The online racing simulator
RWD street car is all I want to test out this game, hope the tech demo is out this year as I'm so bored lol
Please, PLEASE, give us the demo already..
Quote from masternick :RWD street car is all I want to test out this game, hope the tech demo is out this year as I'm so bored lol

Well, even if the tech demo will be out this year, it's almost 100% that it comes with the Fiat 500 and Monza.
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Well, even if the tech demo will be out this year, it's almost 100% that it comes with the Fiat 500 and Monza.

That content should be enough for most people anyway. I also haven't seen any signs of a tech demo release date though.
For a DX11 game this thing doesn't look that impressive. When can we get a sim with PCARS level graphics and LFS/NKP level physics?

Still, definitely will buy AC. Waiting for the demo...
Quote from Keling :For a DX11 game this thing doesn't look that impressive. When can we get a sim with PCARS level graphics and LFS/NKP level physics?

Still, definitely will buy AC. Waiting for the demo...

You're joking, right?
Quote from DeKo :You're joking, right?

Would you say it actually looks good? I'm not impressed at all tbh.
It's ok but not even close to this..

Quote from Bose321 :Would you say it actually looks good? I'm not impressed at all tbh.

Then name a sim that looks better
Quote from ATHome :Then name a sim that looks better

There isn't a 'sim' that looks better, perhaps only rF2 has a slight chance, but I doubt it.

I'm not saying it look crap, but it's just not great. Doesn't change from the fact that isn't important for me in a driving game. Otherwise I wouldn't be playing LFS.
Well I agree with you that looks aren't important for a driving game. But I guess, I judge the graphics of an game by the games that are already out and in that case AC looks better than anything the sim market has to offer until today
Quote from athome :ac looks better than anything the sim market has to offer until today :d

+1
Project cars blows it out of the water graphics wise.
Quote from DejaVu :Project cars blows it out of the water graphics wise.

We are talking about sims. pCars still has a long way to go.
By definition it is a sim.. Maybe the physics are debatable in areas but it is still a sim.
Quote from DejaVu :By definition it is a sim.. Maybe the physics are debatable in areas but it is still a sim.

You better get your flame coat.
my fellow team mate is testing pcars,and said its shaping up to be a damn good sim physics wise. we all know graphic wise its already up there
That's good! Because, the more proper sims we get, the better it is for us.
We did call LFS a Racing Sim even when it was a space shuttle simulator.... Do not get high on youself
Quote from The Very End :We did call LFS a Racing Sim even when it was a space shuttle simulator.... Do not get high on youself

also doom used to be the best FPS around!
Those were the time :`)
Well... If you compare AC with only PC hard-core driving sims available today, yes, it's good.

The problem of this agreement is graphics is just made of polys, textures and stuff like that. It has nothing to do with what we call "physics" of a racing game/sim. Instead of comparing sims to sims we can also (and should?) compare a sim racing title to whatever racing games out there, be it PCARS or NFS. Even if we cross the border of genres and compare a RCG to a FPS, it's still textured polys with some effects. Graphics programmers working for different genres may face slightly different problems, but the underlying tech is basicly the same. Actually you can race cars in BF3 or Crysis 2 if you want to. Don't expect any realistic physics though.
Quote from ATHome :Well I agree with you that looks aren't important for a driving game.

Really? I think good graphics are an important part of any game.
Perhaps even more so for sims, because the whole idea is to immerse yourself in a virtual reality.
Of course, good graphics amount to nothing if the physics aren't right, but the two go hand in hand in my opinion anyway.

Good graphics today are tomorrows naff "did we really think this was good?". Good physics are good physics forever.
Good physics isn't that immortal. The standard does change, just at a much slower rate. There's much more effort on the graphics side of gaming because the average Joe can easily tell the difference. For sim physics it's a different story.

Think about what used to be the best sim 10 or 15 years ago. Maybe still fun to play, but can it challenge today's sims physics wise?

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG