The online racing simulator
Post your Car two
(2437 posts, started )
Very nice doyal! I test drove a couple of S2Ks before getting the Zed, liked them a lot but insurance was prohibitively expensive for me, especially compared to the Zed.

One that I drove had an AEM intake which sounded pretty awesome, and of course you can't beat a bit of 9000rpm action!
What makes you think you will loose hp's? With it off?
Quote from mblixt :just saying that the car is well fast enough to have a well functioning diffuser.
this cute 133hp thing made enough of a vacum to pull off the whole diffuser and part of the undertray.
and a diffuser can operate at way lower speeds then a wing, a wing in general is worthless under 80km/h

Picture

Does that car even pull higher than 130km/h, or is it already halfway through earth by then?
It's pretty much a fact. I'm not sure if somebody ever put the car on a dyno to have evidence, but if you search a little on the biggest S2000 forum (s2ki.com), you'll find that the majority of people agree it hurts the performance of the car to take the lid off. And they really try everything to squeeze out the last few HP of this car... if it would help the performance, people wouldn't advise to keep the lid on.

From personal experience, the car pulls better in lower RPMs with the lid on. Honda designed the airbox pretty well.

There's also people who've put two stock S2000's against each other in a drag race and the car with the lid off was always falling behind (they changed lids and always the car without fell behind).
Cool. Just wondered.

I wonder if its anything to do with heat soak from the engine.
I think it has to do with heat soak, yep.

People have made tests with the hood open on a dyno (just searched a little)... the car seems to perform better with the lid off (when the hood is open), but once you close the hood, intake temperatures are worse when the lid is off, hence the loss in power.

I guess this means it's time for doyal to put an airscoop on the hood of his car...

EDIT: Bonnet... sorry...
Many cars perform better with the lid open.

I couldn't really comprehend how it would be better with the op closed, hence why i didn't talk.

But from what I know most performance tests done on dyno's are with the lids up, It's better for the cooling and it's better for the Airflow to the engine.
Hot air to engine worse mixture,cold better=CAI
I'm thinking of buying a supercharger kit for the M3. Race Marque Systems has a nice one wich will give the M3 about 440-450bhp, wich for me is more then enough. Remains stock internals. Is about 5-6k but is as expensive as building a decent engine with a turbo.
Won't do many events anymore this year, so i can save up a nice amount of money too.
Just placed my supercharger kit order, can't wait! Everybody kept trying to sway me towards turbo but meh, I wanna play under 3k too. (and besides, my last car had two of em, so I'm ready to walk on the other side )
Quote from jibber :I know it sounds nice with the lid off, but i'd keep it on... you'll lose a few HP at lower RPMs without it. The car looks really mint, congrats!

Only gave it a quick test with the lid off, lovely induction sound! but was wary of the heat soak.

K&N induction kit should arrive tomorrow
Quote from Tinytacohead :Just placed my supercharger kit order, can't wait! Everybody kept trying to sway me towards turbo but meh, I wanna play under 3k too. (and besides, my last car had two of em, so I'm ready to walk on the other side )

Superchargers are much more fun, and if you aren't going to make over 500hp you won't have to worry about it taking power away.

My coilovers arrived, I have a New Old Stock VW roofrack en route, and a limited edition Momo steering wheel arrive today.

Say good bye to stock height on my 9000 original mile 1981 Rabbit.
Quote from Blade3562 : my 9000 original mile 1981 Rabbit.

Wahhh?
Firstly, how on earth did you find a 30 year old run-around with 9000 miles on it, and how do you know it's genuinely only done 9000?
Secondly, surely you should be keeping it totally original and putting in dry storage or something
Quote from sinbad :Wahhh?
Firstly, how on earth did you find a 30 year old run-around with 9000 miles on it, and how do you know it's genuinely only done 9000?
Secondly, surely you should be keeping it totally original and putting in dry storage or something

Was an old lady's car, she kept all the documents from her yearly garage visits. I got it with 7100 miles two years ago. After I lower it, throw some wheels on and a couple other vintage things I'm done. No molesting this one, gotta buy a different one lol.
it prolly turned over few times so it has around 509000 miles
Quote from e2mustang :it prolly turned over few times so it has around 509000 miles

Still it would show how good VW's are.
Quote from Blade3562 :..No molesting this one, gotta buy a different one lol.

I hope that statement means you're not planning to drop it as far as 99.999% of the rest of the VW owners on this forum do.
Quote from Tinytacohead :I hope that statement means you're not planning to drop it as far as 99.999% of the rest of the VW owners on this forum do.

He posted his cars not too long ago, don't think it'll look out of shape after the drop. I'm very curious though as what kind of wheels/tyres he's going for.
Before my roll recently

After my roll recently

Spot the difference with the exception of the dents?!

I stuck (had somebody stick) a newly built engine in this the day before car is completely wrecked, LEDA suspension on the front snapped!, roll cage buckled, car squint. The engine is salvagable but I'm not sure whether too continue with racing the XR2's.
Aww, that blows. Good luck!!
Oh my god its a Mk2 fiesta.... Where's the rust!?

Eitherway I actually think it held up quite well with a roll. I can't notice any chassis damage but then again I'm both blind and stupid.

EDIT : Proven that I'm blind because I can't read!
Quote from AlienT. :Before my roll recently

After my roll recently

Spot the difference with the exception of the dents?!

I have to say, you brought that on yourself... Sticking an iRacing-sticker onto the car, it's no wonder you experienced weird physics...

Post your Car two
(2437 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG