The online racing simulator
Damn you lucky guys.
Feels amazing. FPS was at 60 but decided to turn down things a tiny bit and its around 100 easily (need to lock it though because it drops to 60 or so in some areas). No steering input lag that I can see (at least none that is noticable when driving).

Also surprised with how well it runs at 2560x1600, can't wait for official release!
Quote from Taavi(EST) :Runs just fine on my modest rig
i5 2500k (no clock atm)
8GB DDRIII 1600Mhz
GF 560GTX (non ti)
Running @1920x1200

Even though i can't have everything maxed, it still looks just great even on medium settings, vsync off and locked to 58fps (cures input lag). And make sure you have the "maximum prerendered frames" in your graphics profiler turned to 1 for even less of input lag. Funny thing is, I can't run pCars on any acceptable visual settings without fps dropping below 58, can't drive a sim below that, sorry.

After some laps, I'd say this feels, looks and sounds (engine sounds cannot be judged by a 1.8 i4 engine) just great. Can't wait to take out the E30 around the Nordschleife now (even if the it doesn't come officially).

I had everything turned up at 1080p when I first installed it, and I was getting 50 -60 fps average, but the steering lag was ridiculous, so I dropped the details and resolution to cure it.
Will locking the framerate really let me turn it all back up?
Ive maxed everything in 1080p and it runs at a locked 71 everywhere and feels ok.

It feels good to deive but It doesnt really feel like an elise tho, it has very light steering which an elise doesnt, maybe its how my wheel is setup possibly.. Whats everyones wheel settings?
Quote from The Moose :This is not a demo! how many times does it have to be said? Think of this as a beta test for nKPro owners.

The demo will be free for everyone. (and will have more content and features)

yes i was asking for the demo not the tech. would be nonsense to buy a game just to try another' demo
Quote from BlueFlame :It's effectively a closed beta.

A closed beta that's open for pretty much everyone?

and z0mg it's not a demo or beta, it's a technology preview!11 when will you people learn
Quote from kill_em_all :yep, I have the same stupid card....the tree panels are purely awesome

Still with all video settings to low I manage to get 50-50 fps and an idea...

Mate, I know that thing with power consumption. All new ones require much energy. The thing is I think I found a good sollution: Asus GeForce® GTX 650-E which was made for not so much powered pc's and it even fits to older motherboard owners, cos basically this uses standart PCIe-X16 port. And this video card uses just 64 W power! Which is stunning compared with it's brother model GTX 650 which requires a new PCIe 3.0 port and additional power supply, cos uses 400 W or something like that. So it's a brand new and economic video card. Really looking forward to it. Costs? EU stock prices: for 1GB GDDR5 about 95 euros, for 2GB GDDR5 115 euros. So, the price is pretty same as current's GTX 650.

Info provider: http://www.tomshardware.com/ne ... orce-Efficient,21032.html
Quote from seniecka :Which is stunning compared with it's brother model GTX 650 which requires a new PCIe 3.0 port and additional power supply, cos uses 400 W or something like that.

PCIE is completely backwards compatible. You're just not getting the extra bandwidth that 3.0 cards could offer when using old motherboards, but they will work.
Quote from Bose321 :A closed beta that's open for pretty much everyone?

and z0mg it's not a demo or beta, it's a technology preview!11 when will you people learn

It's only open to those who pay or have nkp, so from that perspective its a closed beta yes and KS even said themselves it was a playable beta test platform to iron out bugs n shit.
Quote from seniecka :[..]Which is stunning compared with it's brother model GTX 650 which requires a new PCIe 3.0 port and additional power supply, cos uses 400 W or something like that[..]

There is no such thing.. a high end graphics card requires around 200W. The 400W is the required power for a complete system running a GTX650 and basic components.

I, for example, am running a Q6600 + GTX670 on an old PSU (5 years) of 500W.
-
(intrplay) DELETED by Victor : like you said it already, "it removes a fundamental feature from the Launcher "Licence Check"", so it's o
Did an Admin remove my post on how to unlock the Launcher? I posted Submit Reply, I seen it pop up as a Reply, now the post is not there when I checked over an hour later.

Edit.
Hey Victor. I understand the reason for the removal of my Post. Thanks for letting me know about it.
Not sure if it's been mentioned that it's possible to watch replay files by editing the file name into Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\race.ini. Add the file name and change active to 1. The replay will be loaded the next time you go to the track, at least in hotlap mode. It's not necessary to restart the launcher, only acs.exe.

Quote :[REPLAY]
FILENAME=lotus_elise_sc_magione_22-2-2013-19-3-32
ACTIVE=1

so guys.

whenever i click start engine i get this:

what is this? how do i fix it? and why is it stopping me from playing?
Attached images
ascorsaerror.jpg
fix it by getting a new pc
Quote from Franky.S :so guys.

The game requires a Direct X 10.1 / 11 graphics card to be able to play it.
You you have one of those, make sure Direct X installed correctly (at the end of the installation process of Tech Preview).
Well ****, when I click ''load engine'' it goes through the loading screen, loading the car and the track before returning to the main menu.
Quote from Franky.S :so guys.

What Graphics Card do you have? Looks like it's trying to run DirectX 11 on an unsupported Card. I'm not positive about that though.
Quote from intrplay :What Graphics Card do you have? Looks like it's trying to run DirectX 11 on an unsupported Card. I'm not positive about that though.

Radeon X1650 Series

is this too outdated? what would you reccomend for a low budget/good card?
Would be curious to find out Scawen's (or Devs in general) opinion about this tech preview. I'm sure he can appreciate a good sim.
In fact it goes in both ways I suppose, I remember Stefano saying positive things also about LFS in some recent interview, about the feeling of the car, and especially how he was fascinated by the AI behavior and capacity to "learn".
Quote from Franky.S :Radeon X1650 Series

Lol. Yes, that's old. What are you thinking of spending?
Quote from luchian :and especially how he was fascinated by the AI behavior and capacity to "learn".

I can appreciate a good troll.
Quote from Bose321 :Lol. Yes, that's old. What are you thinking of spending?

im not sure the prices of these new cards so i would say 50-60euro ?
Quote from Franky.S :Radeon X1650 Series

It's outdated because it's a DirectX 9 card. The lowest AC supports is DirectX 10.1. Therefore, you need at least a "DX10 card", but it would be silly to get a non-11 one at this stage.

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG