The online racing simulator
Cruise maps and police etc is awesome idea! Let's kill the rest of online racing, I'd love that so we could finally say LFS is dead... It's funny how cruisers demand stuff like this, and if their demands are not listened, they get mad, and you dare to say we are childish or whatever when we just say how things are in this game?

I'd like to see you go on iracing forum to demand such things.. or why don't you go to assetto corsa forum, it's a full speed developing game.. Why wouldn't they add some cruising in it? Let's think that.... Now do you finally realize how retarted you are?

@blade
Quote :Ok now back to LFS. Many of these tracks are completely developed way beyond the areas we are allowed to drive, anyone remember the fun we had on blackwood car park when we could respawn onto the roof of the building and jump off? That was the reason I played LFS, for fun.

Good for you.. I didn't buy this game to jump off roofs and use stupid bugs to have fun. It clearly stated in website what type of game this is and I bought it because of what it was

Quote :The open tracks were added for racers and cruisers alike.

Sorry but I'm pretty sure they didn't think shit about cruisers when they opened the tracks, they just wanted to give more configs on racing. You think that they added cruise option on serverlist because they want to promote cruising? Wrong. They did that to hide the piece of shit servers from the ones who like to race. Yes, RACE. Not cruise.
It actually was not a bug but rather an easter egg... Ever played Halo? The same things were included in there... Game creators like to have fun too not just design.

Cruise was added by request, it actually makes it easier for users trying to find servers of their liking easier, just like how I hate the f1 cars and mark them off, I can mark cruise to find a cruise server. It wasn't added to spite users or attack servers, read your remark and realize how ignorant that is...

Deliberately attacking someone who expresses their view politely and thoroughly is totally uncalled for no matter about what, where, or who you are.

EDIT: and comparing it to iracing is an even worse statement. Iracing was developed to be a circuit racing game, and that was known ever since it's creation. LFS is completely different. It had a concept, a simulator like no other. It started off as just a racing simulator but then was adapted and modified to open and accept other ideas. Think Need For Speed, it was originally designed to be the ultimate racing simulator and was sponsored by road and track. No one ever though the street racing open world of Underground 2 would change what people wanted in a Need For Speed game forever. This is just like how open tracks will change LFS forever.

You even contradict youself in another thread

Quote :If LFS was to be some serious sim racing only game, it would be totally different... now it's just something in between searching for it's place.

Need I say more?
Quote from Blade3562 :
Cruise was added by request, it actually makes it easier for users trying to find servers of their liking easier, just like how I hate the f1 cars and mark them off, I can mark cruise to find a cruise server. It wasn't added to spite users or attack servers, read your remark and realize how ignorant that is...

no it wasnt. cruise filter was added so the racers in the game didnt have to see the disgrace that was the cruise servers. why do you think when u install lfs for first time the cruise is off!

Quote :Deliberately attacking someone who expresses their view politely and thoroughly is totally uncalled for no matter about what, where, or who you are.

because you are demanding stuff for cruising.. which will never ever be implamented into the game no matter how much you bitch abaout it.

EDIT:
Quote :and comparing it to iracing is an even worse statement. Iracing was developed to be a circuit racing game, and that was known ever since it's creation

so was LFS .. " Online RACING Simulator"

Quote :. It had a concept, a simulator like no other. It started off as just a racing simulator but then was adapted and modified to open and accept other ideas.

no it wasnt. all ideas made by the devs was 100% focused on racing aspect and nothing to do with the you retarded cruisesers. stop thinking this ..

Quote :Think Need For Speed, it was originally designed to be the ultimate racing simulator and was sponsored by road and track. No one ever though the street racing open world of Underground 2 would change what people wanted in a Need For Speed game forever. This is just like how open tracks will change LFS forever.

rofl! dont kid yourself. LFS was a born racing simlulator and always will be. no amount of whining from you cruise nobs will change anything so stop and go play your beloved nFS then!

Quote :Need I say more?

pls do. i can argue all day.

your move.
Does it really matter? Let everyone play their own game.
Quote from javialord :
Please count for me.. WKD , TC , RC... 3 servers but yes its never empty.

Because you get rewarded for parking yes. (Or better said; not penalized).

The amount of idle cars on the track let the overall statistics fool a bit.
Quote from Mustangman759 :Does it really matter? Let everyone play their own game.

I agree!

Who don't you cruisers let us play our own racing game without you always whining for content specific for cruising.
These guys are just idiots. As stated above they game is meant to be played your own way. If you are going to deter posts and make useless attacks and slander go somewhere else. This is a suggestion thread not a let's post an idea and say no that's what this game is about. That's not up to you now is it? I've played this game since S1, and am still playing to this day because I can play how I want, unlike these other games where you have to level up and such. Cruising is a form of racing, we go on night cruises all the time which entail 4 cars at speeds over 100mph on our small narrow valley passes.

You keep saying cruise was to filter it, once you will it honestly was not you will see how great this game truly is. It was requested for ages and finally object and other items could be supported to create larger layouts and support open worlds.

And I hate Need For Speed, anyone will attest to this. I'm just basing the comparison off of the worlds best known racing game. Game concepts change, you have this mentality that my way is the only way. and that's not how Scawen sees it or he would have never added it. He saw that the platform he designed has a completely new potential to bring in more players and more revenue to save a dying engine. Sure it's still got some of the worst graphics ever but hey, it improved on skinning from NASCAR Racing 3 of Windows 98.

The world will never go the way you want it to, sometimes you have to realize your idea is wrong. You think LFS is just for racing, LFS was just for racing. S3 has been held off ever since cruise servers have been gaining popularity, so I wouldn't doubt that we'll see added items for cruise servers alone.

And if you read my post the need i say more was reffering to another one of these well this is a racing game guys contradicting himself in support of another suggestion

Let people play their way, and suggest their suggestions. Also quit attacking other users, this is against the TOS, and is clearly stated. This is meant to be a friendly forum with shared ideas. Not a use for hateful attack posts.

EDIT: And Cargame you are incorrect especially about [TC] servers, there are afk kicks, only once you have wasted several (And I mean like 7plus) straight hours will you not get kicked instantly, they have implemented afk kicks because so many people want to play, when the server is full, it is truly full. Especially during peak hours, all afk kicks have a shorter time frame to prevent people from not being let in!
here we go!

Quote :These guys are just idiots. As stated above they game is meant to be played your own way. If you are going to deter posts and make useless attacks and slander go somewhere else. This is a suggestion thread

this is unoffcial suggestion thread that the devs wont/dont and will never care about. you are suggesting rubbish that has no right to be in LFS.

Quote :Cruising is a form of racing, we go on night cruises all the time which entail 4 cars at speeds over 100mph on our small narrow valley passes.

lol? why do you keep saying that? why do cruisers keep saying that? crusiing is nobbing around at 50mph in ur gay pony car lowered to the ground with absulutely no use or intention to go near a track.

racing is going around a track at high speed (more than 100mph) driving side by side with other cars battling for a postiion on a narrow piece of tarmac whilst being follow by other car behind. please see this difference and stop compare the both of them..

Quote :You keep saying cruise was to filter it, once you will it honestly was not you will see how great this game truly is. It was requested for ages and finally object and other items could be supported to create larger layouts and support open worlds.

this doesnt even make sense. but open layouts were made for pure autocross purpose and extending the track nunbers. people can use they imagination and make they own combos . and there is alot now.

Quote :Game concepts change, you have this mentality that my way is the only way. and that's not how Scawen sees it or he would have never added it. He saw that the platform he designed has a completely new potential to bring in more players and more revenue to save a dying engine

haha no he didnt. everyone, scawen , eric and victor does is all towards the RACING aspect of LFS. the one and only aspect of LFS. as i said he didnt add it to benifit you cruusors in any way. the engine maybe be dying but this is why S3 is on its way and i can gurantee you right now not one thing in S3 will be towards cruisers or cruising.

Quote :The world will never go the way you want it to, sometimes you have to realize your idea is wrong.

how is racing on a ONLINE RACING SIMULTOR the wrong idea? this doesnt make sense. trying playing the SIMs in battlefield 3 and see what response u get towards that..

Quote :You think LFS is just for racing, LFS was just for racing. S3 has been held off ever since cruise servers have been gaining popularity, so I wouldn't doubt that we'll see added items for cruise servers alone.

yes there is racing servers , drift servers and cruise servers. But cruise servers having nothing to do with the devs. the devs did ABSULUTEY nothing towards help the crusisers. all stuff made for cruiseing (insim) was made by the people who run this cruise servers. and S3 being held off because of this? rofl this isnt even related and makes no sense. like usual.

Quote :Let people play their way, and suggest their suggestions. Also quit attacking other users, this is against the TOS, and is clearly stated. This is meant to be a friendly forum with shared ideas. Not a use for hateful attack posts.

says you calling everyone idiots because we dont want to come to the land of retard with you?

k

edit- read this pls cruise nubs;

Quote from March Hare :This is a racing simulator. Cruising is not racing. That is the reason not to cover it. Except maybe with 6 feet of soil.

If you think a racing simulator should cover cruising why not add a shotgun and missiles and nukes? Or what about dating? Or some puzzles.

This game is about racing. Nothing more nothing less.

Quote from dawesdust_12 :It is not.

It is an online racing simulator.

The open configs weren't intended to directly benefit cruise, but allow people to create tracks from the world without needing the developers (there are a few combos that the devs missed.

Quote from dawesdust_12 :It's not that people drive what they want. that's not the question. It's that they always have requests that aren't conductive towards a racing simulator.

Customizable Rims, Police Cars, Tow Truck.. None of those actually push forward LFS as a racing simulator.

Quote from Eclipsed :What a nonsence duscussion here... Even if it would be the wet dream of these annoying stupid-thing-askers cruisers,I would love the update of South City by opening and fixing the streets already visible (inside SO3 configuration) and also the whole higway crossing part with that oval roundabout - the whole thing would give tens of new configurations. With new tyre physics release it would be the best time to make that update as all WRs would have to be reset anyway.

And yes,it would be useful to have cars with well visible flashing lights on top,to use as pace/safety cars,as currently the only thing that seperates it from racingcars is the model.

But that open world map is just a step too far - you moaner-cruisers,enjoy the open configs and shut up finally,you're just guests in this RACING simulator!

Quote from March Hare :I don't hate them. I just have never seen the point. They look awful and worsen the performance of the car.
Same thing applies to "customizing" the wheels in LFS. What would be the point? Maybe I'm just so bad a driver but I don't notice what kind of wheels are on the car that I'm trying to pass. Besides isn't there an addon that allows you to change the look of the wheels?
Now if the different wheels affected the cars performance. Then I wouldn't have much against it. The down side would be that everybody would just select the best performing wheel tyre combination and everybody would have the same wheel. Just as it is now. Why go through all the trouble to end up just where you started?

Not better, just smarter. I bought a racing game for racing. I've also bought a cops&robbers game for playing cops and robbers. You can also cruise around in it. Granted the physics are crap but it is enough for driving around. It is entertaining in it's own right. They are not the same game though and neither should they be. The Need For Speed games have cruising and I believe in some of them you can customize your car with bodykits and different wheels. Cruising around doesn't need very good physics because you are never on the edge. If you want to drive on the edge why not just race?

This is a public forum. If you do not want to read opinions that don't match yours then you shouldn't come here.

please take your time to read over these posts ..
I'm done arguing with someone who doesn't want to listen. Especially ones who are posting in a thread with severely contrasting ideas to the suggestion posted.

And every single post is read by the LFS staff whether you believe it or not. A butt load more stuff goes on behind closed doors than you think. They are probably laughing at the ignorance right now

As I originally said I race on tracks and on the street in real life. One who says cruising isn't racing only participated in a car show cruise and not a night drive. The skills required for a night drive is much more than any track will ever require as there are more factors, and the roads aren't designed for it. Cruise servers help simulate this. There are obstacles in the way but you still drive and attempt to push it as hard as possible. It's like Microsoft Flight Sim, so many ways to play it, even mods that let you drive bloody cars, but in the end if you'be played it enough you can fly a real plane better than you did before. LFS aims to do the same thing, no matter what your definition of racing is.

Owner of a 1981 Volkswagen MkI(the original hot hatch), a 1974 SAAB Sonett III(A factory road rally car), a 2002 MINI Cooper S, and former owner of a 1962 Austin MINI (the original small race car)
Quote from Blade3562 :I don't post on these forums much because of the morons who think this is a racing game and there are no other uses for it. Newsflash there are plenty of other uses. I race my Mini Cooper S in real life and this game replicates the best experience to that event. My first track day I had an idea what to do because I had raced the track on GTR2, I knew the basic layout but I didn't push it full out, I cruised along in C group my first couple times learning the track. By the third session my speed was increasing, and I was pushing it harder and harder. By the next track day I was riding the curves on the inside of the turns and only braking twice per lap.

Ok now back to LFS. Many of these tracks are completely developed way beyond the areas we are allowed to drive, anyone remember the fun we had on blackwood car park when we could respawn onto the roof of the building and jump off? That was the reason I played LFS, for fun. The racing and fine tuning you can do is incredible, but the vehicles and openess are lacking. When I'm on a cruise server I tend to drive like I do in real life, pushing it to the edge and taking consequences when I am caught, or I could leisurely drive at their set speed limits. If you ever look the two [TC] servers almost always top the list, followed by Warlab Drift. That says there is more to this sim than just racing. (Even demo servers with out access to objects do it!) The open tracks were added for racers and cruisers alike. Thats what makes this game great, you can play it how you want, there are no levels, there are no restrictions, play it how you like. So why not open up more maps and add more features? This game takes so little overhead that even on max settings my dad's ancient POS IBM Thinkpad can play LFS and the maps are almost done, just finish them. Plus for racers, town racing would be an awesome addition all sorts of new corners and twists could be added. Think Monte Carlo.

This would be second on my list after more customization/vehicles(gimme a MkI Rabbit/Golf and I'll smoke you in a FXR, FZR) and before changing weather/new physics.

Quote from Tomba(FIN) :Cruise maps and police etc is awesome idea! Let's kill the rest of online racing, I'd love that so we could finally say LFS is dead... It's funny how cruisers demand stuff like this, and if their demands are not listened, they get mad, and you dare to say we are childish or whatever when we just say how things are in this game?

I'd like to see you go on iracing forum to demand such things.. or why don't you go to assetto corsa forum, it's a full speed developing game.. Why wouldn't they add some cruising in it? Let's think that.... Now do you finally realize how retarted you are?

@blade

Good for you.. I didn't buy this game to jump off roofs and use stupid bugs to have fun. It clearly stated in website what type of game this is and I bought it because of what it was

Sorry but I'm pretty sure they didn't think shit about cruisers when they opened the tracks, they just wanted to give more configs on racing. You think that they added cruise option on serverlist because they want to promote cruising? Wrong. They did that to hide the piece of shit servers from the ones who like to race. Yes, RACE. Not cruise.

Quote from Blade3562 :It actually was not a bug but rather an easter egg... Ever played Halo? The same things were included in there... Game creators like to have fun too not just design.

Deliberately attacking someone who expresses their view politely and thoroughly is totally uncalled for no matter about what, where, or who you are.

EDIT: and comparing it to iracing is an even worse statement. Iracing was developed to be a circuit racing game, and that was known ever since it's creation. LFS is completely different. It had a concept, a simulator like no other. It started off as just a racing simulator but then was adapted and modified to open and accept other ideas. Think Need For Speed, it was originally designed to be the ultimate racing simulator and was sponsored by road and track. No one ever though the street racing open world of Underground 2 would change what people wanted in a Need For Speed game forever. This is just like how open tracks will change LFS forever.

You even contradict youself in another thread

Need I say more?

Quote from Franky.S :no it wasnt. cruise filter was added so the racers in the game didnt have to see the disgrace that was the cruise servers. why do you think when u install lfs for first time the cruise is off!

because you are demanding stuff for cruising.. which will never ever be implamented into the game no matter how much you bitch abaout it.

EDIT:
so was LFS .. " Online RACING Simulator"

no it wasnt. all ideas made by the devs was 100% focused on racing aspect and nothing to do with the you retarded cruisesers. stop thinking this ..

rofl! dont kid yourself. LFS was a born racing simlulator and always will be. no amount of whining from you cruise nobs will change anything so stop and go play your beloved nFS then!

pls do. i can argue all day.

your move.

Quote from Mustangman759 :Does it really matter? Let everyone play their own game.

Quote from cargame.nl :Because you get rewarded for parking yes. (Or better said; not penalized).

The amount of idle cars on the track let the overall statistics fool a bit.

Quote from March Hare :I agree!

Who don't you cruisers let us play our own racing game without you always whining for content specific for cruising.

Quote from Blade3562 :These guys are just idiots. As stated above they game is meant to be played your own way. If you are going to deter posts and make useless attacks and slander go somewhere else. This is a suggestion thread not a let's post an idea and say no that's what this game is about. That's not up to you now is it? I've played this game since S1, and am still playing to this day because I can play how I want, unlike these other games where you have to level up and such. Cruising is a form of racing, we go on night cruises all the time which entail 4 cars at speeds over 100mph on our small narrow valley passes.

You keep saying cruise was to filter it, once you will it honestly was not you will see how great this game truly is. It was requested for ages and finally object and other items could be supported to create larger layouts and support open worlds.

And I hate Need For Speed, anyone will attest to this. I'm just basing the comparison off of the worlds best known racing game. Game concepts change, you have this mentality that my way is the only way. and that's not how Scawen sees it or he would have never added it. He saw that the platform he designed has a completely new potential to bring in more players and more revenue to save a dying engine. Sure it's still got some of the worst graphics ever but hey, it improved on skinning from NASCAR Racing 3 of Windows 98.

The world will never go the way you want it to, sometimes you have to realize your idea is wrong. You think LFS is just for racing, LFS was just for racing. S3 has been held off ever since cruise servers have been gaining popularity, so I wouldn't doubt that we'll see added items for cruise servers alone.

And if you read my post the need i say more was reffering to another one of these well this is a racing game guys contradicting himself in support of another suggestion

Let people play their way, and suggest their suggestions. Also quit attacking other users, this is against the TOS, and is clearly stated. This is meant to be a friendly forum with shared ideas. Not a use for hateful attack posts.

EDIT: And Cargame you are incorrect especially about [TC] servers, there are afk kicks, only once you have wasted several (And I mean like 7plus) straight hours will you not get kicked instantly, they have implemented afk kicks because so many people want to play, when the server is full, it is truly full. Especially during peak hours, all afk kicks have a shorter time frame to prevent people from not being let in!

Quote from Franky.S :here we go!

this is unoffcial suggestion thread that the devs wont/dont and will never care about. you are suggesting rubbish that has no right to be in LFS.

lol? why do you keep saying that? why do cruisers keep saying that? crusiing is nobbing around at 50mph in ur gay pony car lowered to the ground with absulutely no use or intention to go near a track.

racing is going around a track at high speed (more than 100mph) driving side by side with other cars battling for a postiion on a narrow piece of tarmac whilst being follow by other car behind. please see this difference and stop compare the both of them..

this doesnt even make sense. but open layouts were made for pure autocross purpose and extending the track nunbers. people can use they imagination and make they own combos . and there is alot now.

haha no he didnt. everyone, scawen , eric and victor does is all towards the RACING aspect of LFS. the one and only aspect of LFS. as i said he didnt add it to benifit you cruusors in any way. the engine maybe be dying but this is why S3 is on its way and i can gurantee you right now not one thing in S3 will be towards cruisers or cruising.

how is racing on a ONLINE RACING SIMULTOR the wrong idea? this doesnt make sense. trying playing the SIMs in battlefield 3 and see what response u get towards that..

yes there is racing servers , drift servers and cruise servers. But cruise servers having nothing to do with the devs. the devs did ABSULUTEY nothing towards help the crusisers. all stuff made for cruiseing (insim) was made by the people who run this cruise servers. and S3 being held off because of this? rofl this isnt even related and makes no sense. like usual.

says you calling everyone idiots because we dont want to come to the land of retard with you?

k

edit- read this pls cruise nubs;

please take your time to read over these posts ..

Quote from Blade3562 :I'm done arguing with someone who doesn't want to listen. Especially ones who are posting in a thread with severely contrasting ideas to the suggestion posted.

And every single post is read by the LFS staff whether you believe it or not. A butt load more stuff goes on behind closed doors than you think. They are probably laughing at the ignorance right now

As I originally said I race on tracks and on the street in real life. One who says cruising isn't racing only participated in a car show cruise and not a night drive. The skills required for a night drive is much more than any track will ever require as there are more factors, and the roads aren't designed for it. Cruise servers help simulate this. There are obstacles in the way but you still drive and attempt to push it as hard as possible. It's like Microsoft Flight Sim, so many ways to play it, even mods that let you drive bloody cars, but in the end if you'be played it enough you can fly a real plane better than you did before. LFS aims to do the same thing, no matter what your definition of racing is.

Owner of a 1981 Volkswagen MkI(the original hot hatch), a 1974 SAAB Sonett III(A factory road rally car), a 2002 MINI Cooper S, and former owner of a 1962 Austin MINI (the original small race car)

:sleep2:
Quote from Blade3562 :The skills required for a night drive is much more than any track will ever require as there are more factors, and the roads aren't designed for it

The only skill your "night drives" need is idiotism. I hope you kill yourself before you kill someone else with your "100mph-night-drive-racing" on public roads.

Once I tried how fast my dads Nissan Micra could go. If I recall correctly the speedometer ended at 160kph (100mph for you who can't do math) and I buried the needle. The calibration was probably off a bit but quite close to your 100mph. It was night time and i knew the road didn't have any intersections and it took no skill except flooring the throttle and occasionally turning the wheel a bit. Doing this was exceptionally stupid, I know.
Only real racing I've done has been in go-karts. Getting them around a track required much more skill. And I wasn't doing anything close to 100mph.

Some more ZZZ for you Daniel. You need your beauty sleep.
And this is where the daycare teacher kicks in to tell you to make up and apologize.

It's natural for many games to come up with alternative game modes if these games aren't on a very strict game mechanic (which LFS isn't, and if it was it'd feel like Gran Turismo). What LFS offers is top edge driving physics along with a multiplayer server system which out leagues any other racing game to date. A server system comparable to games such as counter-strike with good server management and easy server access. Just the in game chat system alone is of very high quality. That being said, the quality of all these aspects makes LFS a very good choice for multiplayer driving, even if it's at the cost of a huge open world map. These circumstances have caused a new game mode to develop out of the game. The same way RP developed in GTA and Source Engine (gmod). I'd even go as far as to compare it to DayZ even though the numbers aren't remotely close. The difference between these games and LFS is that these game engines have a greater opportunity for modding than LFS which is why the suggestions thread is receiving this many cruise related topics.

SO back on topic. In my opinion as said already, opening a few extra roads on South City would do a lot. It wouldn't take that much effort for the devs and it would satisfy many cruisers. A plus on that is that it would add a bunch of new configurations to race on. Another thing that could be done is allowing the insim to tap into more stuff. Like setup aspects and fuel levels. Maybe even teleporting cars. That would allow for some more player made cruise related features and keep cruising related topics out of the suggestion category to a further extent.
This message is not meant to condone street racing in any way shape or form.
The main point of doing a night drive, is that fact that is at night. Traffic between 2300 and 0400 is almost null in our area, especially once you hit the valley. Safety is a number one concern on these drives to not only protect ourselves, but other drivers. When you do these drives you have a lead car that runs out in front to check the roads and has a radio so if he spots a car he will let us know. He will also state adverse road conditions including animals. The next concern is you only want to do so for a small block of time so you minimize your impact on public safety, especially if there is a newer driver in the group. With how the suspension is setup on European hot hatches, like the GTI and MINI Cooper, you never should have to cross the double yellow and can remain on you side of the road, even further lessening the risk of impact. The final advantage of night is headlights. If you are approaching on another car you can see their headlights and know to slow down to not risk their safety, during the day this factor does not exist and makes situations more likely to occur. We may be only 20 years old but we aren't stupid, the goal isn't to be an idiot and just floor it, it's to learn driving skills that will help you anywhere, and teach you that just because you may have a fast car doesn't mean you know how to drive it or use it to its full potential. Accidents happen regardless of it is a night drive or rush hour traffic on the highway.

I have always thought LFS would make a great platform for a Pikes Peak style event which is kind of what Wizard is showing.

And I really hope we see something like this implemented, it's almost a shame that the developers spent time to develop these extra map details and locations, but they are locked away until someone says we can use them!

Would also be nice to add in night time and working headlights, but that will come by S4 hopefully lol.
Quote from Blade3562 :
I have always thought LFS would make a great platform for a Pikes Peak style event which is kind of what Wizard is showing.

A mountain course is a quite popular suggestion. One of my personal favorites that I'd like to see implemented the most. Personally I'd prefer it without gravel but I guess it can differ from different areas. Maybe even different configurations like some of the race track venues. I could go on but this is a bit off topic.

Quote from Blade3562 :
Would also be nice to add in night time and working headlights, but that will come by S4 hopefully lol.

That would also be nice. Not really a priority IMO but the more features, the better.
Quote from FlyingBus :i understand, but sadly there is no open world game that comes close to real physics.

There is, it's called going out the front door and driving my car. Which I can do whenever I want, why would I do it in a computer game?
Ladies, ladies.
calm down.

how long has s3 been coming?

And your asking for other things too?

NEVER GONNA HAPPEN NO MATTER WHO HAS THE LAST WORD
Quote from Crashgate3 :There is, it's called going out the front door and driving my car. Which I can do whenever I want, why would I do it in a computer game?

If you get your petrol for free, then I see your point.
Quote from '=Wolf=[NO :
We just need to face the fact: with realistic car handeling, interest for any car related usage of lfs will apear

Great! Can I get my suggestion for Dogging in then?

Quote from GROOV3ST3R :There seems to be a general rule that everyone who has been here for 3 or more years and has over 500 posts has to be downright rude and condescending.

Damn! I just broke 400, so there's no hope for me then.

Quote from Monkay :As it's been said a million time. If you don't like drift and cruise then don't use it, doesn't hurt the game to have more people playing/buying LFS.

There's a place for all types, and everyone is not expected to agree. I hate the hate that's involved in the disagreement.

Quote :
Look at ARMA, they allow modding and the game was dead until dayz and now RPG style Life mods.

My recollection as a former staff member at on Dev Heaven (ACE Mod) is that it was far from dead. Not too many public servers, but many many private teams and clans who got together on occasions.

However, and this is the important point, zombie mods were treated with a certain amount of derision by some sections of the community. The same went for City Life which is comparative to cruise here. After all, ARMA is a military sim, as LFS is a racing sim, right?. I have a feeling of deja vu right now.

The unique selling point of DayZ is that it's predominantly a survival mod with a zombie twist, and is probably the reason why the devs have chosen to support it and release it as a standalone. Cruise on the other hand is far removed from racing, and doesn't have the same hook as far as I can see.

That's not to say cruise doesn't have merit. It's a matter of taste. I love stunt driving and rally, neither of which is really accommodated in LFS yet. Autocross and RallyX are the closest we get right now, and cruise seems to have far more support despite coming to the scene much later.

What we should all hope for, is that once the core features of LFS are done, we can enjoy a more open modding scene which is supported by the devs. The pace of development is slow, and the reasons well discussed and documented, but when the day comes, I do hope we can tailor our favourite driving sim to fit our individual tastes.

TLDR? Let's stop arguing over our individual wants, and enjoy what we have right now, and hope with what's to come.
There is already the option of open-config. That's a lot of roads, especially on maps like SO. I don't mean to be rude or anything, but there are other games that can suit your needs if you simply want to roam the world in a car. How about the 18 Wheeler series? City Driving 3D, Midtown Madness? I've spent a lot of time with these games/sim and I still like them (I'm not trying to be rude)

My view of this is like - you bought a computer case as used it as a water tank for your fish. Now, you feel the aquarium is lacking, and you call CM or Aztek to make you a water filter for your fish. LFS wasn't originally built for cruise. Sure, it's good that the option is there today. But I think the focus is on racing, and development should go there as a priority - isn't open config enough?
Quote from GenesisX :My view of this is like - you bought a computer case as used it as a water tank for your fish. Now, you feel the aquarium is lacking, and you call CM or Aztek to make you a water filter for your fish. LFS wasn't originally built for cruise. Sure, it's good that the option is there today. But I think the focus is on racing, and development should go there as a priority - isn't open config enough?

You're saying that driving in a car game is comparable to filling a computer case with water?
I think he is saying that cruising in a racing game and whining about more cruising content is like using an implement for something it's not ment to be used and complaining that it didn't work.
A better comparison might be going to a petshop and buying a cage for hamsters and then complaining about how it should have a perch for your parrot.
Quote from March Hare :I think he is saying that cruising in a racing game and whining about more cruising content is like using an implement for something it's not ment to be used and complaining that it didn't work.
A better comparison might be going to a petshop and buying a cage for hamsters and then complaining about how it should have a perch for your parrot.

I can relate to that comparison if you'd imagine that the hamster cage is one of only a few quality pet cages on the market and that people who couldn't find a good bird cage for their parrot are asking the makers of the quality hamster cage to make a quality bird cage simply by adding a few features and slightly reworking the hamster cage. Only problem is that the hamster owners really hate parrots and the parrots owners so they do everything in their power to stop this bird cage from being made.

Expressing opinions about how LFS should develop does not equal whining. Many suggestions about cruise related content (not all of course but a lot) are posted in a polite manner with room for compromises of how it could benefit different racing aspects in LFS. The same thing can't be said about the knights of the LFS forum.
The only problem in your example is that LFS is hardly the only racing game around with goodish physics and possibility for open configs. LFS just happens to be the most inexpensive option. Besides it's much easier to go on particular games forum and bash the developers if they are real persons instead of a big corporation.

I don't believe big open world areas are that easy. There are a multitude of games that have proven this. Unless of course you want the world to be just a flat piece of tarmac. I for one don't want anything like that. Besides I don't believe it would be that nice to drive there with the current LFS physics. It would feel like all the roads were just paved with new tarmac. LFS just lacks the bumpiness needed for country roads.

Besides have you ever thought about what it would be to drive around a road network that had a 1000 miles of road and only 32 cars? Or what ever the limit is nowadays. Even with 50 cars it would be one car every 20 miles. Ooh the excitement would kill me.
Quote from March Hare :The only problem in your example is that LFS is hardly the only racing game around with goodish physics and possibility for open configs. LFS just happens to be the most inexpensive option. Besides it's much easier to go on particular games forum and bash the developers if they are real persons instead of a big corporation.

I would disagree, LFS is by far the platform with most potential to grow into any kind of driving game with it's sophisticated networking system and with the freedom within the game mechanics. The fact that LFS has among the best vehicle physics out there doesn't make it any worse. Heck, even the engine sound generation system alone is ahead of any racing game to date which are all using the same stone age technology of looping samples.
I'm sure I've gone trough this before though. Even in this same topic. You might not see the potential of LFS and maybe that's the problem.

Quote from March Hare :I don't believe big open world areas are that easy. There are a multitude of games that have proven this. Unless of course you want the world to be just a flat piece of tarmac. I for one don't want anything like that. Besides I don't believe it would be that nice to drive there with the current LFS physics. It would feel like all the roads were just paved with new tarmac. LFS just lacks the bumpiness needed for country roads.

Besides have you ever thought about what it would be to drive around a road network that had a 1000 miles of road and only 32 cars? Or what ever the limit is nowadays. Even with 50 cars it would be one car every 20 miles. Ooh the excitement would kill me.

Many people would agree that south city is already a good base for the kind of map the cruise folks want. Just filling in the blanks here and there and make more configurations for it. Actually, that's exactly what the author wrote, did you actually read the topic?
I don't know which topic you read but I read this one:
Quote from GROOV3ST3R :add some more space and a motorway around the city, going to some more rural areas with open-rally cross tracks, even if they were just a mash-up of existing RallyX courses

To me that looks like a bit more than just a few barriers opened on SO. Not so easy to do.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG