The online racing simulator
Wizard, that link to the AA forums you posted ought to come with a health warning - read it at risk of your own sanity I think!

In summary, to save people the bother, I don't think it showed any evidence of hacking and certainly nothing like what we're seeing now with Anakin.

Edit: oh, you've removed it now...
Cocaine is helluva drug.
Quote from E.Reiljans :Cocaine is helluva drug.

+1

On the note of 0.6E though I have actually been expierencing weird server lag and crashes, when I never ever have had before. However the new connection system works is annoying as heck.

Also if He's only playing a Demo [AA] server what's it matter? 1 demo "Race" server compared to all the drift and cruise servers, Maybe just put some AI on the server and let him just fool around with them. He will never know! lol
Quote from Blade3562 :+1

On the note of 0.6E though I have actually been expierencing weird server lag and crashes, when I never ever have had before. However the new connection system works is annoying as heck.

Also if He's only playing a Demo [AA] server what's it matter? 1 demo "Race" server compared to all the drift and cruise servers, Maybe just put some AI on the server and let him just fool around with them. He will never know! lol

Whats wrong with the connection system?
Quote from Blade3562 :

I think you mean that because you don't race there, nobody else should care either?

Last night, Skywalker came onto one of our daily FBM events and ruined the race for a whole load of regular racers, all of whom had pbs of 1:12 and 1:13. We also have a vibrant community of good and fast racers and members who compete in S2 leagues.

Yes, we have our fair share of crashers too. But these demo servers are where the LFS players of tomorrow will come from.

And if this guy can hack our servers then he can hack yours too.

We should all care that this gets fixed.
Quote from Blade3562 :
Also if He's only playing a Demo [AA] server what's it matter? 1 demo "Race" server compared to all the drift and cruise servers

I seriously wondering why he only go to race servers, must be some patetic cruiser/drifter that got bored of it and just want to make some mess. Why he doesnt go to cruise servers, I'm pretty sure he will have far more fun there than on racing servers.
Quote from www.lfs.net :Live for Speed is a serious racing simulator.

Yesterday I heard he also visited other demo servers, so its not only [AA]

BTW Yesterday Anakin Skywalker banned me
cruisers..
Quote from THE WIZARD DK : ignoring him would be the best method i think..

Well i disagree, letting him do what he wants will drasticly decreas the number of players that are playing on our servers or in this case anyones servers. People will lose interest because they will get sick and tierd of being banned everytime by this power hungry, control freak, that i would personaly :chairs: because people like him iritate the hell out of me. We need to figure out how to stop this lowlife once and for all. Because Anakin Skywalker if you want attentione, go out an get yourself a dog... Because i doubt you can get a girl..
Quote from LukaPsB :....if you want attentione, go out an get yourself a dog... Because i doubt you can get a girl..

Wounded beasts write like this.

Almost all of of u just can't take it.
Comments by those admins from big servers and big teams are pityful. Insults, that's all you can do, and it's useless, shame on you guys.

Anakin has style and a pure spirit, you just are gross and fearful, that's no match.

I would suggest to call Obi One Kenobi, and go meditate while waiting for him.

Cheers Anakin ! You are epic !
Quote from kingwalter : Wounded beasts write like this.

No, frustrated people write like this. Because you have no idea how much effort my team put into the managment of those servers, and how much time it took to get those servers full and keep them runing full. And now we cant do nothing either than stand and look how this Anakin dude is ruining all the hard work because he hasent got anything else to do..

Quote from kingwalter : Comments by those admins from big servers and big teams are pityful. Insults, that's all you can do, and it's useless, shame on you guys.

Some of us are not programmers, and we dont do this kind of stuff, and as i can see people that are programmers and do this everyday, even have a problem on how to stop him, so please think before you say anything at all.

Quote from kingwalter :Cheers Anakin ! You are epic !

Immature kids sound like this.
I suggest this topic is being closed, as it has turned into a mud throwing contest.
I am sure Scawen will deal with the actual problem and will contact people personaly if he needs help/information.
-
(DANIEL-CRO) DELETED by DANIEL-CRO : Đ
In the first reply all the three cars are AI's. However he stands as host and using the license name similar to Daniel Cro.

Best thing would be to have the replay where he connects to the server. Scawen mentioned that having the connection log (probally only in the hands of the host itself / airo) will be good help.
Wizard - read the full thread. I provided all the AA logs already. And the Anakin Skywalker server I think was the one set up by Daniel-CRO (as a joke?). Honestly, this continual debate is not actually helping things. It's merely providing the hacker with the attention and importance he craves. The devs are working on a fix and they're the best people to provide that. All the rest is just speculation and gossip.
Quote from THE WIZARD DK :somewhere scawen asked for replays.. i provide some now..

I believe he has everything he needs right now. Replays were provided. If he wants anything else he'll come on here and ask (if he can be bothered to read through this mess of a thread).
-
(Frunze118) DELETED by Frunze118
Quote from THE WIZARD DK :... regarding lag. another thing i noticed, is when skins download, and the skin is NOT on LFSW , it can freeze my screen for quite some time.. about the same time as it takes a xfg going from one end of straight to another on WE. so thats a serious issue. the same happens, tho its a shorter freeze if many is connected on multiclass servers. if i drive a roadcar, most gtr cars coming out from garage, to track, yanks my connection somehow..

I have the same issue, a definite "hitching" while skins download is turned on and the skin isn't available.

Quote :
really annoying in races. and its a eternal mystery to me why people who had LFS for some time STILL DOESNT UPLOAD THEIR FREAKIN SKINS to LFSW. how hard can it be.. or if you know your skin is private or team skin, change it to one that IS uploaded on lfsw, so all others dont get the message constantly about the missing skin on lfsw. people on S2 / S1 should know this. maybe more info about it when getting lfs download from main site as it seems ppl cant read anymore.. if you dont want people to see your skin? why da hell make it then??? stupid... it really is. at least you can write a text on the skin saying its private.. maybe all the kids drive around with nude ladies or something nowadays, idk,idc, its just annoying to see s2 / s1 persons with white cars and getting the msgs from lfsw constantly.. learn peeps...today.. you all got i think 50 skin uploads for each account. how hard can it be to use 2 min to upload...

We were on CGNL S1 at the same time last night, and my skin wasn't available on LFSW so you might have been suffering as a result of me. I was experimenting with this exact issue, so your report confirms my findings too. I've reviewed the replays, and cannot see anything that confirms the problem, but, it is definitely present in the live game.

For the record, I'm on a AMD 3200+ @2GHz, 2GB Ram, ATI 4850 1GB, Stable and fast ADSL connection.

I know I'm CPU bound, and can tolerate the occasional slow downs, but the hitching while attempting to retrieve the skin - especially at turn in - throws me right off my pace.

GT spec cars leaving the pits is an odd one and I was under the impression this had been fixed. As for the rest of the multiplayer improvements, everything seems to be much more stable, and my impression is that I see fewer people lagging out.

[Edit]
I omitted to say that whenever a new client connects and the sound/message is played to notify you that your own skin wasn't available, seems to cause a slight hitch too. - Hence the reason for my experiment last night.
Could be the harddisk, I had some microstuttering too on skin loading so I made symlinks to the skins_x/y/dds folders on my ssd and kept the rest on the old hdd, since then it's not happening anymore.

Symlinks on windows with junction
For what is worth it's nice seeing new updates as small as they are! Hope more are coming soon ! .On a more serious tone ,just wish there was some work done outside tire physics .Like a new dx 9/10/11 engine with shaders and weather effects.I do love lfs but its slowly becoming obsolete.When rfactor 2 is starting to get some very high quality content as more excellent tracks and cars are converted from rfactor 1 to higher rfactor 2 standards and project cars shapes really really well ,lfs is very stale.
It would be lovely if there was a third option to download / apply skins while not in an active session or while not moving.
Quote from troy :Could be the harddisk, I had some microstuttering too on skin loading so I made symlinks to the skins_x/y/dds folders on my ssd and kept the rest on the old hdd, since then it's not happening anymore.

Symlinks on windows with junction

That's a good point, but it seems to happen whenever the skin isn't available from LFSW, so your suggestion probably doesn't help in this particular case.

I use Link Shell extension for full control of links btw

Quote from NotAnIllusion :It would be lovely if there was a third option to download / apply skins while not in an active session or while not moving.

Such a feature would be welcome.

Can anyone else confirm the stutter/hitch while attempting to find a non existent skin on LFSW?

I wonder what would happen if the skin was cached locally, and wasn't available from LFSW? (after a skin had been deleted for example)
What you mean by stutter / hitch? Is is connection wise or FPS / screen wise?

I had this strange thing yesterday, was having some lag but was fine. Entering corner and everything is ok, then it just seems 0.5 sec disapeared. I was not in the corner anymore I was at the exit of it with an blink of an eye. The others did not notice anything but I have never experienced such a thing in LFS anymore, like a shortime warp.
Quote from The Very End :What you mean by stutter / hitch? Is is connection wise or FPS / screen wise?

For me it is a short freeze of the screen, but the frame rate doesn't appear to drop. Warping could be another way of describing it, and as I said before, during cornering is very disconcerting. The replays do not show anything happened at all, so I do not believe it is a connection problem, but could be wrong as the required skins are pre loaded anyway for replays.
Quote from Squelch :That's a good point, but it seems to happen whenever the skin isn't available from LFSW, so your suggestion probably doesn't help in this particular case.

I wonder what would happen if the skin was cached locally, and wasn't available from LFSW? (after a skin had been deleted for example)

Wouldn't lfs still access the disk while searching for it locally? I know demo users can't use skin downloads and get around that limitation by just putting the skins in their skins folder manually. So it could still be something with disk access? Not 100% sure of course, you only getting it on skins not available on lfsworld rules out dds loading when a new car joins I guess.

New Version : 0.6E
(618 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG