The online racing simulator
Power level is more than 9000
Right, that is the same Anakin who did this in 0.6B. He claims to be helping LFS development, and said he achieved his aim by getting me back to work (actually taking me off the tyre physics and onto hacker protection - though I agree there was useful development of the multiplayer code). But he doesn't want to help by letting us know how he did this. If he would send us an email of explanation, that would help LFS development, because I would be able to get back to the tyre physics and some editor tools Eric has asked me for. But his current approach is not helping to advance the speed of LFS development.

Anyway, I would like to see a log produced from the host at the time he joined it, hopefully with the replay also recorded on the host.
Another reason to postpone the "possible" release of stuffs. And if the hackers will be able to crack the game all the time, we will not get the vw and other stuffs, huh? ) very poor guys.
-
(Frunze118) DELETED by Frunze118
-
(DANIEL-CRO) DELETED by DANIEL-CRO : frunze...
-
(Frunze118) DELETED by Frunze118 : anakin is Daniel
-
(DANIEL-CRO) DELETED by DANIEL-CRO : "Reason: anakin is Daniel" -frunze WUT?
Hmm, this guy reminds me of "Phlos".
Coult it be the same guy? If I remember the history right that guy also claimed that he wanted to help by finding an exploit in the forum.
Phlos used to cause a stir, he has the same kind of skills as this guy. But after he had his fun, I think Phlos would tell us how he did it. He certainly did on some occasions. This guy just wants to waste my time. I think he must be a kid, living off his parents. He doesn't work for a living and feed a family, that's for sure, or he wouldn't do this to us (and wouldn't have the time). He's just a trouble maker who enjoys feeling he has power. He does have power - the power to irritate me like a fly buzzing around my head, and make you wait longer for your updates. A pity he can't use his intelligence for something constructive.
I see he got into year head / nerves?
Well, there will allways be people like that. But if it's only he that does this hacking now, maybe it would be better to just ignore him? Giving him attention only feeds his...well cause or whatever he thinks he does. And if anything he really misunderstands the thing, I and others want you to work on S3, but you are stucked with the misserable cheat hunt thanks to him...blergh
Quote from Scawen :I would be able to get back to the tyre physics and some editor tools Eric has asked me for.

And they say you're not open and honest enough

Thank you for posting so much lately. I really enjoy developer commentary.
Phlos only hacked forum from what I know? This isnt really LFS related, it was known security bug in vBulletin.

Scawen, what do you think about encrypting all TCP packets? Would something like this eventually help?
maybe its clearly, but maybe problem not in game but in main server (lfsworld or where is access to joing other servers is granting)?
Quote from meddc :Replays are here:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/mfw86z
http://www.sendspace.com/file/t3cy55
http://uppit.com/gy38kopw7v2k/BL1_ra...PEEDHACKER.mpr

I will check the server logs tonight for you.

Thanks. I saw these replays posted on the other thread. In these, Skywalker has already joined the host before the replay starts. I would be interested to see a replay which contains the event of him connecting. It's possible that may give me some more information. Does anyone remember seeing him join the host, or was he already there when you joined?

[ In 5 minutes he could send us the information about how it happens, but he is having fun watching us wasting our time on this. That is the kind of guy he is. ]
Quote from Scawen :...and make you wait longer for your updates.

dont blame others for your delays. You (and Eric) didnt work for lfs the most part of 2012. You said that.

Sure, you can do whatever you want with your product and its not my business but blaming others after 4 years of delays sounds like you are hiding behind your finger.

I am sorry for what i say, i really appreciate your work and i like lfs as it is.
Why I don't see anymore the
TCP : Cleared emergency store after getting TCP ERROR : WOULDBLOCK ?

Also not to mention the TCP ERROR INSIM LIMIT Spam messages ... But they seem to appear only before someone gets timeout , after that it stops .. for a short period of time , and second time the Insim crashes
Quote from vourliotis :dont blame others for your delays. You (and Eric) didnt work for lfs the most part of 2012. You said that.

Sure, you can do whatever you want with your product and its not my business but blaming others after 4 years of delays sounds like you are hiding behind your finger.

I am sorry for what i say, i really appreciate your work and i like lfs as it is.

if you actually read and understood what has been written in the forums about the problems in the devolopment of the physics then you would know, all problems have been made known

sorry as i guess this is spam but think respect should at least be shown and he can blame slower development now on this hacker problem as its obviously going to create extra work
Quote from vourliotis :dont blame others for your delays. You (and Eric) didnt work for lfs the most part of 2012. You said that.

I said there had been some time out. So what after a decade of hard work?

And I am not blaming this Skywalker person for the length of time it takes to develop and the difficulty of a tyre model, or my need for a few months out after so many heavy years. But I can tell you that I want to get back to the tyre physics and this guy is stopping me right now. It's the truth, even if you don't believe me. This destructive child could take five minutes, to email us and reveal his clever method. But he is twisted and his joy comes from watching us wasting our time.

Even better for him that you want to take this opportunity to throw a little attack at me and I want to defend myself.
i see the host has no username and anakin skywalker either so that makes him admin/host of the server. Is there something that checks the usernames length??
Quote from ADr3nAl1n :Why I don't see anymore the
TCP : Cleared emergency store after getting TCP ERROR : WOULDBLOCK ?

The storage of packets to send when there is trouble sending it is done in a much better way now, there is no "emergency store" any more, but a send buffer instead.

Quote from ADr3nAl1n :Also not to mention the TCP ERROR INSIM LIMIT Spam messages ... But they seem to appear only before someone gets timeout , after that it stops .. for a short period of time , and second time the Insim crashes

Well your report is a bit unclear. It sounds like you have an InSim program that is sending a LOT of information repeatedly, without interaction from the user, while that user is having a connection problem )and eventually timing out). I would suggest you try to see what the problem is with the InSim program. LFS accepts 16KB of InSim data in a buffer to each guest. It's possible the InSim program is sending buttons in a wasteful way.
Scawen: Tyre physics and core updates by all means, but that does not explain why Eric cannot release any new content what so ever. As i recall, it's him thats responsible for that? The new physics cannot be an obstruction for new content, as the current physics are still great.

Eric is very bad at dropping by here on the forums, is he even active and working at all? Some information updates regarding the situation would be nice.
I don't think it's a child, they are much more destructive. This seems more tactical.

Don't care much about the way of cheating. It's very obvious, would be nice if that can be prevented but if not no big deal.

Gaining admin rights however is a bit nasty, I'm surprised there is no easy fix on that.
Dear Scawen,
Have you took a look on this improvemen suggestion? It will fix all your problems in 5 minutes..

Regards,
Puma
Quote from NovaK :Scawen: Tyre physics and core updates by all means, but that does not explain why Eric cannot release any new content what so ever. As i recall, it's him thats responsible for that? The new physics cannot be an obstruction for new content, as the current physics are still great.

Eric is very bad at dropping by here on the forums, is he even active and working at all? Some information updates regarding the situation would be nice.

You are 100% rigth
Quote from Bass-Driver :i see the host has no username and anakin skywalker either so that makes him admin/host of the server. Is there something that checks the usernames length??

He's not really the host, just an ordinary user with modifications. There are quite a few checks on user name validity during the connection process. I suppose that either his modifications go through the joining process in a peculiar way, or his user record is corrupted in the host after connecting. I'm trying to look through these possibilities.

As asked before, I'd like to know if anyone sees him connecting or has seen him connect at some point. Would like to see a replay if that happened in game. Or has he only joined empty hosts? Receiving his info when you join a host or when he joins goes through the code in a different way.

The solution must be simple. There can't be many ways this can happen.
may be your answer in this topic or that? 0.6b
usename: congas
Anakin Skywalker meet girl...

Girl : Hi Anakin! What have you accomplished in life?
Anakin Skywalker : Well, I hacked one game multiplayer because I have no life.
Girl : Awesome, lets have sex !
Anakin Skywalker : Sorry, I don't have penis

Quote from Denny12 :Dear Scawen,
Have you took a look on this improvemen suggestion? It will fix all your problems in 5 minutes..

Regards,
Puma

How you gonna specify no username?

Quote from Audi TT :
... deleted by Frunze118
... deleted by DANIEL-CRO.Reason: frunze...
... deleted by Frunze118.Reason: anakin is Daniel
... deleted by DANIEL-CRO."Reason: anakin is Daniel"-frunze WUT?

Quote :How you gonna specify no username?

No username = no admin rights?

New Version : 0.6E
(618 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG