The online racing simulator
No S3 No Scirocco and NO Rockingham. It's just a BLABLABLA... The VWS and The new track is done since 2yrs. why didnt realesd yet?
One thing that I'd like to know might be a little bit on the personal side, but how does having a home based business mix in well with raising a family?
How do you deal with burn-out?
By not doing a thing with your game.
Here's a theory about never-coming S3
Yes, I know: Dead horse, when it's done, bla bla. Just my theory:

S3 will be (hopefully) providing a real-car/real-track combination for the first time. Sure we have real cars at the moment, but I don't believe they have proper data or lap records on Rockingham.

I believe Scirocco on Rockingham came up with non-realistic results - in terms of lap time, driving line, whatever - so there's quite a chance that we have been living a lie under the illusion of realism. Maybe the whole physics engine has to be changed, or they are trying to go nuclear on tyre physics for compensating, I don't know. I can't think of anything else that can cause years of delay after everything is ready.

TL;DR: Maybe VWS on RO1 revealed LFS has to be re-done.
Why would the whole physics engine have to be redone?
Quote from Bose321 :Why would the whole physics engine have to be redone?

it may not has to be, i just can't think of anything else taking so long.
Quote from Ozgun :
TL;DR: Maybe VWS on RO1 revealed LFS has to be re-done.

Don't you think that the FBM would have a lot more times set on that track than the Scirocco?
If they managed to get a stock Scirocco racing there good for them, more data to be able to compare and learn, but I think that is not the case.
LFS has so much potential it makes me wanna cry. Even if Eric released a car every half year to compensate for the tyre physics delay, we would have 8 new cars. Whatever.

sorry for the rant, I just felt like posting something
What i got from the progress report is "we will work towards the S3 version which will provide more tracks and cars to S3 license holders" please note the more tracks and cars to S3 yeah thats right S3 isnt just scirocco and rockingham infact if you havent noticed it clearly says
the VW Scirocco are released as a free update for all S1 and S2 license holders yep FREE please note the FREE for s1 and s2 license holders you wont need to get s3 just for 1 car. I personnely think that they should work a little faster on releasing the physix update and the scirocco even if its got some bugs. And for S3 im sure there is going to be a COUPLE cars and a COUPLE tracks which i would gladly pay another $18.02 dollars for an S3 license

well anyways Scawen Roberts, Eric Bailey, and Victor van Vlaardingen pleaaase hurry up
did this really needs it's own thread?...
Quote from bdog922 :
well anyways Scawen Roberts, Eric Bailey, and Victor van Vlaardingen pleaaase hurry up

You clearly do not understand what they are working on.
Quote from Nadeo4441 :LFS has so much potential it makes me wanna cry. Even if Eric released a car every half year to compensate for the tyre physics delay, we would have 8 new cars. Whatever.

sorry for the rant, I just felt like posting something

If that's how long it takes him and he releases S3 with that many cars. Then I'll be ejaculating excitement.
Quote from Dennis93 :did this really needs it's own thread?...

Merged "What Gives Devs?" and "Here's a theory about never-coming S3" into one thread about LFS development.
Scawen is off the forums for a while now maybe doing something important

What makes LfS LIVE FOR SPEED BEST VIDEO
Quote from tiagox :Scawen is off the forums for a while now maybe doing something important

Or he has nothing to post.
Quote from Sobis :You clearly do not understand what they are working on.

i do the physics update but i dont think it should 4+ years to do... with little updates...
hi, been racing this one since first demo days. We all knew then that it was going to be a slow process and hung in with the 3 of them hoping they could bring on a winner.
They have done to a certain extent but i , as many others have, have moved on to more supported sims. Saying that, i will buy s3 if it appears.

To be really honest, they should scrap mouse /key support in view of the fact it not a cost prohibitive item anymore and they can really screw up the flow of a race.Yes FFB will not give you the best times but we are meant to be racing a simulation.

I still wish the developers well and if they asked the community to provide funds in advance, not unlike a shares package, we may well have a sim that the community has shares in and is properly funded but also gives the developers money to live on.

Quote from juggle :they should scrap mouse /key support

Any serverhost can decide for themselves if they want to support certain controllers or not so this is not really for devs to judge. There is also more going on than racing anyway.

A gamepad is being recognized as a wheel, thats the only thing.
Quote from juggle :...
To be really honest, they should scrap mouse /key support ...

People can use key/mouse to simulate DX analog input anyway.
We all wish LFS had grown and advanced. It was pretty much out there on its own for a year or two. If you wanted road-cars in online races, there wasn't much to choose from in 2003.
They could have struck whilst the iron was hot. Maybe, if they had, it would be the number one online racing simulation today. The development speed was, by any standard, slow, and simply appears to have slowed even further.

There's nothing we can do, I hope they don't regret their decisions, I hope LFS has provided them with the lifestyle they sought when they embarked on the project, and I have nothing but gratitude for them doing so.
I have enjoyed every minute playing LFS and continue to, whenever I get the chance.
It should be a model for all the other sims in so many ways, even down to the UI. Whenever I play a game and can't adjust every little option whilst actually on tracks, I just think, "LFS would let me do that".

It's so refined it's brilliant.

Anyway, I'm sure I've posted my frustration with LFS not fulfilling the potential we all see/saw in the past, but what I want to say here is that I'm still much happier that it exists in the first place, than I am annoyed about it not rising up to dominate the sim world as it perhaps could have.

I do also hope that whenever they do eventually release the next stage, it will be like a beacon to all the players that have drifted away. And all will be well with the world.

[Merged] Discussion regarding LFS development
(1577 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG