more often than most people, and i can swing a spanner pretty well.
Can I be in the cool guy gang? I got new rims and everything!

Think they are big enough?
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :Can I be in the cool guy gang? I got new rims and everything!

Think they are big enough?

As big enough as your penis for a woman
Quote from PoVo :As big enough as your penis for a woman

Quote from CheerioDM :That's what she said.

Oh you.

Quote from Shotglass :i think they are a bit off centre

But if I drive really fast, they will balance out. When you spin a piece of string around with a nut on the end it makes a perfect circle, this is bound to work too.
...and it's a Range Rover,so it should handle that uneveness...

Post your Car two
(2437 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG