The online racing simulator
Quote from kimd41 :Who's looking forward for the christmas progress report? I'm betting for another tire picture, oh yeah I'd love a wireframe of that sexy b*itch.

Not going to happen.
Time for me to unsubscribe.
Pack your bags guys - time to leave !
Be nice Dave, it's sunday at people got hangover
Dec 21, 2012, doomsday approaching, Scawen is unsubscribing, Dave is leaving, the world is coming to an end - The Very End!
It's just an illusion.
:d
I like trains
It was good run.

*waves bye*
Play nice now people!
Quote from yeager :From developing LFS?

This is a typically outrageous and ridiculous interpretation of something I said which has an obvious meaning.

It's absolutely obvious what "unsubscribe" means, to click the "unsubscribe" option so that I don't receive email notifications of new posts on this thread. That would be, of course, to save me wasting so many minutes of the one life that I have, reading posts like yours and edge3147's.

If I was saying that I have decided to throw away my career on a whim, that suddenly developing a program that I care greatly about means nothing to me any more because a couple of people on the internet made a couple of irritating posts, then I'd say something about it, wouldn't I? You really have a bizarre view of the world. YOU are the kind of person that makes Eric avoid posting here.

You complain about our communication. Why not learn to read?

[ After posting this, I'll unsubscribe again - no that doesn't mean I'm giving up my career and going to look for a job ]
Quote from Scawen :This is a typically outrageous and ridiculous interpretation of something I said which has an obvious meaning.

It's absolutely obvious what "unsubscribe" means, to click the "unsubscribe" option so that I don't receive email notifications of new posts on this thread. That would be, of course, to save me wasting so many minutes of the one life that I have, reading posts like yours and edge3147's.

If I was saying that I have decided to throw away my career on a whim, that suddenly developing a program that I care greatly about means nothing to me any more because a couple of people on the internet made a couple of irritating posts, then I'd say something about it, wouldn't I? You really have a bizarre view of the world. YOU are the kind of person that makes Eric avoid posting here.

You complain about our communication. Why not learn to read?

[ After posting this, I'll unsubscribe again - no that doesn't mean I'm giving up my career and going to look for a job ]

You must not take every post seriously , people like caricature each other on the net . :chairs:
I will not speak too much about dev so I have just one question: We will get a progress report at the end of December?
Quote from lfsrm :We will get a progress report at the end of December?

That question is already answered by various others but let me not stay behind: No.

And use head to think why its no.

Excellent
Quote from lfsrm :I will not speak too much about dev so I have just one question: We will get a progress report at the end of December?

I think the latest progress can be seen in the patch that was released last month.
Quote from lfsrm :You must not take every post seriously , people like caricature each other on the net . :chairs:
I will not speak too much about dev so I have just one question: We will get a progress report at the end of December?

While I would love to see it from Scawen, I'm pretty sure I can do that for him now:
"We did almost a year of work on new tyres and improvements you can enjoy in 0.6E. What was ready to be released, is released, and now we work on the rest, so we can release it as soon, as it will be ready to be released."

And pic of wireframe tyre would be nice too. Or to make it epic this year, a short animated gif from some of the tyre simulator tools...
Eventually (Scawen: this one would be very welcome by me personally, as a developer I like to read about "what went wrong", usually gives me inspiration for my own bug hunting sessions) he can post some of the failures of the new tyre models he run into, like what behaviour of tyre ruined try number #x, and what ruined try number #y, it would maybe explain better, why he has to try it again and improve it more.

Sort of pity Scawen doesn't use versioning system. He could have kept us informed how many times he commited something into it. It's obviously totally useless metric in terms of how close he is to finishing it right now (which is basically the info you ask for, right?), but so is anything else he can make, as he is right now crafting pure art, and you never know how much more work you have to put into it, until you are done. And that moment you know "this is it", and release it. But a week ago you could just tell you are close to it. And sometimes so a year ago, or two...

Uh, and sorry I'm a bit ahead on time with the progress report, but those couple of days don't really matter.
I am addressing especially to Scawen, as he seams (or seamed.. by the looks of it) to be more active on these threads, but it is a message that could be addressed to all devs:

I don't understand why you sometimes choose to answer provocative posts like some of the above (please take my statement gently, as I an not at all trying to blame you even for this..). Why not just simply ignore them ? . There will always be trolls, especially from behind a computer screen, and what's more important is that no matter what you say you'll probably never manage to change their opinion.

Instead, why not starting a normal dialog with the people that really understand why you have taken the decision that you did, people that really care about what you have to say and not trying to twist your every single word in something that it was not meant to; with people that WOULD very much appreciate an update (being communication or content wise) but don't ASK for it as it was already agreed on, with people that seem/are almost as passionate about using and enjoying LFS as you are about working on it ?

In my opinion is either that, either total silence.. but don't really see the point regarding the later.. I think that (re)starting a healthy communication would eventually "heal" the community and who knows, maybe even push the trolls away (or they would at least be "educated" by the community).

I suppose that similar messages as the one I am trying to send here were probably discussed before (The Very End is a name that comes into my mind), but one more time couldn't hurt.. Heck I am even ready to start a petition, if it would help to show the there could be some truth in what I am saying (..or show me that I am wrong ). I am sure that there would be many ways to make this work (from a simple "official" communication thread, to even a moderated one).
I, for one, am still enjoying LFS, running a league with some friends and having a blast each Sunday evening. I DO feel that I have received what I've payed for, and would NOT be disappointed even if tomorrow you would announce that you gave up on developing LFS. On the contrary, I am impressed about what you (Scavier, this time ) have managed to create, and even envy you at some point that you had the courage to go on this path and choose independence. I am not saying that everybody should feel like me (but I would like to :P ), and it doesn't have to - there are quite a few alternatives out there or there will be soon enough (rF2, IR, pCARS - maybe, AC - maybe, rF, ...).

As a closure; you (Scavier) have managed to create something exceptionally on many levels, that will definitely be remaining in the history of simracing, no matter what some would argue.. wouldn't that be a pitty to just help it slowly die ?! And more importantly, for that reason ?!

Hope you get my meaning, and perceive this as positive feedback, because it's in this intention that I've wrote it.
More games i see on you tube , p cars iracing asseto corsa , more i like Live For speed i dont know about you guys
I googled some game called stock car earlier. The link took me to some racing video game site. I forgot about the game When I saw the reviewers. Who are these guys? Do they still live with their parents? My God! The 40 year old virgin ain't got nothing on these two. Oh well. At least they ain't dressed Like Spock and Kirk....
Anyways, When LFS 3 does finally get released, will it have a "then and now" version of the road cars. I imagine the 2003 RB-4 would look a little different than the 201? version.
This is useful information as I'll need something to do between bed pan changes at the retirement community my grand kids will be sticking me in once S3 comes out. I wonder if I can get a doctor to prescribe me the game for alzheimer's medicine so it gets paid off by medicare?
Merry Christmas.
Quote from kimd41 :Who's looking forward for the christmas progress report? I'm betting for another tire picture, oh yeah I'd love a wireframe of that sexy b*itch.

haha i think the same

yeeah a new wireframe picture
Quote from Racer Y :I googled some ... Christmas.

Thanks for wasting read time on this complete bullshit posting. What the f* do I care that you Googled and came across some random video of some random game you dumb.

So you are on the internet, woohoo. What a story, tell the neighbors.
Quote from cargame.nl :Thanks for wasting read time on this complete bullshit posting. What the f* do I care that you Googled and came across some random video of some random game you dumb.

So you are on the internet, woohoo. What a story, tell the neighbors.

Of course you don't. And you're welcome. I'm so glad to have given you the opportunity to waste your time on something that won't lead to you having to shave your hand. Now go and play your game junior. Let the grownups talk now please.

uh the part about year models being used was actually serious. I dunno. Instead of going on and on about some chick car VW (was it supposed to have a flower vase too?) Just different year models would be cool.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG