The online racing simulator
Quote from Devs :We cannot yet give a release date estimate. We want to get Rockingham to you sooner rather than later, but we don't know what will come up between now and when it is ready for release.

#willpays3feenow4rockingham
Rockingham should be part of S3 if I am not mistaken. So they would need to release S3 first, which won't happen as we can guess. They need to do a lot of updates before S3 can even be considered. This is going to take a long time...
Quote from Mysho :Rockingham should be part of S3 if I am not mistaken. So they would need to release S3 first, which won't happen as we can guess. They need to do a lot of updates before S3 can even be considered. This is going to take a long time...

Lol wut?

Quote :Eric has been working on the S3 content. After the physics update and the VW Scirocco are released as a free update for all S1 and S2 license holders, we will work towards the S3 version which will provide more tracks and cars to S3 license holders.

I just don't understand why LFS is good enough for the actual track to run obviously current versions of LFS WITH Rockingham, while the rest of us who helped fund and create this game with our license purchases get to sit back and wait and wonder.

Releasing 1 new track ahead of the tyre update is a more than reasonable and feasible update to do than say releasing the VWS. I just don't understand why it hasn't been done. Everyone could go to the real track and play what we are all waiting for (not really plausible for most but still the fact remains that it is possible.)

Need to rethink the marketing strategy.

=( Guess I go back to waiting.
RaceFactor 2 beta
My freinds and I got so bored with S2 that we spend all our time now on RF2.

To race the '60's F1-2-3 cars around the old Spa track is an experience we repeat regulary.
The weather changes periodicly (Oh yes, it rains too) or during a race and the shadows lengthen as the race goes on and the scenery is awesome. The RF2 devs sorted the tyre physics in just two weeks and the game is nearing completion.

I feel a great sadness for LFS devs because they have forgotten their faithful clients and remained aloof with no information at all. I hope that S3 (when and IF it ever surfaces) is enough to tempt me back but time is going against them now and more and more are leaving LFS simply out of frustration.
This thread is full of odd reasoning. You're acting as if the devs owed you something, but they don't. You payed for LFS as it was when you bought your license, all updates and extra content you got for free.

The devs don't have to release anything, it's their game and their business. If you don't like it, you're free to move along any play something else, but please stop whining just because the devs don't live up to your expectations.
Quote from MadCatX :This thread is full of odd reasoning. You're acting as if the devs owed you something, but they don't. You payed for LFS as it was when you bought your license, all updates and extra content you got for free.

The devs don't have to release anything, it's their game and their business. If you don't like it, you're free to move along any play something else, but please stop whining just because the devs don't live up to your expectations.

Yes we get this, but why excite us for nothing? What you think our reaction gonna be when shit dont happen after promised? I would be ok if they just said "we are tired of this POS game, no updates anymore". But no...
Quote from MadCatX :This thread is full of odd reasoning. You're acting as if the devs owed you something, but they don't. You payed for LFS as it was when you bought your license, all updates and extra content you got for free.

by reflecting well it is the Devs who have announced the Scirocco since 2008, and since 2007 only the FBM02 was added. we still have same tracks and cars since 2007. It is normal some racers get bored with LFS because the game becomes obsolete.
Correction : We have the same tracks since 2005 and same cars since 2007.
The Scirocco was announced in 2008, and 4 years have passed since then. That's ridiculously 1/4 of my life :/
I "wait" another 10 years :munching_ and more if its useful to make a good working Sim.

I am not boring of waiting, because i dont wait, i play other stuff
Quote from Xenix74 :I "wait" another 10 years :munching_ and more if its useful to make a good working Sim.

you race 10 times per year, normal that you are not bored
no i race every week with friends offline, because we drive full manuel on road cars and there are no server for that type of rules (clutch, h-shift, 720 rotation, fastest lap)
Quote from Xenix74 :no i race every week with friends offline, because we drive full manuel on road cars and there are no server for that type of rules (clutch, h-shift, 720 rotation, fastest lap)

Ok Sorry
Np

Its hard to find anybody else they accept this rules online, the people like to cheat ( i can setup the clutch and h-shift on lapper but i cant control the rotation angle, so i dont drive online anymore, its more cheating as racing if every body has a different setup in the hardware)

sry for my bad english
The devs are of course free to do as they wish, but I for sure won't be buying S3, whether it is released tomorrow or in 2020.
Quote from Xenix74 :Np

the people like to cheat

Where do you get this info from? If people do cheat, their success is a hollow victory and shows an inadequacy in their skills.
They know that. If they can't race cleanly where is the satisfaction?

Re; S3, I havent got 10 years to wait as I am 70 years old and that is why I want it asap.
Quote from Xenix74 :I "wait" another 10 years :munching_ and more if its useful to make a good working Sim.

ill wait 10 years too, but i guess we will only have higher resolution crowds then
after subscribing to the dirt series, I've come to realise that although the LFS development process might be a long old road, it's still the best way. I've paid nearly £100 for 3 dirt titles and i think i've logged about 10 hours in all three games combined. those games lack a lot which LFS (even in it's current working fine state) still gives.
thats dirt.. its never going to be a realistic sim, i noticed that after dirt 2 when it was more like an arcade game.

LFS on the other hand, its trying to compete along some of the best sims, such as iRacing, rFactor and more.
For my part I never said the LFS game was bad. Only after five years of games some LFS racers loses interest and gets bored in the game.

Now there will always be people who will say if you are not happy you can leave, I like this game and I think we just want to get things done
Let's be honest, it's just a game and the competition is really tight. Nobody forces you to sit here and complain. With the loss of players lose only Devs.
Quote from xtraction :thats dirt.. its never going to be a realistic sim, i noticed that after dirt 2 when it was more like an arcade game.

LFS on the other hand, its trying to compete along some of the best sims, such as iRacing, rFactor and more.

yeah, it was just an example of how much we actually have in LFS compared to a much bigger title that keeps churning out the same stuff but with more eye candy. RF2 is the next sim racers addition. I've never bought into the iracing thing. So for me, RF2 is a must buy.
Quote from Danas :Strategically they made the worst move ever with the rockingham @ rockingham. WE are the people who pay for playing, we are the people who would give the kind of feedback where the devs want and what the devs want, but now all we got is some screenshots and some random people driving at the new track for a couple of minutes, while we just drool. It just makes me want to think that the devs just dont know what there doing marketing wise. treating your customers like s**t, posting the same update report from '09. if there wouldve been any other updates to LFS, why not release them without the new physics? This makes me feel nothing else hase been done... BUT WHO KNOWS It just doesnt make sense to me, oh and the Scirocco? Seems like nobody even cares about it anymore because its been so long.. Im starting to hope that they give up on the project and just sell it to a team of people who just keep the physics and change everything else and actually give us updates on whats going on.

When did spending £24 on one of the best sims on the planet give people the licence to act like complete ejits?

Imagine going to get a take away pizza, and when the place was getting renovated you waltzed on, and on the basis of once spending £24 on a really nice pizza (say a pizza that continued to be 'consumerable' for years and years), you start shouting at the managers telling them how they don't care about you and treat you like sh*t & how the renovation should be quicker. You agree that would be odd behavour? no?

The contract between YOU and LFS is very simple. You give them £24 and you get S2 content with the occasional bug fix. They have more than lived up to their side of the contract. If you have beef, take them to court. Though taking a match and setting light to a bundle of cash would yield more worth.

If people engaged half a brain cell they may figure out that Rockingham probably contracted Scawan and co to create it. WE probably didn't PAY for it! As if somehow PAYING for LFS is somehow like a TAX which would give you the right to demand certain things. It isn't a tax though, it's a contract between buyer and supplier. LFS isn't a democratic sovereign state. It's a business.

The contract probably stipulates a number of things that mean it may not be contained within S2. Or that maybe the devs don't want to release it yet. So what?

I feel for the devs sometimes having people totally misunderstand the fundamentals about how they do things.
Quote from Intrepid :When did spending £24 on one of the best sims on the planet give people the licence to act like complete ejits?

Imagine going to get a take away pizza, and when the place was getting renovated you waltzed on, and on the basis of once spending £24 on a really nice pizza (say a pizza that continued to be 'consumerable' for years and years), you start shouting at the managers telling them how they don't care about you and treat you like sh*t & how the renovation should be quicker. You agree that would be odd behavour? no?

The contract between YOU and LFS is very simple. You give them £24 and you get S2 content with the occasional bug fix. They have more than lived up to their side of the contract. If you have beef, take them to court. Though taking a match and setting light to a bundle of cash would yield more worth.

If people engaged half a brain cell they may figure out that Rockingham probably contracted Scawan and co to create it. WE probably didn't PAY for it! As if somehow PAYING for LFS is somehow like a TAX which would give you the right to demand certain things. It isn't a tax though, it's a contract between buyer and supplier. LFS isn't a democratic sovereign state. It's a business.

The contract probably stipulates a number of things that mean it may not be contained within S2. Or that maybe the devs don't want to release it yet. So what?

I feel for the devs sometimes having people totally misunderstand the fundamentals about how they do things.

Right and because Scawen and Crew are such good developers and well known people, I am sure they are the first people Rockingham went to about this. I would bet money, that Rockingham already had a laser scan of the track and offered it to Scawen and Company for a price.

As for the fundamentals about how they are doing things, they are very lousy and lacking. I have half the mind to be able to see that lack of communication is a not helping them any BUT it is hurting their image in the long run.
Quote from edge3147 :...As for the fundamentals about how they are doing things, they are very lousy and lacking. I have half the mind to be able to see that lack of communication is a not helping them any BUT it is hurting their image in the long run.

True!

People are (rightly) pissed off because devs announced things big time and then covered them with a big veil of silence for years now...

[Merged] Discussion regarding LFS development
(1577 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG