The online racing simulator
Truex has debris in LF shock and fails post race inspection for front being too low. Could his night get any worse?

Also, Brad's car is taken by NASCAR to R&D center. Probably not a "random" decision like it is supposed to be.
This race had 4 "fake" cautions! Las Vegas had 2, Daytona had 3, and California had 3.

Phoenix (8 real cautions) and Martinsville (12 real cautions) didn't have any though.

Please tell me that I'm not the only person getting tired of it..
Nationwide's a joke, why exactly are Cup guys in top equipment alowed to run week in, week out?

Yeah it brings sponsor money, but....
Quote from DieKolkrabe :Nationwide's a joke, why exactly are Cup guys in top equipment alowed to run week in, week out?

It was worse when they where able to contend for the championships.
Quote from DieKolkrabe :Nationwide's a joke, why exactly are Cup guys in top equipment alowed to run week in, week out?

Only practical reason i see is to have a baseline for talent in comparison to higher levels.
The suicide at the NRA 500 is even further complicated because of the fact that guns were not permitted on the infield. Which the NRA would not be in favor of

Expect qualifying times this week to top 200 MPH possibly at Kansas. Also, notice that there were a couple of suspension problems in the first truly stressful 500 mile race of the year on parts (the Daytona 500 isn't)

Hopefully this will not be an issue moving forward with the added downforce. Darlington is rumored to be super fast this year too, so the Southern 500 in a few weeks will be our first real indication as to how much of an issue this really will be. This is just a growing pain for the Gen-6 car and should take care of its self in time.

I don't mind speeds over 200 at Kansas in qualifying. In the race though, I would find an issue with it. That almost certainly won't happen, but the forecast shows little chance of rain on Sunday with cloudy skies and a high in the 60's. These are good conditions for speed.
Hornaday is a self absorbed jerk.
Welp:

Quote :Jenna Fryer ‏@JennaFryer 1m
#NASCAR penalizes Keselowski and Logano 25 points each, crew chiefs suspended 6 races and fined $100k each

Jeff Gluck ‏@jeff_gluck 1m
Penske penalties: Crew chiefs, car chiefs, engineers and team manager all get six-week suspensions. 25 pts lost for Keselowski, Logano.

Jenna Fryer ‏@JennaFryer 1m
#NASCAR penalizes Truex 6 points, crew chief Chad Johnston fined $25k and on probation until June 5.

Jeff Gluck ‏@jeff_gluck 3m
Ron Hornaday: No suspension but 25-point penalty and $25,000 fine. #NASCAR

From Bob Pockrass..

Penske penalties for unapproved parts. violated rule that all fasteners & mounting hardware must be solid magnetic steel & violated rule that all suspension mounts must not allow movement or realignment of any suspension component beyond normal rotation/travel

Ron got off easy, but Penske got raped.
Penske is also appealing.. they just might win that one

None of the others are.

http://www.jayski.com/cupnews.htm#20130417e

45 on the Kansas Cup series entry list

Same tires for this year's cup race as last year's fall race which was a crash fest and contained more cautions than any other on the schedule.
Jeff crashed in qualy.

Well...44th on the grid apparently.

Has he actually ever DNQ'd for a race?
Quote from DieKolkrabe :Jeff crashed in qualy.

Well...44th on the grid apparently.

Has he actually ever DNQ'd for a race?

No, he has not in the Sprint Cup, but oddly enough he DNQ'ed for the 1991 Daytona Nationwide race . That's his only NASCAR DNQ : http://racing-reference.info/driver/Jeff_Gordon

Qualifying Results: http://racing-reference.info/getqualify/2013-08/W

Joe Nemechek qualified 37th and will not start the race due to the rulebook. The top 36 positions are set on qualifying time, and the last 7 are set by owners points. Joe had less owners points than everybody else outside of 36th.
Kyle, your lip's quivering.
Look pretty composed to me, but maybe I'm just comparing that to JG and JJ.
Tied for win in fantasy lol
It's so.... Beautiful....

Danica to team: Why isn't Gilliland letting me by?

Gilliland to media: Danica, SHUT UP AND RACE

I'd side with DG on this one, much as I'm not a big fan of his, Danica was whining when he was racing her for position then whining when Ambrose got loose and into her. Okay, she's a rookie, but....
Send 'em all out at once and make it a 20 minute session. Not this stupid "groups of 5-10 drivers" rubbish
Marcos Ambrose has given Kurt Busch some advice ahead of tomorrow's car swap at the Circuit of the Americas with V8 Supercar drivers James Courtney and Fabian Coulthard.

Quote from Speedcafe :NASCAR star Kurt Busch has taken advice from Australia’s own Sprint Cup campaigner, Marcos Ambrose, ahead of his V8 Supercars laps at the Circuit of the Americas.Busch will drive the V8 Supercars Car of the Future prototype around the Texas venue tonight (Australian time) in order to promote the upcoming Austin 400.

V8 Supercars stars James Courtney and Fabian Coulthard, meanwhile, will steer one of Busch’s Furniture Row Racing Chevrolet SS NASCARs.

Busch was first contacted about testing the car just one week ago by countryman Boris Said, who is a former Paul Morris Motorsport endurance V8 Supercars co-driver.

The 34-year-old Busch says that Ambrose, who won two V8 Supercars titles before heading to the USA, was his first point of contact from there.

“The way you do it in the NASCAR garage is you call Marcos Ambrose,” Busch told SpeedTV of preparing for the test laps.

“And so I got his number right away and talked to him about it. As I’m talking to him, I’m pulling up information on the internet about the specs on the cars.

“They weigh 3,100 pounds (1400kg). The fun part will be driving from the right seat, shifting with my left arm.

“Even the (V8 Supercars) guy, (director of sanctioned business ) Adam (Firth), he’s joking around. He goes, ‘You know, the pedals are reversed, too?’

“And I’m sitting there scratching my head and I tell Marcos, ‘I think he’s messing with me.’ He goes, ‘Yeah, he must be a New Zealander.’”

Busch added that he also sought Ambrose’s advice on the task of helping Courtney and Coulthard adapt to the Sprint Cup vehicle.

“I asked Ambrose about that. ‘What’s going to be the first thing that’s foreign to them?,’ said Busch.

“And that is the very tall first gear — we only have four gears with our cars, as well as it’s an ‘H’ pattern.

“They know, ‘H’ patterns, but they’re going to really have to slip the clutch and it’s going to be tough for them to get the car going. Once it’s going, Ambrose said they’ll take care of it.”

Busch added that he expects the V8 Supercar to be faster around the Austin venue than his NASCAR, despite giving away some 200bhp.

Source: http://www.speedcafe.com/2013/ ... usch-v8-supercars-advice/

The car that Coulthard and Courtney will be driving arrived at COTA earlier today:

Quote from Gougoodthing :Send 'em all out at once and make it a 20 minute session. Not this stupid "groups of 5-10 drivers" rubbish

Eh, I prefer the groups myself. Very unlikely that a slower driver will get in a faster driver's way or the other way around.

Car swaps are always cool and it'll be cool to see Sprint Cup cars at CotA
New logo for the Toyota/Save Mart 350 (at Sonoma)

2013 NASCAR Thread for the Rednecks
(1309 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG