The online racing simulator
just in case anyone hasnt noticed,the mclaren`s will be DLC.
Tango
looks like gtr2
Quote from Tango :just in case anyone hasnt noticed,the mclaren`s will be DLC.
Tango

I'm sure that is a no-brainer, I don't expect them to finish it off before the full release. I honestly only expect half the content that has been announced to show up at the 1.0 release. Really not a problem to me.
Quote from e2mustang :looks like gtr2

Lots of emphasis have been put on the GTs lately, but I'm sure that's just how it has unfolded lately. I love GT racing so not a problem here, but with the list of road cars and single seaters also in the lineup, its just beautiful.
I'm really digging this Mclaren more and more, especially the back end.
Doesn't look like GTR 2 at all, to me. Here's a list of cars announced so far.
Cars
  • Abarth 500 SS
  • -
  • BMW 1M - 1.0
  • BMW M3 E92 - 1.0
  • BMW M3 GT2 - 1.0
  • BMW M3 E30 EVO - 1.0
  • BMW M3 E30 DTM - DLC
  • BMW Z4 E89 - 1.0
  • BMW Z4 GT3 - 1.0
  • BMW 1M Safety Car - DLC
  • -
  • Ferrari 458 Italia
  • Ferrari F40
  • Ferrari ?????
  • Ferrari ?????
  • Ferrari ?????
  • Ferrari P4/5 Competizione by Pininfarina
  • -
  • KTM X-bow R
  • -
  • Lotus Elan
  • Lotus EVORA GTE - 1.0
  • Lotus EVORA S - 1.0
  • Lotus 2-ELEVEN - 1.0
  • Lotus 2-ELEVEN GT4 - 1.0
  • Lotus Exige S ´12 - 1.0
  • Lotus Elise SC - 1.0
  • Lotus 25
  • Lotus 33
  • Lotus 49 - 1.0
  • Lotus 49C
  • Lotus 72 - 1.0
  • Lotus 98T - 1.0
  • Lotus T125
  • -
  • Mclaren MP4-12C - DLC
  • Mclaren MP4-12C GT3 - DLC
  • -
  • Pagani Zonda R - 1.0
  • -
  • Tatuus FA01
  • Tatuus Prototype PY 012
And tracks
  • Imola
  • Monza
  • Magione - 1.0
  • Mugello
  • Nurburgring GP
  • Nurburgring Nordschleife VLN
  • Silverstone
  • Vallelunga
DLC´s will be produced up to year 2018.

Original Thread here

1.0 Indicates cars and tracks that will be included in the first full release of AC (Status of tracks, other than Magione is still unknown).
DLC Indicates content that will be Added on at a later date, some DLC might be for a fee.
There has to be a Lotus 7 at some point..
And a Dallara F3 car
y u no caterham
They have a Lotus licence, so, Lotus 7...
Quote from Boris Lozac :They have a Lotus licence, so, Lotus 7...

Eventually, yes, but I wouldn't get my hopes up for 1.0.
An actual original Lotus 7 would be fun/interesting/slow, but I'd rather see a whole array of 7 type cars including modern ones, than just a Lotus 7. Even if it's the later twin-cam Ford engine.
Quote from Taavi(EST) :

Graphics really have now got to the point where I am truly unsure whether that's a photo or a screenshot. It's only the wheels give it away as real I think.

EDIT: and the caustics being reflected onto the road from the doors.
and the way the tarmac looks unnatural the way the curbs look flat the way the white line looks etc it looks nothing like a photo
Quote :

To sum up, bye bye iRental.

Can't ****in wait!

Also, don't forget the game is going to be tailored for modders etc so those won't be the only GT3 cars I'd imagine.
I am only interested in 3 or 4 cars in that list.... I know there will be a bunch of cars made by modders, however, how are they gonna control that the handling and overall quality is on pair with the default ones?
Quote from Crashgate3 :Graphics really have now got to the point where I am truly unsure whether that's a photo or a screenshot. It's only the wheels give it away as real I think.

EDIT: and the caustics being reflected onto the road from the doors.

Quote from Shotglass :and the way the tarmac looks unnatural the way the curbs look flat the way the white line looks etc it looks nothing like a photo

But it is a photo. What do you mean the flat kerbs, white line and unnatural tarmac?
Quote from Taavi(EST) :
  • Nurburgring Nordschleife VLN

really? wow, thought they just held a door open for modding groups to do that track. I guess for me there is no way around this game anymore

And there is quite alot of modding work going on already. Wonder when the first LFS cars get converted, should be a relativly easy job, at least the GTRs would be cool (XRR on the 'Ring ...:schwitz
Quote from ACCAkut :really? wow, thought they just held a door open for modding groups to do that track. I guess for me there is no way around this game anymore

If you have the tech preview you can go to "AC_TechPreview/launcher/themes/default/graphics/64" and find this:

track-ring_icon.png

I don't think it would be there as a joke. Whether it's laser-scanned or not is an another matter.
Quote from tristancliffe :But it is a photo. What do you mean the flat kerbs, white line and unnatural tarmac?

I think they should eat their hat.
They should be force fed more than just a hat.

I can understand exactly why Crashgate couldn't be 100% sure (at first glance), but to say it looks NOTHING like a photo when it IS a real photo is quite silly.

The trouble with modern graphics is the more real they become, the more anything even slightly wrong stands out. Remember F1GP/World Circuit? It didn't look real at all, yet it all looked perfect. PCars/AC/rF2 all look great, but somehow look a lot less perfect.
We just expect more and more and try to find "whats wrong" instead of enjoying the near reality that it is. When NR4 came out I was thinking it looked amazing, but it was mainly because the cars were now "curved". So it may just be expectations more than things actually standing out. Also, I wouldn't put rF2 in the same category as pCars and AC in graphics.

But Crashgate can have the hat for innocence, shotglass can have a shoe.
Quote from NitroNitrous :how are they gonna control that the handling and overall quality is on pair with the default ones?

They can't. Basically the popular mods will be the decent ones, generally speaking. I mean if the mods aren't up to par people will just drive the standard cars anyway so their mod would be uselessly unpopular.

In relation to the GFX talk I think alot of games go for the shiny bloom shiny shiny option. Such as gayCARS where the tyres shine like a polished shoe reflecting back the scenery as opposed to a tyre that's actually being used on an actual track which is dull. Whilst tyres may have a certain amount of shine, it's certainly nothing like alot of games portray these days, much like other surfaces, it seems like they try to bring out reflections for objects that didn't exist in the first place.

That's where the problems lie. You could have a very dull game with quite faint reflections and it would look like one of the most real sims (visually) ever made.

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG