The online racing simulator
I assumed by saying that the new system is better for the environment, they were trying to eliminate the jet dryers all together. Possible that the two work together though, best of both worlds.
Holy crap, what the hell is that thing on Ambrose' face? That is Ambrose in the Dewalt fire suit right?
Yup, he grew a squirrel in the off season it would appear.. noticed that on the Roar before the 24 pictures

Edit: Chevy, Ford, Toyota 1, 2, 3 at the top of the speed chart so far this morning (Menard, Biffle, Kenseth)

Edit2: Kenseth to the top with 192 mph in single car runs.. (194 pole speed for last year's 500). That will definitely be faster this year once qualifying comes around . Toyota's typically aren't good plate track qualifiers either

Edit3: Oh look Waltrip will be in the 500 again. http://www.swanracingco.com/
No drafting yet in the afternoon session, but Kenseth and Hamlin broke the 194mph barrier.. the only 2 to do so . Waltrip could crash the whole field

Edit: Holy cow, those roof flaps are huge Maybe they'll let them go faster (yeah right)
Edit2: Kenseth and Hamil tried the tandem and this new car didn't seem to like it.. they only ran 194mph.. Burton ran that alone in qualifying trim later on
Looks like 3 Toyotas are going to go out and run together here just before practice ends

Edit: Draft doesn't seem to be quite as strong is some ways and stronger in others . Seems like a single car can catch the draft once again if they mix it up. Also there's not a lot of speed to gain in a 4 car draft vs. a single car run.. maybe a mile per hour is all. They took spring out of the rear and this set the rear of the car way down. It actually seems pretty interesting and hopefully it will allow the pack to spread out some. I don't hold too much hope in that, but it would be nice.

There were 4 cars at most in the draft at the end of today's afternoon session. Drafting may return tomorrow in the morning or afternoon either one if I am not mistaken. NASCAR will allow them to draft in the morning sessions this year
Looks like there was a crash in the draft today (10 cars) . I'm watching the session off of the DVR right now.

The cars seem a lot less in control than before and it seems as though there is a pocket of air behind the car in which is actually slower than a little further back of that car. It should make the draft a little calmer. You can make moves on your own now I beleive, but of course the cars behind you will always dictate rather you've made a good call or not on the plate tracks..
They're saying that Chevy and Toyota's bumpers still line up, Ford doesn't work quite as well with the others.
Watkins Glen is making some kind of announcement tomorrow, could just be a sponsor thing but I'm hoping they're running the full track this year. Said there will be a hint this afternoon.
Truck race in future, sponsorship, or ALMS/GA related.

Or its based on NASCAR?
I don't think it said Nascar specific, my guess would be its about a Cup race sponsor. They're having the press conference at Dinosaur BBQ in Syracuse which has been a vendor there the past couple years and has restaurants in a couple places up here, I'm wondering if they might be the sponsor.
Dinosaur BBQ is the shit please let this happen.
Quote from Rappa Z :Dinosaur BBQ is the shit please let this happen.

Is Dinosaur BBQ a national brand? I've never heard of it
They have one in NYC, Syracuse, and Rochester all in NY. Think maybe there might be a new one NJ too? And I've heard they're building a new one in Buffalo soon. They've been expanding more recently.

I've always thought it was overrated, its OK food but the wait for the one here is like 2 hours on weekends and they don't take reservations, no thanks. Their sauces are good though. If they are trying to start to go more national, sponsoring a Cup race would be the way to do it.

Edit: Been waiting all day for WGI to post their "hint" on Twitter. Finally realized its been up there all afternoon:

https://twimg0-a.akamaihd.net/ ... a291357d98e972592fd5.jpeg

Safe to say the announcement will involve the race sponsor.
Yeah, that definitly would be a good way to do that. Speaking of the Glen, hopefully the race there will be as good this year as it was last
Just a lame sponsorship announcement, with the way they were hyping it up I was hoping for more. Cheez-It 355 at the Glen has a nice ring to it...or not.
Cheez-it, that works. They can be pretty good, and addicting.
Quote from UncleBenny :Just a lame sponsorship announcement, with the way they were hyping it up I was hoping for more. Cheez-It 355 at the Glen has a nice ring to it...or not.

Better than 'Helluva Good! Sour Cream Dips at The Glen'.
Quote from Rappa Z :Better than 'Helluva Good! Sour Cream Dips at The Glen'.

This is for sure
Landon Cassill leaves #83 BK Racing today.
Piket full time nationwide series with Turner though

2013 NASCAR Thread for the Rednecks
(1309 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG