The online racing simulator
Heck yeah I don't know how well he'll do, but we'll see Me's my favorite, and I don't make it a secret very often
MM only in the 11 for Martinsville now. Guess Aarons weren't too happy. BV to take the rest. ES already in 4th JGR car for 2 races (dega and ?) so not available.
Dega and Kansas.
-
(DeadWolfBones) DELETED by DeadWolfBones
Well, at Phoenix and Bristol right front tire problems have been prevalent with the Gen-6 car thanks to brake heat. Martinsville definitely has what it takes to be worse than both of these combined. Goodyear has brought a new tire compound developed last August for this car unlike Bristol's tire which was from last year. Will it be an issue this weekend?

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/ne ... atch-at-martinsville.html
Assuming its his nephew since its an announcement and he has been racing the season so far.
It's Jeffery
wtf happened to mark martin in qualifying??
Thats one way to eliminate the competition...
Bob Dillner ‏@bobdillner 11m
After race, @JebBurtonRacing went to apologize to Ron Hornaday. Hornaday smiled and refused to talk to Jeb. #NASCAR @NASCARonSPEED
Quote from JackDaMaster :wtf happened to mark martin in qualifying??

I beleive he said they got behind by teaching him how to drive Martinsville on Friday, but by Saturday they both got a handle on it, and even after some issues today he and the #11 ended up 10th .

Danica finished 12th, but her car was good enough to win.. if somebody else was driving it
Yea... She did ok for her first bout at martinsville.
On which channel of directv is nascar? I couldnt find where to watch it.
fox? speed (fox sports 1)? espn/abc and tnt later. if you mean the hotpass thing afaik they dont do it anymore.

btw i thought Danica did good, she did good at the end to hold her position in front of everyone that had fresh tyres.

In other news Ryan Truex broke his collarbone and his cup debut has been delayed from Richmond to Dover.
Quote from chanoman315 :On which channel of directv is nascar? I couldnt find where to watch it.

When we had DirecTV Speed Channel was on channel 607 (Fox Sports 1 it will become this summer) and FOX was 28, but you're likely looking for your local FOX affiliate, so I couldn't tell you that for certain

Hope this helps
The Format for the Eldora truck race has been announced: http://www.nascar.com/en_us/ne ... ude-qualifying-races.html

2 lap standard qualifying, 5 heat races, 1 LCQ, and a 150 lap feature split into 3 segments of 60, 50, 40. Not really sure why the race required segments .

Since there's not a pit lane they will have "non-competitive pit-stops" between each segment.
Segment thing is stupid, don't understand why they needed that. Makes it feel more like an exhibition race than an actual points race.
Probably so the teams can put fuel in deh tanks? Would have loved to have seen a actual race tho... With pitstops etc
-
(JackDaMaster) DELETED by JackDaMaster : i cant read etc
Quote from Mustangman759 :Probably so the teams can put fuel in deh tanks? Would have loved to have seen a actual race tho... With pitstops etc

Then give them bigger fuel tanks. Pretty sure dirt cars can run 125-150 laps without pitting for fuel. Shouldn't have a race requiring pit stops at a track without pit road in the first place.

If you can't tell, I'm more and more skeptical of this race.
True dat. I love the idea, but segments... Ffs
Fuel should be fine for at least 100 laps or so, think in perspective to how far they could go at Martinsville, and then add about 10%. I think it is because there is so many unknowns they don't want a 100 lap dash or something like that. The event is going to take most of the day (Q, heats, LCQ), and then a 100 lap dash could take 40 minutes including 5 cautions (Just looked up some WoOLMS). Most features are 35, 50, 75, and (less often) 100 lap races. NASCAR doesn't want a main race to last less than one hour, as they want to put on a "show" like normal.

What I don't understand, is will they reward efforts in the first two segments? Or will the last segment be the only one to matter?
I was thinking that this would be a great race if it wasn't messy. I know now that it won't be clean nor will it be a great race even if it is :|

Take them to a track that has a pitlane or make the track add one.. For future reference if you want to make me happy (like that matters though to NASCAR)

Bring the Mansfield truck race back
First night races of the year are tonight (Nationwide) and tomorrow (Cup)

Trucks at Rockingham on Sunday

Speeds in yesterday's testing were greater than last years pole speed of 190 average and they were around 192 for the top times

2013 NASCAR Thread for the Rednecks
(1309 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG