The online racing simulator
World Of Tanks
(520 posts, started )
Took few months break and just got back playing again. Rebought tiger2 and it is still total crap but I really want e75 and even e100 looks pretty fun. I really need money and I want to sell my arties but I'll just wait for the 8.6 test to see how exactly are the arties going to change.

As for the premium ammo making little impact on low tiers? 10.5 says hello. Those heat shells are game breaking imho. Not to forget grilles and hummels hitting you with 700hp with their working as intended premium ammo from the other side of the map. It is all over the place. Most of the time you don't get them in the enemy team and even if you do they usually die fast if they are not good players. But when you get a good playing derping prem ammo around you are in for a suffering.
I've been playing with KV-3 for quite a long time now (~200 battles I think) and I must say I LOVED IT! Has really nice armor, likes to bounce and does a massive damage. Just awesome. Recently I bought KV-4 (discounts FTW!) and it's a monster! Yes, I'm having trouble penetrating tier 8 stuff as I don't have the ZiS 24 but hell, they're having trouble penetrating me too and that feels so nice . Can't wait for it to be fully upgraded.

P.S. I got 300 gold for free but I'm not sure where I should spend it. I don't think it's worth getting the 1 day premium for 250 as I'm not playing that much so I think it's better to get 7500 free exp. for my KV-4. What do you think?
Just got an IS-7 few days ago being my 7th top tier tank. However, it's been a disappointment so far, so I guess it will just become a reserve tank that I can use if my T110E5 freezes in CW's.

Currently I'm enjoying the 15x exp for the toptier crews (:tilt and will start grinding again next Thursday when I can sell my IS-8 for bigger price due to the current discount. Haven't yet decided if I should go next to the new Leopard 1 or T-62A. At the moment I have tier 8's researched from both trees, but I'm still wondering if the Leopard is worth it as I haven't seen yet so many of them in action to see how good it actually is.

Quote from Sobis :P.S. I got 300 gold for free but I'm not sure where I should spend it. I don't think it's worth getting the 1 day premium for 250 as I'm not playing that much so I think it's better to get 7500 free exp. for my KV-4. What do you think?

Free exp converting is always a good idea. Every piece of extra experience is a nice relief when playing a stock tank and totally worth it.
Quote from Joku123 :
Currently I'm enjoying the 15x exp for the toptier crews (:tilt

What the heck, how?!

Quote from Joku123 :
Free exp converting is always a good idea. Every piece of extra experience is a nice relief when playing a stock tank and totally worth it.

Thanks for the opinion, I'm thinking the same way as the almost stock KV-4 really lacks penetration.
Quote from Sobis :What the heck, how?!

Military Parade special gives 5x multiplier for first victory and 3x crew experience for toptiers. Actually, with accelerated crew training one of crew members gets 30x exp.
I had a few hundred gold kicking about, so with my 300 for the password change I bought the FCM36 PaK40 premium TD, plus some camo for it, both on 50% discount at the moment. I'll save the rest for demounting equipment.

Had this blinder of a game yesterday - it's not the size of your gun, it's what you do with it that counts

Yey Russian bias. I love WOT it's realistic cos a L47 75mm can't penetrate shit.
Never noticed any Russian Bias. I do perfectly well in my non-russian tanks and any tanks which have an obvious advantage are limited by being weak elsewhere

For example, the KV-1S with the 122 which is one of the prime receivers of 'ZOMG TEH RUZN BIAS' cries - if it's parked round a corner peek-a-booing at you then it WILL win. However it has paper armour and takes aeons to reload, you just have to make sure you engage it on your terms. Every tank should be OP if it's played to it's strengths versus a tank which isn't being played to its strengths. That's the point of having strengths.
Every tank is OP, until you get one yourself
The L70 75mm from the Panther should desecrate pretty much anything but it can't even kill a KV-1 with a single hit.

I'm somewhat of a tank nerd.
That's because it's a game, not a documentary on the effects of tank weapons.

Panther is a Tier 7 medium, it shouldn't be one-shotting Tier 5 heavies regardless of the gun it's carrying.
Quote from Crashgate3 :That's because it's a game, not a documentary on the effects of tank weapons.

Panther is a Tier 7 medium, it shouldn't be one-shotting Tier 5 heavies regardless of the gun it's carrying.

If it features WW2 tanks then it should feature some amount of realism. L/70 is able to render a KV1 completely useless even from a frontal hit (if it was to penetrate) [which with the velocity of the L/70 was very much a high possibility.] A Panther isn't a god of a tank, it's actually quite weak from the flanks and the rear, it could be disabled by mg fire into the engine cover. So it's no excuse for them nerfing the L/70....

KV-1 is actually one of the worst tanks of the war but on WOT it can withstand 50mm shots from a Panzerjäger to the rear no problem at all.

The gun is everything, but mostly the best guns are on tanks with capable maneuverability but lacking in side armour and rearward protection, the only exception is the Tiger I.
Quote from BlueFlame :...

WoT is an arcade game, not a sim.

You don't die as soon as you get shot once in most FPS either, it would just not be fun.
Quote from Bean0 :WoT is an arcade game, not a sim.

You don't die as soon as you get shot once in most FPS either, it would just not be fun.

Then why not have fictional tanks.
Quote from BlueFlame :Then why not have fictional tanks.

Like the various prototypes that only existed in sketchbooks that we have ?
Quote from Bean0 :Like the various prototypes that only existed in sketchbooks that we have ?

Not COMPLETELY fictional though.
Quote from BlueFlame :Then why not have fictional tanks.

Why not have fictional everything? Why not have a fictional computer, then you can just sit at home masturbating whilst punching yourself in the face and crying.
Quote from Crashgate3 :Why not have fictional everything? Why not have a fictional computer, then you can just sit at home masturbating whilst punching yourself in the face and crying.

Wut?

If that's where your argument went then I'll go silently.
haha, I'm not really sure where I was going with that either....

Drinking after work and the internet are not good bedfellows.
Quote from Crashgate3 :haha, I'm not really sure where I was going with that either....

Drinking after work and the internet are not good bedfellows.

Well if there's anyone in this forum that knows about posting something and then feeling regretful it is I.
For the ones who got tired of arcade nonsense like HP, bizzare visibility system there is a good opponent to Wargaming. It is called WarThunder. Its more sim biased, but still has an arcade mode, yet it is still biased to realism. It only has planes so far, but land vehicles will be added real soon.

I've tried WG's World of Warplanes and it is a total disaster compared to WT.

I stopped logging in WoT after I installed WarThunder. Worth a try.
Warthunder is OK, but I've not found myself missing it when I don't play, like WOT.

What winds me up with War Thunder is the fact that with the multiple respawns each team is made up of around 60-70 aircraft so even if you kill 10 of them you'll still not make a dent in whether or not your team wins. You may as well just toss a coin.

Yes you get that in WOT too but nowhere near as much.
You didn't try Historic battle mode, did you?

No respawns, no aim marker, no reload midair, realistic flight model instead of UFOs from arcade mode. Just skill. Shooting down 4 planes with YaK-9 which only has 30 rounds is far more thrilling than any battle in WoT I've had.

Warthunder showed me how stupid some of the arcade aspects of WoT look like. And they will have tanks released quite soon. If the situation with tanks will be atleast a little alike as with planes (WoWP is plain awful), I think WG will have some butthurt :-)

PS: Still the worst thing about WoT are the players. I just have seen what WoT used to be before it got popular and tonns of idiots came into the game. Its a pain to see that you teammates have less than 46% WR (XVM mode can show you teammates stats ingame during battle) and they just ruin the match. Tbh, I really doubt that you have that MUCH less in WoT than in WT.
Quote from [RF]-art555 :You didn't try Historic battle mode, did you?

Yes I did. Flying for 10 minutes out to a target just to get immediately shot down the second you meet an enemy plane is not my idea of fun.

If they had the proper flight models with the Arcade battle types it would be great, but Historical Mode just winds me up in the same way Il-2 did - the hoops you have to jump through just to get a game with some other humans.
I'm enjoying my 704 .......

World Of Tanks
(520 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG