The online racing simulator
Quote from Boris Lozac :I'm surprised Life Of Pi didn't get 24 Oscars with how they started..

I watched Pi just few days ago and it was really good. I was happy to see such film again after very long time. No shooting, no killing, no shitty comedy but lovely nature and advanture. I would be very happy if there were more films like this in today's production, preferably not based on a book.

I was a bit disappointed of too much CGI visible in the film...really, too much. Still now I'm sad I didn't go to see it in cinema, that would be amazing.

Oh and I recommend it.
I watched Argo today morning, it was fine, but by no means Oscar material. Where is Hobbit or Cloud Atlas? These movies were better than Argo imo.
I'd name it "Oscar for nationalism", because it's about SPOILERS: USA agent saving poor people from the bad bad Iran.
Quote from majod :I watched Pi just few days ago and it was really good. I was happy to see such film again after very long time. No shooting, no killing, no shitty comedy but lovely nature and advanture.

All those are good ingredients but it didn't turn out that good for me.. I hate when the film does that.. only a few have pulled it off properly. When everything you saw turns out to be false at the end.
There's some explanation which of the stories was the real one? I didn't read the book...and I can't google anything about it but from what I get in the film I think it's purely up to you to choose which version suits you
I think they made it pretty obvious that everything you saw for almost 3 hours is bollocks..
Quote from Boris Lozac :I think they made it pretty obvious that everything you saw for almost 3 hours is bollocks..

Pretty much.

It the end it was all just a shitty "religious" message. The first 30 minutes or so really makes it apparent. "A story that will make you believe in God". The final message is excellent though - believe whatever you want to believe as long as it makes you happy. So it applies to the endings as well.

Loved the movie.
I don't know about you guys, but I've always taken these awards ceremonies with a grain of salt. I mean, it's Hollywood having a party for Hollywood. Of course they're going to suck up to themselves, they think they are the greatest in the world.
Buried

It goes on slowly to finish you off in the end.
Quote from The Moose :Samsara

Just watch it, preferably in the highest definition on the biggest screen available to you.

Best thing I've seen all year. I only wish I'd caught it at the cinema.

Thanks for that, Moose. I decided to follow your recommendation (including high definition and high quality panel and sound) and I've gotta say, this is simply brilliant.

As I read somewhere else, it's a thin line between astonishing beauty and utter hell.
Glad you enjoyed it!

If you haven't seen it yet, check out another of his films Baraka

Equally stunning.
Argo.
Wreck It Ralph -

Great movie! Very smart, beautiful visuals- blockbuster 3d animations have sunk a bit in quality and originality recently (Brave- meh, Planes- no thanks) but somehow Wreck It Ralph gets it right. I can't wait to show this to my son when he gets older.
The Sweeney.
Quote from The Moose :Glad you enjoyed it!

If you haven't seen it yet, check out another of his films Baraka

Equally stunning.

I certainly will.
Vikings is a pretty decent show.
The Piano
Damn what a movie! The actors are performing really well in this strange drama movie! 9/10
And gotta love the music.
Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol is on netflix now so I watched it.

I thought it was really fun! A few parts made me laugh out loud, plus cool scenes, fights, gadgets, etc. It doesn't take itself seriously which is the best way to do an action movie.

Tom Cruise deserves and award for acting normal.
Quote from flymike91 :Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol is on netflix now so I watched it.

I thought it was really fun! A few parts made me laugh out loud, plus cool scenes, fights, gadgets, etc. It doesn't take itself seriously which is the best way to do an action movie.

Tom Cruise deserves and award for acting normal.

Agreed, great action flick.
Seven Psychopaths FFS... it's like two different planets, the TV show makers and movie makers, what happened..
Really enjoyed that one right up until they got out to the desert.
Watched The Room last night.

I won't suggest it, but only because I demand you watch it. I can't even begin to describe what happened.

Recommend a film you've seen lately.
(3163 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG