The online racing simulator
"Welcome to the 2013 Danica 500!"

"Gentlemen and Danica, start your engines!"

DW: "Danica, Danica, Danica, let's go racing, Danica!"
Its going to need to be in parts because I imagine she'll be name dropped at least 100 times in the last hour of pre-race coverage alone.
End of that Whelen race was some bullshit. Hope Larson's stripped of the win.
Full race: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYsoZUVT3Iw

He won't be stripped, it is their version of the All-Star race. Pretty much anything is going to go when it comes down to the final lap. CE's karma points set in though, as he led his heat race earlier in the day by dumping the leader. Still have respect for Larson just like I do for the Busch brothers, the only difference is that Larson isn't making bucket loads of money yet so a race that's there just for the money ($15k) is a given to a final lap take out.

Anyone who disagrees...

Also in more news: http://www.usatoday.com/story/ ... racks-attendance/1925205/
If you gotta hit a guy three times in one corner to win it, you don't deserve to win it.
Hard to define whether or not someone deserves the win or not. The moral card can be pulled but then that flies out the window when you see CE throwing his car into the lead with a massive divebomb. If Larson didn't move he would have been crashed out. Are we judging morality by the end result or the intentions? And does morality automatically mean someone deserves the win? Because Larson was fastest all day and night and won, so does that mean anything at all?

This was both of their chances to win for their first time at Daytona, and they showed that by giving each other no room. What happened at the end was the always controversial short track move, can't blame either for that. When coming off a turn 4 you don't lift, that's a given. That's also why when CE was interviewed after he didn't seem all that pissed at Larson, because he knew they were both racing like that and he just got the wrong end of the stick this time.

And Ben, don't make me pull up the 2008 Kyoto 250 final lap.
IMO side to side is different than a divebomb from a few carlengths back to hit a guy three times on the rear bumper, Phil.

They'd battled in close quarters for like 10 laps, swapped the lead twice, and CE had managed to pull away with a comfortable lead on the last lap. Larson dove in there, used CE's car to brake, and then hit him twice more to spin him on the exit of the last corner. That's just intentional wrecking.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :IMO side to side is different than a divebomb from a few carlengths back to hit a guy three times on the rear bumper, Phil.

Only reason CE got to the side of Larson's car because if Larson didn't move CE was going to run him over.

It's clear they race like this often, else it wouldn't have flown over so easy. You have to remember this isn't a top-tier race, this is the introductory series to NASCAR. If you are going to hold them to higher standards, then it isn't really fair to them.

Even in the top 3 series, it is hard to find a driver who hasn't wrecked the leader in order to become the winner. When you watch multiple different series (by this I mean road racing), you expect a higher standard of driving. Don't expect that from a low-tier oval racing series.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :If you gotta hit a guy three times in one corner to win it, you don't deserve to win it.

I agree, I was fine if he didnt spin him. but that was just plain dirty...
Quote from PMD9409 :Only reason CE got to the side of Larson's car because if Larson didn't move CE was going to run him over.

I was talking about the KY250 there.

But anyway, I still don't buy it. If you can just wreck the leader on the last lap with impunity, it ain't racing.
Hey, some times it's better to be second at the white flag.Just ask David Pearson

Edit: So much pull in the draft back in those days.
I got told this earlier in a debate on FB:

If this was any racing sim, Kyle and CE would both get lifetime bans by the admins of those sims for dirty racing. Yet it happens in a real car, on a real (short) track, no punishment. Sometimes, reality doesn't work the way you think it does. That finish happened in reality, would it happpen in a sim without people whining and bitching and arguing over it?
larson pls
Quote from DeadWolfBones :I was talking about the KY250 there.

But anyway, I still don't buy it. If you can just wreck the leader on the last lap with impunity, it ain't racing.

In the 250 you pushed my car into the wall coming off the corner. There is no difference. You took your fellow competitor out in order to win the race. Sure it may suck for CE not winning, but he would have done the exact same thing to Larson if the roles were reversed.

Anyways, I assume you don't like Stewart, Gordon (both), Kenseth, Carl, Brad, Harvick, Montoya, Busch brothers, Mark Martin, Sr or Jr, Biffle, and all the other drivers who have taken out a driver to win a race.
im sensing a Busch brother fanboy
Quote from PMD9409 :In the 250 you pushed my car into the wall coming off the corner. There is no difference. You took your fellow competitor out in order to win the race. Sure it may suck for CE not winning, but he would have done the exact same thing to Larson if the roles were reversed.

Anyways, I assume you don't like Stewart, Gordon (both), Kenseth, Carl, Brad, Harvick, Montoya, Busch brothers, Mark Martin, Sr or Jr, Biffle, and all the other drivers who have taken out a driver to win a race.

Not every incident is the same, in severity or intent. This was a pretty blatant intentional wrecking maneuver. CE was going around, one way or another, and that's not racing.
Quote from Mustangman759 :im sensing a Busch brother fanboy

lol no

Quote from DeadWolfBones :Not every incident is the same, in severity or intent. This was a pretty blatant intentional wrecking maneuver. CE was going around, one way or another, and that's not racing.

Not every incident is the same of course, but an incident shouldn't be judged by the outcome solely instead of how it transpired.

I'll go on all day, so we can just agree to disagree and start another silly debate after tonight's races.
Quote from PMD9409 :lol no

Not every incident is the same of course, but an incident shouldn't be judged by the outcome solely instead of how it transpired.

I'll go on all day, so we can just agree to disagree and start another silly debate after tonight's races.

I'm looking at how it transpired, though. I think I've been pretty clear about that.

Anyway, yeah. Moar racing plz.
Watching the Modified race? I am. I missed the race last night, but the move on the last lap was pretty dirty. Crossed a line for me, because he turned into him again on corner exit. That's what turned me off. Otherwise a great race

I like the new marketing direction that NASCAR is taking . Look at this new commercial for airing in the Daytona 500

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/ne ... brand-campaign-twist.html

Also, how about this? Another Woman in NASCAR, but not in the driver's seat

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/n ... ave-before-170207111.html
What a flip!
Well at least Park got pushed into it.
Quote from Cornys :Watching the Modified race? I am. I missed the race last night, but the move on the last lap was pretty dirty. Crossed a line for me, because he turned into him again on corner exit. That's what turned me off. Otherwise a great race

I like the new marketing direction that NASCAR is taking . Look at this new commercial for airing in the Daytona 500

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/ne ... brand-campaign-twist.html

Also, how about this? Another Woman in NASCAR, but not in the driver's seat

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/n ... ave-before-170207111.html

The twist commercial is probably one of the best I've ever seen for Nascar.

Too bad their new website is absolutely terrible and I can't even play it there. Youtube mirror for those with the same problem as me:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N24KvH8dV5s
Anyone know a good stream?!
Awesome, JustinTV usually cut them off after a while though I was using Vipbox but the only decent stream was laggy and had bad audio

Working fine, thanks a lot

2013 NASCAR Thread for the Rednecks
(1309 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG